Acne scar home treatment is best done using natural acne scar treatment. Learn the advantages of homemade acne scar treatment, best natural treatment and natural treatment recipes.
Natural Acne Scar Treatment – Acne Scar Home Treatment
This treatment saves the user the pain that would be experienced if they were to undertake professional acne scar treatment procedures. Acne scar home treatment options are also pocket friendly and help one to save on the cost of treatment. Some of the natural products one can use at home include:
Lemon: Due to its bleaching properties, lemon is an effective scar treatment, including those caused by acne. It helps to lighten the scars which makes them attain an even skin color tone. This makes them less visible.
- Squeeze juice out of a fresh lemon.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this on area with acne scars
- In case your skin is sensitive, dilute the juice with equal amounts of water. Before applying.
Another way in which one can make use of lemon juice in removal of acne scars is by making a face mask.
- Add two portions of milk, one portion of lemon juice, almond oil and honey each in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until the paste becomes consistent.
- Apply this on the scars once every day.
Honey: It is known to contain healing properties and can help in reducing the visibility of scars.
- Mix ¼ of a cup of oatmeal with honey.
- Apply this on the scars and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
- Plain honey could as well work. Apply it on the scars and leave it on overnight. Rinse off in the morning.
Aspirin: This is not a natural remedy but is a great option for acne scar home treatment. It contains salicylic acid and is exfoliating in nature. These qualities play a role in enhancing its effectiveness in reducing the visibility of scars.
- Dissolve two or three aspirin tablets in water or as many as may be appropriate for the area of treatment.
- Ensure the water is not too much as the paste needs to be gritty textured to be effective in exfoliating.
- You can add some honey for maximum benefits.
Aloe vera: This herb is a great natural acne scar treatment that will help in skin regeneration. This boosts the scarred skin’s healing process.
- Get an aloe leaf and extract its gel. Where this is not possible, purchase some gel from the drugstore.
- Apply this on area of treatment and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash the gel off the area of treatment.
Olive oil: This oil is skin friendly and contains antioxidants, vitamins and iron. Its anti-inflammatory qualities help it to be effective making acne scars less visible.
- Massage your area of treatment using olive oil before going to bed.
- Do this until it all gets absorbed in the skin.
- Dip a clean wash clothe in warm water and place it on the area you applied the olive oil. The steam will enhance penetration while at the same time wiping off the excess oil.
Baking soda: This has exfoliating effects on the skin which get rid of the top layer of scarred tissue.
- Use clean water to make a consistent paste with baking soda.
- Massage this on the scarred area for a few minutes and leave it to dry.
- Rinse off the paste with warm water.
- Apply some moisturiser after that.
Raw Potato: Potatoes can also be great in reduction of scars.
- Cut a whole potato into round pieces
- Rub the slices on the scars in circular motions until the potato feels dry.
- Do this for about 20 minutes taking a new piece when one goes dry.
- Let the juice dry on the area of treatment before washing it off.
- Apply a skin moisturizer after this.
Tomatoes: These too are great for acne scars.
- Cut a ripe tomato and slice it into pieces to make a pulp out of the pieces.
- Apply the resulting tomato pulp on the acne scars and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the area after this.
A tomato mask could also work in helping to get rid of acne scars.
- Make tomato pulp from two tomatoes
- Grate some cucumbers and avocado and extract their juice
- Mix these in a bowl until a consistent paste forms.
- Apply and leave this on area of treatment for 15 minutes before washing off the area.
Natural acne scar treatments are great. However, it requires one to know what works for their skin and what does not. It is important to learn what will work and what will not. Patience is necessary and one should watch out for what seems to work.
Advantages of Homemade Acne Scar Treatment
Home made acne scar treatment brings along a number of advantages. Products used are readily available as they are those used regularly at home. This makes the form of treatment cheap as well. Home made remedies are also non-invasive. They are appropriate for people with sensitive skin as well since they do not contain harmful chemicals. All that is required for them to work is for one to be patient enough and use them consistently.
Acne Scars Home Treatment That Works
There is no one treatment that can work on every individual. Anyone should experiment and find out what works for their skin type as well as acne scars. A home treatment that works should also be used consistently for it to yield desired results.
Best Natural Acne Scar Treatment
There are many treatments for scars caused by acne that are natural in nature. What the best natural acne scar treatment is will depend on what type of scars one has and how old they are. Natural treatments with fading properties are best used on hyper-pigmented scars. For them to be most effective, it is important to commence treatment for the scars when they are still new. This will increase their efficacy and take a short time before effects can be seen.
Natural Acne Scar Treatment Recipes
For people who are not aware how natural acne scar remedies should be used, using natural acne scar treatment recipes such as those given above could help. These give a step by step guide on what one should do to reap the benefits of the remedy on discussion.