The face is commonly exposed to numerous environmental factors that cause it to dry up or even start peeling off. Nobody fancy the idea of having to contend with a dry peeling skin. It can make you uncomfortable and deal a blow on your self-esteem. If you are wondering how to stop dry peeling skin on your face, then continue reading. You will not only learn why the skin on your face is peeling, but also discover how to get rid of peeling skin on face.
Why Is My Skin Peeling on My Face – Skin Peeling On Face Cause
- Why Is My Skin Peeling on My Face – Skin Peeling On Face Cause
- Dry Peeling Skin on Face – How to Prevent It
- Red Peeling Skin on Face
- Baby Skin Peeling on Face
- How to Stop Face from Peeling or Facial Skin Peeling – The Milk Trick
- How to Get Rid of Peeling Skin on Face – How to Stop Skin from Peeling on Face
- How to Remove Peeling Skin from Face after a Sunburn
There are several underlying causes for skin peeling on the face. Some of them are sunburn, dry skin, use of harsh soaps, allergies to foods or cosmetics, vitamin B3 and niacin deficiency and excessive intake of vitamin A, infections e.g. staphylococcus aureus bacterial infection, and skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and ringworms among others.
Sunburn is the most common culprit for skin peeling on the face and is typically caused by overexposure to harmful UV rays.
Dry Peeling Skin on Face – How to Prevent It
A dry peeling skin is unsightly and annoying and can steal from your self esteem. You can however prevent or minimize the chances of getting dry peeling skin by observing the following tips:
Protect your face from sunlight: the face is one part of the body that is very exposed to the sun and very prone to getting sunburn. You can however prevent this by slathering on a sunscreen when going out in the sun. Using wide-brimmed hats and umbrellas are also great ways to protect your face from excessive exposure to harmful UV rays from the sun, the most common underlying cause for peeling skin.
Moisturize your face regularly: Adopt a skin moisturizing routine with a good facial moisturizer. The best time to moisturize your face (and the entire skin for that matter) is immediately after shower when the skin is still damp.
Other tips to prevent dry peeling skin on the face are:
- Use gentle soaps and warm water (not hot water) to wash your face
- Drink plenty of water; at least 8 glasses per day is recommended
- Use facial masks to hydrate and nourish your face every now and then
- Observe proper nutrition
Red Peeling Skin on Face
The causes of red peeling skin on the face are many. Some of them are what we have already discussed.
Baby Skin Peeling on Face
It is common for the skin of newborn babies to peel off during the first 1-3 weeks. This happens due to loss of the vernix, the protective substance that covers the baby skin while in the womb. For babies above this age limit, peeling skin is often an indication of exposure to one or more of the above factors. [See the section below for tips to get rid of peeling skin on face]
How to Stop Face from Peeling or Facial Skin Peeling – The Milk Trick
Did you know that milk can help you stop the face from peeling? Well, skin peeling is often the result of skin dryness due to exposure to moisture stealing factors such as dry air (during winter and in hot weather). While moisturizing lotions, creams and ointments are often used to restore moisture to the facial skin, milk also makes a great option.
Simply place a small cloth soaked in milk on your face for 10 minutes or s and then wash of the milk before patting your face dry with a towel. Massaging a small amount of hyaluronic acid serum after applying the milk on your face can help your facial skin to absorb moisture.
How to Get Rid of Peeling Skin on Face – How to Stop Skin from Peeling on Face
Peeling skin on face is annoying especially when it makes it impossible to apply makeup and have it on for more than a couple hours. Unfortunately, the skin on your face is particularly sensitive, yet most exposed to environmental factors which make it very susceptible to drying and peeling off.
So how do you get rid of peeling skin on face should it occur? Here is a brief guideline:
Eliminate any harsh soaps and skin care products: soaps are common culprit for facial skin drying and peeling. Harsh soaps often strip out the moisture and natural oils in your facial skin and your first course of action should be to switch to mild no-soap cleansers and non-sudsy cleansers for facial cleansing.
Soaps and cleansers with ceramides, a useful fatty acid that enhances moisture retention, also make a great choice for peeling skin on face. It is also advisable to avoid soaps and facial cleansers with fragrances and alcohol as these often dry and irritate the facial skin.
Observe a gentle face washing routine: Avoiding hot water and instead using warm water t wash your face is a great way to get rid of peeling skin on face. After washing your face, pat it dry with a towel rather than rubbing the towel across your face.
Protect your face when necessary: overexposure to UV rays is the most common culprit of dry peeling skin on face. Thus, if you are experiencing a case of peeling skin on the face, you should consider slathering on a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 when heading out in the sun.
Extra ways to get rod of peeling skin on the face
- Run a humidifier in your house
- Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly e.g. Vaseline on the affected area of the face
- Wash your skin with milk to restore moisture naturally
- Eliminate any potential allergen from your diet and daily routine e.g. some garments and beddings may cause skin peeling when they come into contact with your face
- Apply 1% topical hydrocortisone cream
- Apply some aloe Vera gel on your face. This is particularly helpful for sunburn
How to Remove Peeling Skin from Face after a Sunburn
Getting sunburn is never any fun. Having your facial skin peeling off as a result of sunburn is an annoying experience that can steal from your self confidence. Here is how to remove peeling skin from face after sunburn.
Slather on an Aloe Vera gel all over your face 2 to 3 times a day. Aloe Vera not only promotes healing of the peeling skin on the face but also moisturizes it while relieving the pain and itchiness.
Apply some facial moisturizer on the peeling skin face after washing the face. This helps to keep in the moisture needed for optimum skin health.
Apply a honey mask on your face for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Next pat the facial skin dry.
Suggested Further Reading
- Skin Peeling – Causes, Disease, on Mouth, Nose, Eyelid, Hands and Feet
- Skin Peeling on Fingers, Hands and Between Fingers
- Newborn Skin Peeling – Why, Infant or Baby Skin Peeling
- Skin Peeling on Fingertips – Why, Dry, Cracked and Causes
- Skin Peeling between Toes and Peeling on Toes
- How to Stop Skin from Peeling, Prevent and Keep Skin from Peeling
- Sunburn Skin Peeling – Skin Peeling After Sunburn and How to Stop
- Peeling Skin on Hands – Why, Dry Peeling Hands, Fingers, Palm
- Peeling Feet – Causes, Dry Peeling Feet, Itchy, Cracked and Treatment
- Peeling Skin on Feet, Causes and Dry Scaly Feet
- Bottom of Feet Peeling Causes, in Children and Toes