When acne healing process ends, it is time for another type of healing to start; that of the acne scar. This post provides information on how to heal acne scars, how to heal acne scar fast and the best way to heal acne scar.
What Heals Acne Scars
There are many options that can help to heal acne scars. Some of these require topical application while others are invasive and can only be carried out by a doctor. The choice of method ought to bear in mind the depth and age of the scar.
How to Heal Acne Scars – Healing Acne Scars
Scars tend to be permanent if no interventions are made to heal. This may affect greatly how one feels about their looks. Fortunately, there are ways of healing acne scars. These are varied and the best is picked by determining first what type of scar one has. Among the options that are there on how to heal acne scars include:
Essential oils: these have the ability to regenerate new skin. Lavender helps to stimulate the epidermis making it repair itself. Almond oil heals acne scars by smoothing raised lumps as well as evening out the skin tone. Olive oil which is one of the most common oils softens the dead acne scar tissue. This makes it easy to exfoliate it. Tea tree which is also great as it has healing properties. These oils can be used alone or combined depending on what results we want.
Vinegar applied topically on the skin helps to get rid of itchiness and dryness. It also helps in evening out discoloration. These help in aiding the healing of acne scars. Plain apple cider vinegar is best used diluted with an equal about of water. To increase effectiveness, you can also make an apple cider vinegar bath by adding it to warm water in a tub. Treat your body to this soak as frequently as possible. You can add some baking soda to neutralize its acidity if it bothers you.
Baking soda is also effective in healing acne scars. Its healing power lies in its ability to remove scars through natural exfoliation. When used correctly and consistently, it sloughs the top dead skin layer without damaging normal skin tissue. Make a smooth paste by adding some water to baking soda. When the paste becomes consistent, paste it on the area of treatment. Leave it on for a few minutes and wash it off when it dries. Make this your exfoliating routine and the scars will be gone within not time. This should be followed up with moisturizing.
Other than the above home remedies, there are other medical procedures that can facilitate the process of healing acne scars. Punch excision can be used to get rid of boxcar and icepicks. It involves the cutting out of the scarred area and suturing the wound. Where the damage was great, the removed area may be replaced with healthy skin which is removed from a donor site. This method is referred to as a derma graft. The processes leave a scar too but this tends to be less noticeable and fades away with time.
How to Heal Acne Scars Fast and Naturally
It is possible to get rid of acne scars using all natural methods. For these methods to work fast, one requires to be consistent and use them consistently until desired results are achieved. Sample ways on how to heal acne scars fast below.
- In case your scar has some pigmentation, use lemon juice on it to lighten it up. Use a cotton ball that has been dipped into lemon juice to smoothly apply the liquid on the scar. Let it rest for 15minutes before washing your face. This will make your skin sensitive. Ensure you wear sunblock when venturing out.
- Make a sandalwood and rose water paste. Apply this directly to the scarred area and leave the past on for as long as you can. This will have a cooling effect on your scarred skin and is most suitable for people with a sensitive kind of skin.
- Baking soda can help on how to heal acne scars by exfoliating the scarred tissue. Make a paste by adding one part of water to two parts of it. Mix until a smooth paste forms. Rub this gently on the area of treatment for two minutes before washing it off. Ensure you keep your ski well moisturized after that.
- To reduce the size of an acne scar, massage olive oil onto it. This makes the scar tissue well hydrated and soft making it easy to exfoliate it.
- Cucumber is another great product for home treatment. You can slice some peeled piece and secure it around the scar. You could also blend it and apply the paste on your face. Applyingits juice could also help. This helps to soothe inflammation and refresh the skin by facilitating healing of the scars.
- To heal swelling and redness of acne scar, freeze some green tea and place the cubes on the scar.
- Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A which helps in healing acne scars. Make a tomato paste and apply it on the scars. This will renew damaged skin.
Heal Acne Scars Overnight
Using overnight healing agents provides better results as the healing properties work on our bodies as we rest. Honey acts as an anti-inflammatory as well as an anti-bacterial agent. These properties are important in getting rid of acne scars. The anti-inflammatory aspect helps to get rid of hyperpigmentation on the scar. Apply a thick layer of raw honey on the scar. Secure it with a band aid and remove it in the morning. Rinse the area with warm water.
How to Heal Acne Scars on Face
There are many ways of healing acne scars on the face. One’s choice should be determined by a number of factors. For fresh and mild scars, home remedies will work well. Older and severe acne scars may require one to see a doctor. The type of scar that one has is another thing to consider. The methods that are appropriate for atrophic scars may not be suitable for raised ones. The financial capability, time one is ready to invest in removal and type of skin should also play a role.
Foods That Heal Acne Scars and Heal Acne Scars at Home
It is possible to heal acne scars at home by adopting a healthy lifestyle. There are foods that once consumed will help to heal acne scars. Cucumbers and Cantaloupe, lettuce, watermelon, and cabbages are foods that contain a high water absorption rate. They also contain vitamins which lay a great role in the fight against acne scars. Also try incorporating garlic cloves in your diet. Use it in its natural form as opposed to processed garlic powder or garlic salt.
Other than foods for consumption, there are foods that can be applied on the acne scars to heal them. These include lemons, potatoes, tomatoes, honey, yoghurt, egg whites and cucumber.
Best Way to Heal Acne Scars
The best way to heal acne scars is one that has been proven to show results for the given kind of scar that one seeks to heal. Checking online reviews for the various methods can help. These provide user testimonials that are genuine especially when accompanied by before and after photos.