Purple Eyes – Causes, Purple Eye Color Disease, Makeup Tips, Were Elizabeth Taylor Purple Eyes Real
Purple eyes are a charm if you are not wearing purple contact lenses. Get the causes of purple eyes, purple eye diseases (Alexandria Genesis) whether Elizabeth Taylor had purple eyes and if people have natural purple eyes. You will also get makeup tips for purple eye color.
Having purple eyes sounds strange, just as it does to have violet eyes or other rare eye colors. This eye color is closely related to violet since violet color is between blue and purple. In fact, you have to admit that having purple eyes is a special one, and everyone will be looking at, or admire your cute eye color.I guess it is rarer than even violet or amber eyes. In this discussion, some of the questions we will attempt to answer include the following:
- What causes purple eyes? Are there real Purple Eyes?
- Did Elizabeth Taylor have purple eyes?
- What is purple eye disease?
- Do purple eyes naturally occur, can people have or are there people with purple eyes?
- Which makeup should you use if you have eyes that are purple or closely related to purple color?
Get answers to all the above questions and much more on purple eyes that will make everything clearer in this article.
Do People have Purple Eyes, What Causes them? – Albino, Diseases and Genetics
People with purple eyes must be be very gorgeous looking and quite attractive. Of course, one of the questions, commonly asked by everyone, is if, people actually have eyes that are purples.
This question, is a tough one, and it alludes mixed reactions, with one school of thought acknowledging the existence of purple eyes while the other school thinks contrary – there are no natural purple eyes. Although very rare, there are people who have purple eyes, just as in the case of violet eyes.
If that is the case, what then causes them? The answer is simple. Purple eyes could be caused by a number of things, which include amount of melanin someone has in his or her iris, diseases such as albinism, (albino purple eyes) heterochromatin (disease or disorder where eye changes color), purple eye disease, genetic or hereditary factors.
Basic biology appreciates that the looks people have are passed from their parents. It is possible to get different amounts of eye pigments, which will in turn influence the eye color you have. This is the same fact that influences all the eye colors people have, even for the common eye colors such as hazel, blue, brown, green and so on.
Furthermore, sustaining eye injuries could result to purple eyes because purple color can results from a mixture of red and blue. It is common to get someone, who for instance, has blue eyes but because of the appearance of blood vessels caused by a number of reasons including injuries or less amounts of melanin, one might end up having purple looking eyes.
Characteristics of Purple Eye Disease – Alexandria Genesis
As already mentioned, purple eyes can be caused by purple eye disease. This is a difficult one to understand or appreciate but worthwhile knowing. Purple eye disease, otherwise known as Alexandria Genesis is a condition where someone’s eyes turned to purple due to gene mutation.
This is an ancient myth, in which, many modern scientists hardly find any evidence in. Alternatively, it could have existed when science was not much advanced, making it difficult to day with certainty it existed.
As the mythical Alexandria Genesis disease goes, normally, you were be born with either gray or blue eyes, which could start changing to purple after some time. The process went on for about six months.
Furthermore, when you had purple eyes because you were suffering from Alexandria Genesis, it was believed you would show a number of characteristics when you reached puberty, which included the following:
- The gray or blue eyes that became deeper in color gradually, and as you reach puberty, they will then turn to purple.
- Fair skin that would not tan or burn
- Black or dark brown hair
- No facial or body hairs, except for the one you are born having i.e. nostril, scalp, eyelashes and eyebrow hairs.
- You had longer life span and a very strong immunity that could resist any disease that affect human beings.
- Yo had no or little bowel movement, excellent vision, never overweight(with a proportional and well developed body).
- Women or girls who had purple eyes often miss their menstrual flow but they could still conceive.
Other than the above symptoms of the mythical purple eye disease, the condition was said to be more prevalent in Caucasian but also afflicted other races.
Elizabeth Taylor’s Purple Eyes – Did She Have Real Purple Eyes?
Elizabeth Taylor, a popular actress who acted several movies including Cleopatra in 1963 was considered to have purple eyes. Although some people consider her eyes to be violet or blue, it is not easy to say with certainty that Elizabeth Taylor purple eyes were truly purple or not. However, she certainly did not wear purple contact lenses since these lenses came much later.
If you looked on her eyes keenly in her photos and movies, you will see they appeared violet or purplish in color. Blue is very close to purple and a slight variation in lighting could make light blue eyes to appear purple or violet. I have not found any 100% convincing evidence that Liz Taylor had purple eyes.
Makeup Tips for Purple Eyes
If you have purple eyes which are not as a result of wearing purple eye contacts lenses, you are among the few lucky people and girls with natural purple eyes. However, you need to know some of the ways you can accentuate the looks of your purple eyes.
The first thing to do is to know which undertones your purple eyes have, and get eye makeup that will help bring out those undertones.
For instance, if you want to bring the grayish tone in purple eyes, go for charcoal or gray eyeshadows and deeper shades of gray and black eyeliners. For innocent and subtle looks, consider soft pink hues.
On the other hand, if you want to complement your purple eyes, it is a good idea to go for golds, soft greens and purple eye makeup. Colors such as metallic copper that is bright, bronze, and pewter will also complement your eyes well.
It is a fact that there are people who have purple eyes, most of which are caused by various disease, conditions or disorders. However, you should not be duped by people who wear purple eye contact lenses and pretend to be purple-eyed.
Smokey Purple Eye Looks
To clarify something, smokey purple eyes is not part of the purple eye makeup but the use of purple eyeshadow to create smokey eye looks. Therefore, anyone whose eye color can be complimented with purple color could create smokey purple look.
See More on Eye Colors
- Violet Eyes – Existence, Makeup Tips and Elizabeth Taylor’s Violet Eyes
- Amber Eye Color – Humans, Animal and Makeup Tips for Amber Eyes
You May Also Like
- Close-Set Eyes – Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Eyebrow, Tips and Personalities
- Downturned Eyes & Upturned Eyes – Makeup Tips, How Lower or Lift Up turned and Down turned Eyes
- Wide Set Eyes or Far Apart Eyes – Makeup for, Tips, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Mascara and Personality
- Prominent Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eyebrow Makeup and Surgery
- Almond Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Makeup for Almond Shaped Eyes and Celebrities
- Oriental Eyes – What They Are, Origin and Eye Makeup Tips for Oriental Eyes