This post gives detailed information on systematic methods of skin whitening. These include home remedies, pigment, injections, surgery, and laser treatments. In addition, get some natural skin whitening tips.
Skin Whitening Home Remedies, Natural or Homemade
There are people who are not pleased by how their skin looks. This could be as a result of blemishes or uneven skin tones. Others may want to have a skin that is a shade lighter. While there are so many skin whitening products, these may not be suitable for everyone. Some may contain ingredients that may irritate the skin while others are too costly. This group of people does not have to feel left out. There are whitening home remedies, which they can use. These include:
Yogurt: This has nutrients that are good for the skin. As a by-product of milk, it contains lactic acid, which has skin whitening properties. This natural whitening remedy is suitable for all skin types. Rub some yogurt on the skin and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse it off using lukewarm water. This has to be done daily over time for a significant change to be seen. For more effective result, mix the yogurt with some honey and apply this on the area of treatment.
Oranges: These contain vitamin C which is a great skin lightening component. They also contain citric acid which has bleaching properties. To make use of oranges for natural whitening purposes, extract fresh orange juice and use it to make a paste with turmeric. Apply this before going to bed and wash it off in the morning. Another way would be to grind orange peels and mix the resulting powder with yogurt to make a paste. This will gradually lighten the skin.
Honey: Honey is a great moisturizing agent and can therefore help in evening out the skin tone. It also has anti-bacterial properties which helps it to fade away blemishes on the skin. Apply pure raw honey on the area of treatment.
Do this every day to get rid of the outer skin layer and reveal a brighter inner layer. You could also make a face mask by mixing equal portions of powdered milk, honey, lemon juice and almond oil. Apply this and leave it for 15minutes. Use cold water to wash it off.
Lemon juice: lemon juice is acidic in nature. This gives it natural skin whitening abilities. Lemons are also anti-oxidants. These properties make it a great at home remedy. Extract lemon juice and use a cotton ball to apply it on the skin. Rubbing a sliced lemon on the skin could also do. This should then be left on for an hour before washing it off. This, when done every day, will yield a lighter skin with time.
Aloe vera gel: This is among the most effective skin whitening home remedies. It can help get rid of hyper-pigmentation and thus even out the skin tone. It also facilitates regeneration of new skin cells giving rise to a brighter and lighter skin. Squeeze out aloe gel from its leaves. Apply this on the skin and leave it on for 30minutes before washing off. Do this twice every day.
Natural Skin Whitening Tips
Whitening the skin while at home may take some time. It requires patience for one to achieve the desired results. Below are some natural whitening tips and precautions to bear in mind:
- Ensure you use the natural remedies on a clean face. This will increase efficiency
- Be consistent with the use of the regimen. Stick to what you are using and do it as recommended to get results
- When using this method, ensure your skin has no open sores. Some of the remedies especially the acidic ones could cause pain.
- People with sensitive skin should try the non-acidic remedies.
Skin Whitening Pigment
There are various options that one can use for skin whitening pigment. To begin with, one could try topical application products. These include whitening creams, lotions and serums. These are convenient and easy to use. All that is required from a person is to be consistent in application. The products contain different active ingredients.
There are also whitening soaps that one could make use of. These are also simple to use. There are many brands of kojic soaps, arbutin, glutathione soaps. In case one is not ready to make use of such products, they could settle for natural homemade skin whitening pigment products.
Other than the above mentioned products for external use, there are others meant to work from inside out. Whitening pills for skin are meant to be ingested. The dosage will vary depending on manufacturer. There also are injections meant for the same purpose. These are seen to work better than the pills as they go directly into the blood stream. They however are more expensive than the pills.
Skin Whitening Injections
Skin whitening injections are mostly made up of glutathione medication and vitamin C. Glutathione is a natural enzyme that is necessary in breaking down of toxins while vitamin C is an antioxidant. The use of the injections yields a lighter skin that is free of blemishes and other skin related pigmentation problems.
The process of injection is a simple one with the procedure being carried out in the doctor’s office. One may experience a little pain and bleeding just like in any other injections. For the treatment to be effective, one may be required to take around 15 injections. Although this method may be a bit costly, it is quite effective.
Laser Skin Whitening
Laser skin whitening is a clinically proven method that can be used to enhance how your skin looks. This method can be used to get rid of acne scars and other blemishes. The method tends to show the fastest results.
During treatment, beams of light are directed to the source of melanin. The light is then transformed to heat energy. This destroys the source of melanin thus making the skin lighter. Before undergoing treatment, it is important to undergo a spot test to know if this is the best option for you.
Skin Whitening Mask
It is possible to make skin-whitening masks at home. Most of these make use of readily available ingredients. There are recipes on how to make whitening masks online. One ought to be consistent with the treatment to achieve desired results.
Skin Whitening Surgery
For people who are willing and are financially capable, surgery could be an option. This process is best done by a plastic surgeon. Although the method is expensive, it is quite effective. A consultation with the surgeon will tell if you are a good candidate for this.
Further Recommended Readings on Skin Whitening
- How to Whiten Your Skin Naturally, Fast and Overnight for those with Darker or Uneven Skin
- Best Whitening of Skin Before and After Looks As well As, Asian, Permanent, Japanese and Korean
- Forever and Glutathione for Making Darker Skins Whiter Review
- Best Lotions, Products to Make Your Skin Lighter Including Best Korean and Asian Products
- Best skin Whitening Soap Include Papaya, Glutathione, What Can People with Black Skin or Dark Spots Use
- Best Skin Whitening Pills, Reviews, That Work and for Black People
- Best Creams to Whiten Skin on Your For Face, Armpits, Body
- Does Dermaline, St Dalfour, Ponds and Ashe Whitening Creams Help Dark or Pigmented Skin
See What We Have on Skin Lightening
- Best Skin Lightening Cream – For Dark Skin, Hyperpigmentation and Melasma
- Skin Lightening Cream – Reviews, For Black Women, Porcelana and Derma E
- Skin Lightening Pills – Best, Permanent and for Black People
- Natural Skin Lightening – Products, Lighters and Cream
- Skin Lightening Soap – Best, Kojie San, Natural and for Dark People
- How to Naturally Lighten Skin – Lemon, Milk and Dark Skin
- How to Lighten Your Skin – Fast, Overnight and Black Skin
- Beyonce Skin Lightening, Before and After, Rihanna, African American
- Best Skin Lightening Products, Lotions and Serums
- Skin Lightening – Treatment, Procedure, Surgery, Injections and Vitamins C
- Skin Lightening – Before and After, Forum, Permanent
- Sammy Sosa Bleached His Skin VYBZ Kartel Skin Bleaching – Before and After
See What We Have on Skin Bleaching
- Did Beyonce Bleach Her Skin? Beyonce Bleached Skin Before and After
- Celebrity Skin Bleaching – Rihanna, Jamaica and Kim
- Face Bleach, Body Bleach and Skin Bleaching Surgery
- Best Skin Bleaching Creams – African Americans, Face, Vantex, Othine and Piona
- Skin Bleaching Cream – For African American, Best for Black Skin
- Skin Bleach – Best, Before and After and Skin Bleach Cream
- Natural Skin Bleaching or Homemade, Recipes and Cream for Bleaching Your Skin
- Best Skin Bleaching Products that Are Safe Including Lotion, Soap and Pills
- Which Are the Best kin Bleaching Soap and Skin Bleaching Pills that Works
- Best Skin Bleaching Methods, Before and After Bleaching Looks