Are Shaved Eyebrows Trendy – Tips for Shaving Brows
Would you like to get insight on shaved eyebrows? Learn how to shave eyebrows off, whether they will grow back or not, how to fix shaved eyebrows, ideas, meaning, shaved lines in eyebrow hairs, what do in case you accidentally shaved your eyebrows and much more. Some of the basic questions or areas that will answer in this discussion include the following:
- What is shaved eyebrow meaning?
- Should I shave my eyebrows or can you shave your eyebrows
- I accidentally shaved eyebrows, what do I do?
- How do you shave eyebrows at home, for women or men?
- Will shaved eyebrows grow back, after how long?
- What are shaved lines in eyebrows and what do they signify?
Shaved Eyebrows Meaning
- Shaved Eyebrows Meaning
- Can I shave Off My Eyebrows?
- How to Shave Eyebrows – How to Shave Your Brows at Home Tips and Ideas
- Shaved Lines in Eyebrows – What they Signify
- Do Shaved Eyebrows Grow Back
- Accidentally Shaved Eyebrows, What Do I Do? How to Fix Shaved Brows
- What to Opt for Instead of Shaving Eyebrows or Going for Shaved Eyebrows
- Celebrities with Shaved Eyebrows – No Eyebrows
I meet so many women who have shaved eyebrows. To such women, it is the only way they can shape brows, since they are not much familiar with other methods such as threading, waxing or tweezing. Shaved eyebrows means brow hairs that have been partly or completely removed using a shaving razor.
Your eyes are soul’s windows and brows their shutter, they play a number of roles and shaving them off completely might not give you the best of looks. Furthermore, shaving eyebrows draws attention to your brow bone
Can I shave Off My Eyebrows?
Most women often contemplate shaving off their eyebrows and then drawing on them. This sounds like a good idea. However, before you do that, here are a few facts you should know about shaving your eye brows off:
- Your brows have one of the thinnest skin and you are likely to scrap or cut it off if you do not know how to shave brows well. If this happens, you cannot then hide the cuts with clothing as you could do for your bikini line or legs.
- Brow shaping and waxing is already a tricky process; you will further complicate it if you tried to use a shaving cream and shaving razor and you are likely to ruin your perfect brow shape.
- Since eyebrow hairs are very coarse, you are likely to create blunt edges when you use a shaving razor compared to tweezing, threading or waxing where your entire eyebrow hair follicle is removed (and it grows back with tapered and feathery edges). These blunt edges due to shaving will make your brow hairs to look much thicker
- Since shaving removes brow hairs only from your skin level, expect to grow new ones within a very short time and within one or two days, you will begin seeing subtle brows or shadow.
Can I shave Eyebrows and Draw on Them?
If you want to shave your brow hairs and create your own new drawing using the various eyebrow makeup, such as eyebrow powders or pencils, do not forget that your eyebrows will look best in their natural brow shapes and with your brows on. You can shape them nicely but not completely shave them off.
If you do not like their shape, you can shape them to the shape you want or even use a good eyebrow stencil with the shape you want. In case of any gaps, or you have sparse eye brows you can fill them using eyebrow pencil. Learn to work with what you have.
How to Shave Eyebrows – How to Shave Your Brows at Home Tips and Ideas
Although not advised, you might still need to shave your brows. There could be various reasons why you want to have them shaved. When it comes to shaving brow hairs, this is not much of a gender issue but knowing the right technique. How to shave eyebrow for women or men will be similar with the only difference being how you shave them (style).
From this discussion, we are going to make it clear to you on how to shave your eyebrows at home. If you are not certain, go to a professional salon. So how do you shave your eyebrows?
- Trim any bushy or big eye brows you might be having
- Soak surrounding skin and brows with warm water to make shaving easy
- Apply your shaving cream and let it set for a few minutes
- Use a sharp razor and carefully shave them off while your eyes are closed.
- Rinse off with cool water to remove any shaving residue and seal off pores to avoid skin irritation.
While following these steps, avoid using soap instead of shaving foam or gel.
Shaved Lines in Eyebrows – What they Signify
Instead of shaving off their brow hairs, there are some people who often choose to shave lines in eyebrows. If you want to have them, electric hair clippers will be ideal. You will first draw vertical lines through your brows and then press your electric hair clipper on the lines to have shaved lines in your brows.
Some people claim that shaved lines in brows does symbolize the gang to which someone is affiliated to and this is the reason why most schools do not allow students to shave lines in their brows.
Do Shaved Eyebrows Grow Back
If you have shaved your eyebrows and you are wondering if they will grow back, the answer is simple. They will grow back within a few days since shaving does not remove your brow hairs from their follicle. If they are not growing, see more details on how to grow eyebrows back and how to get thick eyebrows.
In terms of time, shaved brow hairs take about two weeks fully to grow back. It is therefore very important to be sure you want to shave them off since for those two weeks, you must find a way of hiding them.
I have read stories of people who claim that after they shaved their eyebrow hairs, they never grew back. I might not be able to point out immediately why they did not grow back since shaving is unlikely to damage brow root hairs. Maybe understanding causes of eyebrow loss could give you answers if you are one of such people.
Accidentally Shaved Eyebrows, What Do I Do? How to Fix Shaved Brows
Since shaved brows grow back within a short time, if you accidentally shave them, do not worry. Give them time to grow back. Meanwhile, what do you do to ensure you still look good and you do not scare people around you?
- Use eyebrow pencil to create hair like strokes to help better your looks. Brow pencils are good in drawing hair like strokes and they should be a shade lighter than your original brow color.
- If you opt for brow powder, go for one or two shades lighter than your brows natural color. An angular eyeliner brush will be ideal for people who will opt for powders.
- You could also consider drawn or fake eyebrows too.
- If you have long hairs, you can cut bangs to cover your brows so that no one will notice you accidentally shaved eyebrows off.
- Style them like the Mona Lisa No eyebrows (New Yolk inspired).
These are some of the ways to fix shaved eyebrows you should try. If you are bold enough, you can remain without eyebrows.
What to Opt for Instead of Shaving Eyebrows or Going for Shaved Eyebrows
We have said that shaved eyebrows grow back quickly, damage skin, are messy and lead to coarser brow hairs. What then should you opt for? The answer is simple, go for eyebrow plucking that will include tweezing, waxing and threading as they remove your hairs with its roots. We have covered on each in details and they are much safer.
Celebrities with Shaved Eyebrows – No Eyebrows
For once or the other reason, there are some celebrities who at a certain point shaved off their brows. To get a glimpse of how you might look like, by searching for the photos of the following celebrities with shaved eyebrows:
- Malin Akerman while playing the role of a woman who has alopecia in the happythankyoumoreplease film
- Zachary Quinto partially shaved his brows in 2007 to depict Vulcan scientist Spock and again in Star Trek into Darkness.
- Keanu Reeves shaved off his brows and hair in the popular 1999’s The Matrix, a science fiction epic.
- Jared Leto shaved his brows in the movie, The Dallas Buyer’s Club to depict a transsexual woman.
- Nicole Richie also once shaved brow hairs when she was 13 years old.
If you would like to see something more sensational, try reading celebrities with no eyebrows where various celebrities have been shown without brow hairs.
More on Eyebrows
- Which Is the Best Eyebrow Kit To Buy – Anastasia, Milani, EFL or Which One?
- How Do You Get the Thick and Bushy Demi Lovato’s Eyebrows?
- How to Fix Bad Eyebrows with Pictures
- Fake Eyebrows for Men, Women and Cancer Patients
- Does Whoopi Goldberg Have Eyebrows or Not?
- Best Eyebrow Trimmer and Shaver Brands for Men, Women and Electric
- Best Eyebrow Gels Brands Including Clear and Tinted
- Eyebrow Brush – Best Brands Including Combs and Spoolie
- Eyebrow Implants Before and After Looks and their Costs
- Men’s Eyebrows – Should You Trim, Pluck, Wax or Shape Them?
- Megan Fox eyebrows – How to Get, Tutorial, before and After Pictures
- Best Eyebrow Filler You Should Give a Try
Further Suggested Reading
- How Do You Fix Overplucked Brows or Grow the Back?
- Sparse Eyebrow Ideas – Causes, Filling, Growing and Shaping
- Eyebrow Hair Restoration Procedure, Cost and Looks
- Best Eyebrow Liner Brands, How to Apply Them and Semi Permanent Ones
- Are Drawn on Eyebrows Trendy or Very Horrible?
- Chola Eyebrow Looks and How to Do Them
- What Are Sharpie Eyebrows – Chola, Mexican and Pictures
- Get Sexy Eyebrows like Keira Knightley with Eyebrow Transplant Surgery
- Best Eyebrow Razor Brands and How to Use Them
- Eyebrow Shaper Best Brands and How to Use Them
- Best Eyebrow Growth Serums and Before and After Photos
- Causes and Remedies of Embarrassing Eyebrow Dandruff