Monolids Eyelids – Types, Tips, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara and Monolid/Single Eyelid Surgery
- What are Monolids or Single Eyelids
- Types of Monolids Eyes / Single Eyelids
- Makeup for Monolids – Single Eyelid Monolid Eye Makeup
- Eyebrow Grooming for Monolid Eyes or Single Eyelids
- Eyeshadow for Monolids or Single Eyelids
- Eyeliner for Monolids or Single Eyelids
- Mascara for Monolids Eyes – Single Eyelids Macara
- How to Apply Makeup to Enhance Monolid Eyes Video
- Monolid Makeup Tips, Secrets and Advices
- Single Eyelids/Monolid Surgery or Double Eyelids Glue
- See more on Types of Eyes
In this discussion, you are going to be introduced to what monolid eyelids are, types of monolid eyes and how to apply eye makeup for monolids. You will cover mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner for monolids. This is not all; you will also learn some tips, secrets and advises for applying makeup for monolids that can create a difference.
What are Monolids or Single Eyelids
Monolids refer eye types for people who have a single eyelid or eyelids without eye creases. These eyes closely resemble or could be considered the same as or part of Asian or oriental eyes since they do not have a visible normal eye creases. The name is used to refer to eyes, which do not have double eyelids or have single or mono eyelids. Although these eyes are common in Asian, it is also common to find them in other regions including Europe and Africa. Furthermore, most people who have monolids tend to to be small eyed too.
If you have monolid eyes, be assured that they are insanely beautiful and crazy charming. You only need to know the type of monolid eyelids you have and ways you can accentuate them to look even more beautiful. You should not be contemplating to go for a double eyelid or monolid surgery.
Types of Monolids Eyes / Single Eyelids
For people who have monolid eyes, they need to know that there are different types, which include the following:
- Puffy monolids – These are eyes, which become have lost their creases due to deposits of fats on the upper eyelids, causing a puffy eye looks.
- Sunken Monolids – These eyes have no crease and they are sunken or deep set. They resemble deep set eyes without eye creases. You can carefully work on sunken such eyes and apply fake creases.
- Flat monolids – These types are not sunken or puffy but simply flat, hence their name. They are quite versatile and you can create a fake crease and look great.
It is easy to identify the type of monolid eyes you have by carefully observing them. You should easily be able to distinguish them from double eyelid eyes, which have eye creases.
Makeup for Monolids – Single Eyelid Monolid Eye Makeup
If you have monolids, you need to be careful and how to apply eye makeup for monolid eyes because even experienced makeup artists find it baffling. This is particularly common on deciding where to put a certain eyeshadow shade or how to apply eyeliner for monolids to help accentuate their looks.
However, if you carefully studied the type (from the types we have mentioned above) someone has, you should be able to apply makeup easily while accentuating her eyes. How you will apply eye makeup for monolid eyelids that are sunken, flat or puffy will slightly be different.
Eyebrow Grooming for Monolid Eyes or Single Eyelids
Ensure you have groomed your eyebrows. Any unruly eyebrows should be trimmed. Afterwards you should shape eyebrows according to your face shape. These will draw more attention to your eyes and helps give them a nice frame.
Eyeshadow for Monolids or Single Eyelids
- Apply under eye concealer to hide any under eye wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles or fine lines. You should then apply eyeshadow primer and eyeshadow bases. See more details on how to apply, benefits and best brand of eyeshadow primers and the best eyeshadow bases.
- Apply the lighter eyeshadow shade, often a neutral eyeshadow on your eyelids, from lash line to brow bone.
- Apply the darker or mid tone eyeshadow on your outer eye corners and along where you would have, your natural eye creases if you had double eyelids. This will create an illusion you have creases.
- You can then highlight your inner eye corners and brow bone. To highlight it, use a light shade, especially a shimmery one. The exact color to go for depends on your eye color, as you have to choose something that will accentuate your eyes.
Eyeshadow Tip – The general rule is to apply a lighter eyeshadow on your eyelid. When creating a fake crease, check if it flatters your eyes. This is dependent on how your monolid eyelids look like and it might not be flattery for everyone.
Eyeliner for Monolids or Single Eyelids
When applying eyeliner for monolids, it is advisable to apply a thick line of a good waterproof eyeliner, which will look thick when you eyes are closed by when you open them up; much of it is swallowed by the skin above your eyeball.
You can extend your eyeliner slightly beyond your eye corner to create the winged eyeliner or cat eye eyeliner looks. This can really flatter your monolid eyes. Most people love using liquid and pencil eyeliners. However, gel eyeliner or cream is also good since it lasts longer.
Avoid lining your inner eye rims with dark eyeliner since it will make your eyes to look much smaller and for a balanced look, also line your lower lash line.
Mascara for Monolids Eyes – Single Eyelids Macara
If you have monolids, applying mascara can help enhance your looks since they create an illusion of longer eyelashes especially if you use mascaras such as the lengthening, tube or fiber mascaras. Eyelash extensions and false eyelashes can help in further enhancing your eyes if you do not naturally have long eyelashes. Begin by curling your eyelashes before you can apply about two coats of your favorite mascara. This will make your eyes more open and very lovely.
How to Apply Makeup to Enhance Monolid Eyes Video
We have covered quite a lot on monolids eye makeup. It is also good to see it visually on how you can play around with eye makeup if you have monolid eyes. This video guide will be of much help to you.
Monolid Makeup Tips, Secrets and Advices
For perfect looks, we also have a few tips, secrets and suggestions for people with single eyelids. They will ensure you look great,
- If you love, you can create monolid smokey eye looks since they are also flattering for people who have monolids.
- Ensure you thoroughly blend your eyeshadows until they are seamless to ensure the fake creases appear as real as possible.
- It is advisable not to create a fake crease if you have puffy monolid eyelids, as it will evidently appear fake or false.
- All eye makeup for monolid eylids choice should compliment or accentuate your eye colors as well as other facial features including skin tone if you are go get flattering your eyes.
Single Eyelids/Monolid Surgery or Double Eyelids Glue
As a last resort, you can decide go for a monolid surgery where your monolids will be corrected to double eyelids or normal kind eye eyelids. This requires you to find doctors who are experience with this surgical procedure and it might be costly. This surgical procedure is often known as double eyelid surgery.
If you correctly use eye makeup for monolid eyes, many people will hardly going to recognize you do not have double eyelids. In fact, it is until you mention you do not have creases is when they will notice the difference. Learn to appreciate and work with what you have.
See more on Types of Eyes
- Close-Set Eyes – Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Eyebrow, Tips and Personalities
- Downturned Eyes & Upturned Eyes – Makeup Tips, How Lower or Lift Up turned and Down turned Eyes
- Wide Set Eyes or Far Apart Eyes – Makeup for, Tips, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Mascara and Personality
- Prominent Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eyebrow Makeup and Surgery
- Almond Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Makeup for Almond Shaped Eyes and Celebrities
- Oriental Eyes – What They Are, Origin and Eye Makeup Tips for Oriental Eyes
- Asian Eyes – Tips, Makeup, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrows, Differences and How to Get the Asian Eye Looks
- Large Eyes – What Is, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Celebrities with, and Why Men Love Women with Larger Eyes
- Big Eyes – Eye Makeup Tips, Personality, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara Girls, Men Love, and Contact Lenses for Big Eyed People
- Round Eyes- What Are, Eye Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara for Large or Small Round Eyes
- Small Eyes – Celebrities, Makeup Tips, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrow, and How to Make Smaller Eyes Bigger
- Deep Set Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eye Makeup Tip, Personalities and Celebrities with Deep-Set Eye Types
- Hooded Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner and Eye Makeup Tips and Celebrities with Hooded Eyelids