Small Eyes – Celebrities, Makeup Tips, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrow, and How to Make Smaller Eyes Bigger
Your eyes are your windows to your soul. If you have small eyes, you do not have to feel intimidated. They are lovely and they can still appear bigger if you know how to accentuate them. Learn what they are, people and celebrities who have t
hem, as well as eye makeup for small eyes. Some of the basic questions that will be answered in this discussion include the following:
- What are small eye types and when are you considered having these eye types?
- What do smaller eyes say about someone’s personality?
- I have smaller eye type, how do you make them look bigger?
- What are some of the eye makeup for smaller eye types?
- How should you apply eyeliner, eyeshadow or mascara to make them look bigger?
- What are some of the small eye makeup tips to make them bigger?
What Are Small Eyes?
- What Are Small Eyes?
- What do Small Eyes Say about Your Personality?
- People and Celebrities with Small Eyes
- Eye Makeup for Small Eyes – How to Make Smaller Eyes Look Bigger
- Grooming Eyebrows for Small Eyed People
- Eyeshadow for Small Eyes
- Eyeliner for Small Eyes
- Mascara for Small Eyes
- Small Eyes Makeup Tips, Advises and Secrets
- See more on Types of Eyes
Small eyes refers to eyes that appear smaller compared to your facial features. While discussing them, we are not particularly going to focus on the abnormal eyes that are small caused by birth defect (or congenital malformation) of your eye orbit, a condition popularly known as microphthalmia.
What do Small Eyes Say about Your Personality?
In terms of personality, small-eyed people are considered very selective, organized and very thorough in whatever they do. Whenever they are dealing a problem, they will want it resolved immediately (there and then) before they can go to other things. Furthermore, whenever smaller eyed people are interested with something, they give it their whole soul and heart.
On their downside, people who have small eyes, tend to be clumsy in what they do and narrow-minded. If you have smaller eyes, it is good to ensure you open up your mind to possibilities and you be keen even to things that do not interest you, as they might be important.
People and Celebrities with Small Eyes
If you are a small-eyed person, you should know that you are not alone. There are many other people and celebrities you share eye types with who include Taylor Swift, Renee Zellweger, Miley Cyrus, Charice Pempengco, Carly Rae, Jepsen Jennifer Lawrence, Samantha Droke and Jordin Sparks.
Others are Jamie Chung, Paris Hilton, Sasha Barrese, Jennifer Hudson, Sophie Turner, Camilla Belle, Cameron Diaz, Megan Fox, Nicole Scherzinger, Kristen Bell, Audrina Patridge, Hilary Swank, Eva Mendes among many others. You can look at how your favorite celebrity does her eyes and copy her since she definitely how to make them bigger.
Eye Makeup for Small Eyes – How to Make Smaller Eyes Look Bigger
I have come across many people who say they have smaller eyes and they want to make them bigger. We are going to discuss the various ways to make small eyes to appear bigger as well as accentuate them to make you look crazily beautiful. Personally, I love small eyelids and small eyed people as I find them very cute!
Grooming Eyebrows for Small Eyed People
If you have bushy eyebrows, they are not helpful at all. You need to neatly trim your eyebrows and shape them according to your face shape. See more on eyebrow shaping and the best eyebrow shapes for different face shapes. You should also create an arch that is as natural as possible. This way, you are going to attract attention to your eyes and look very charming. In addition, low thick eyebrows will make your eyelids to appear smaller and hence your eyes.
Eyeshadow for Small Eyes
Proper use of eyeshadow can help them to appear look bigger. There are various eyeshadow colors and you need to know how to choose the correct eyeshadow that will best accentuate your eye color and other facial features such as skin tone and hair color. Once you have decided on which eyeshadow colors will best accentuate them, you need to follow the below steps for applying eyeshadow for small eyes:
- Prepare your eyelids by washing your face and applying an oil free moisturizer. You should then apply a good under eye concealer if you have eye wrinkles, fine lines or dark under eye circles to help hide them.
- Apply neutral or lightest shade of eyeshadow you are using on your eyelids, from lash line to brow bone. If you are not using neutral eyeshadow, go for light eyeshadow that is reflective such as white, peach, ivory, pale pink and yellowish beige.
- Using a mid-tone eyeshadow, (few shades darker than your skin tone and it should be shadowy) create almost a ‘V’ or ‘<’ shape like shape towards your outer eye corners. You can exaggerate and go slightly above your eye creases. To do this, you will begin by applying eyeshadow slightly beyond your outer eye corner and without touching your eye crease draw an arc (using a soft bristle large eyeshadow brush) that extends above your eye crease but does not go beyond your eye center. Blend the arc outwards both for your upper and lower eyelids. This stretches them outwards to your temple and creates and illusion of bigger ones.
- Apply highlighter on your brow bone and inner eye corners. If you wish, you can dab a small amount of the highlighter on the middle part of your lower eyelids. Highlighter will help in opening your eyes and making the brighter.
Eyeliner for Small Eyes
How you will apply eyeliner for small eyes will be important in deciding if they will appear bigger or not. When applying eyeliner for small eyes, ensure it goes from thin to thicker as you apply it from form your inner to outer eye corner on your upper lash line and it extends a little bit beyond your outer eye corner. However if you have far set eyes that are small, you can use consistent thickness. Some people apply eyeliner only on their outer three quarter of their upper lash line.
If your lower eyelids are very small, you can forego eyeliner. However, if you have to use it, smudge black eyeliner or dark brown eyeliner on your lower lash line to make your eyelashes to look thicker and avoid taking too much eyelid space.
Most makeup gurus advise people to avoid liquid eyeliner because it can look very bold and quite overwhelming. People should instead use good brands of pencil eyeliner. Alternatively, you can apply your mid-tone eyeshadow as eyeliner on your lower lash line using the slanted eyeliner brush.
Finally, to make your eyes to appear bigger and brighter, ensure you swipe white eyeliner on your inner eye rims or waterlines. However, use just a single swipe to avoid getting the frost looks on your lower eyelids.
Mascara for Small Eyes
If you have eyes that are small, you need first to curl your eyelashes before applying several mascara coats. Use voluminous or lengthening mascarasuch as L’Oreal’s Voluminous Million Lash mascara for best results.
Furthermore, these people should apply mascara on both the upper and lower eyelashes. For the upper lashes, put much focus on the center eyelashes. When you come to the lower or bottom lashes. Ensure you focus on the center and outer eyelashes. Avoid too much mascara for the lower lash. See more on how to apply bottom lash mascara, tips and secrets. This will help in opening your eyes and making them look bigger.
Small Eyes Makeup Tips, Advises and Secrets
We have looked at quite a number of things including eye makeup such as eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow grooming. In addition to that, we have more tips, secrets and advises that will ensure you get exotic and stunning looks.
- Cat Eye Eyeliner – One way, which you make them to look wider and longer, is going for cat eye eyeliner. Go for dark brown eyeliner, especially liquid because black eyeliner might be too harsh. See more on how to do cat eye eyeliner including tips, secrets and much more.
- Pop Up Eyes – If you want your small eyes to pop up, you need to choose an eyeshadow color that contrasts the type of eye color you have. For example, brown eyeshadow will flatter blue eyed people and make them pop out while purple eyeshadow will work best for brown eyed people. Furthermore, avoid going for very dark eyeshadows as they might make them to recede and even appear smaller.
- Eyebrow Filling – If you have sparsely spaced or thin eyebrows, you can use eyebrow pencil or eyebrow tint to fill them. A neat eyebrow can help in making them to appear bigger.
- Lighter Eyeshadow Shade – Contrary to the ways you use eyeshadow for other types of eyes, if you are small eyed, you must go for lighter eyeshadow and never use very dark eyeshadow. Lighter eyeshadow helps reflect light making your eyes bigger and standout.
We have looked at what it is to be small eyed, people and celebrities, eye makeup to wear if you have eyes that are small including eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow grooming. The above makeup tips and secrets should ensure you look exceptional.
See more on Types of Eyes
- Close-Set Eyes – Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Eyebrow, Tips and Personalities
- Downturned Eyes & Upturned Eyes – Makeup Tips, How Lower or Lift Up turned and Down turned Eyes
- Wide Set Eyes or Far Apart Eyes – Makeup for, Tips, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Mascara and Personality
- Prominent Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eyebrow Makeup and Surgery
- Almond Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Makeup for Almond Shaped Eyes and Celebrities
- Oriental Eyes – What They Are, Origin and Eye Makeup Tips for Oriental Eyes
- Asian Eyes – Tips, Makeup, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrows, Differences and How to Get the Asian Eye Looks
- Large Eyes – What Is, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Celebrities with, and Why Men Love Women with Larger Eyes
- Big Eyes – Eye Makeup Tips, Personality, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara Girls, Men Love, and Contact Lenses for Big Eyed People
- Round Eyes- What Are, Eye Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara for Large or Small Round Eyes
- Monolids Eyes – Types, Tips, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara and Monolid/Single Eyelid Surgery
- Deep Set Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eye Makeup Tip, Personalities and Celebrities with Deep-Set Eye Types
- Hooded Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner and Eye Makeup Tips and Celebrities with Hooded Eyelids