Wide Set Eyes or Far Apart Eyes – Meaning, Makeup, Tips, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Mascara, Attractive and Personality
Do you have wide set eyes and are looking for information? This article will give you more information on what are far apart eyes, personalities of people who have these eye type, and how do you make them look closer using eye makeup, such as eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara and eyebrow grooming and a lot more.
What are Wide Set or Far Apart Eyes?- Are they Attractive?
Wide set eyes or far apart eyes refer to eyes, which are more than an eyeball apart. I guess this is the opposite of what we discussed earlier on close-sets. This eye types tend to make someone to look youthful and much more open in their appearance. If you did not know, they are attractive and they should not worry you.
People with Far Apart Eyes
The far apart eyes are lovely and considered most beautiful. After all, Amanda Bynes loves Drake, the rapper, even though Drake has them. Apart from Drake, other celebrities with these eye type include Uma Thurman, Jessica Alba, Oprah and Kate Moss.
Wide Set Eyes and Personality
On personality, ancient Chinese believed that people who have them were not keen to details but put much attention to the bigger picture. For instance, if you have a boss who has wide set eye type, you need to look at the whole picture while passing your idea around and not go to details. This way, he or she is likely to understand faster.
What Causes Eyes too Far Apart
Other than genetics, there are various conditions, which can cause them. Some of the conditions, which are said to cause these eye type, include, Rieger syndrome,Turner syndrome, Trisomy X, and Dysosteosclerosi. This is just a by the way and not the main emphasis in this article. Let us now look at makeup for eyes too far apart.
Eye Makeup for Wide Set or Far Apart Eyes – Bring them Closer
The main objective for using makeup for wide set eyes is to bring them much closer. It is true that some people have eyes that are so far apart that it becomes a very noticeable feature. If you are one of them, you should try to create an illusion that your eyes are much closer using makeup.
To do this, you will apply eye makeup on inner eye corners in such a way you will intensify and create more emphasis while you try to hide or create less emphasis on outer eye corners to draw attention from them. Furthermore, brighter colors tend to make things bigger and brighter while dark colors make them much smaller and heavier. This is the rule you will use.
Eyebrow Shaping and Tweak for Wide Apart Eyes
Eyebrows help in framing your eyes and even face. How you shape them can affect the way you will look like and help diminish your far apart eye types. Since you want them to appear to be closer to each other, always remember to make an angled or round shape towards the outer eye edge. This will make them look shorter and help in inward framing of your face. Read more on the best eyebrow shapes for different face shapes as well as eyebrow shaping guide for clear eyebrow shaping details. If you are not a pro, you can use an eyebrow stencil to get this eyebrow shapes.
Secondly, while shaping your eyebrows for wide set eyes, ensure you do not extend the outer eyebrow too far beyond, as they will make them to look even further apart. It is advisable instead to extend them slightly inwards, but not beyond a perpendicular line from the middle of your nostril. You can use eyebrow pencil or eyebrow powder with lash like strokes while extending your eyebrows. This will make your far part eyes less visible.
Applying Eyeshadow for Far Apart Eyes
When applying eyeshadow for wide set eyes, the general process will be to apply a darker shade towards the inner corners of your eyes and a lighter shade on the outer corners but apply the darkest shade on outer eye corners. Going for an eyeshadow palette with two or three color shades will be a great idea. Here are the general steps to follow when apply eyeshadow far apart eye type:
- Apply eyeshadow base and under eye concealers (if you have dark under eye circles on your eyes to hide any imperfections) before you can apply your eyeshadow primer on your eyelids.
- Apply the lightest shade of eyeshadow or highlighter, commonly the neural eyeshadow, on your eyelids, from brow bone to the lash line and on your lower eyelids if you want dramatic looks.
- Apply medium eyeshadow color on your eyelids, beginning form outer eye corner crease towards your inner eye corner, increasing its intensity as you approach inner eye corner and eyelids. This will help make them appear closer.
- Take the darkest eyeshadow and begin applying it from your slightly from outside your outer eye corner, across your upper lash line to your eye creases. Also, apply it on your lower eyelids without extending it beyond the outer edge of your eye. This will draw attention from your inner eye corner which will make people notice you have far apart eyes.
Applying Eyeliner for Wide Set Eyes
One you are through with eyeshadow application, you can go to eyeliner application. This will involve applying eyeliner on your upper and lower lash line. To do so, apply eyeliner only towards the outer lash line using a thin soft stroke. One tip for using eyeliner is to use white eyeliner on your inner eye rims to help open them up and not to overwhelm them.
Applying Mascara for Wide Set or Far Apart Eye Types
To finish applying eye makeup, generously apply mascara on your eyelashes. It is preferable to use back mascara on your upper eyelids to create an illusion of longer and thicker eyelashes.
Wide set eyes are a great feature that you should not bother so much. However, if they are too far apart, you can use the above steps for applying makeup to make them look closer. I hope you now have a clear understating of what they are and makeup tips.
See more on Types of Eyes
- Close-Set Eyes – Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Eyebrow, Tips and Personalities
- Downturned Eyes & Upturned Eyes – Makeup Tips, How Lower or Lift Up turned and Down turned Eyes
- Prominent Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eyebrow Makeup and Surgery
- Almond Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Makeup for Almond Shaped Eyes and Celebrities
- Oriental Eyes – What They Are, Origin and Eye Makeup Tips for Oriental Eyes
- Asian Eyes – Tips, Makeup, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrows, Differences and How to Get the Asian Eye Looks
- Large Eyes – What Is, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Celebrities with, and Why Men Love Women with Larger Eyes
- Big Eyes – Eye Makeup Tips, Personality, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara Girls, Men Love, and Contact Lenses for Big Eyed People
- Round Eyes- What Are, Eye Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara for Large or Small Round Eyes
- Small Eyes – Celebrities, Makeup Tips, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrow, and How to Make Smaller Eyes Bigger
- Monolids Eyes – Types, Tips, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara and Monolid/Single Eyelid Surgery
- Deep Set Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eye Makeup Tip, Personalities and Celebrities with Deep-Set Eye Types
- Hooded Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner and Eye Makeup Tips and Celebrities with Hooded Eyelids
Suggested Reading on Eye Colors
- Purple Eyes – Causes, Purple Eye Color Disease and Makeup Tips
- Violet Eyes – Existence, Makeup Tips and Elizabeth Taylor’s Violet Eyes
- Amber Eye Color – Humans, Animal and Makeup Tips for Amber Eyes