Do you love black lipstick? Learn how to wear black lipstick, some of the on the best black lipstick brands and popular shades such as black honey, matte black, black radiance, black opal as well as black cherry. You will also get tips, ideas, secrets for wearing black lipstick, how to make and apply this lovely lipstick. Some of the very basic questions we will answer include the following:
- Which are the best black lipstick brands?
- Where Can I Buy Black Lipstick?
- How do you wear black lipsticks?
- Which are some of the popular black lipstick shades?
- How do make black lipstick at home?
- What are some of the important tips, ideas and secrets for wearing black lipsticks?
Best Black Lipstick Brands – Top Brands
- Best Black Lipstick Brands – Top Brands
- Best Black Lipstick Shades, Types and Brands
- How to Wear Black Lipstick
- Clothing when Wearing Black Lipsticks
- Ideas, Advises and Tips for Wearing Black Lipstick
- How to Make Black Lipstick – DIY
- Where to Buy Black Lipstick – Cheap Black Lipstick
- The Most Popular Lipstick Colors
- More Lipstick Colors
- More Topics in Lipsticks
Before we look at some of the best black lipsticks shades, it is wise you know some of the best black lipstick brands. We compared various top black lipstick brands, saw user comments and rating before coming the below list of the best black lipstick brands. So, what are some of the best black lipsticks?
As in the case of many other types of lipsticks, you cannot miss to have good black lipsticks from top brands and manufacturers such as Revlon, NYX, Portland, Tom Ford, among many others. However, before you buy any of the above best black lipstick brands, ensure you have done your own independent review and you know the shades in which each of these lipsticks come in.
Best Black Lipstick Shades, Types and Brands
We have seen the best black lipsticks overall. We now want to cover a few of the popular shades of black lipsticks such as black honey, matte black, black opal, black cherry and black radiance before we go discuss how to wear black lipsticks.
Best Black Honey Lipstick and Top Brands
Black honey lipstick, particularly the Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey is one a great black lipstick color that was once popular in the 1990s. The Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey can only be rivaled by Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Tint in Wine and as the manufacturers claim “Not quite a gloss, and not quite a lipstick, this transparent formula merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create a look that’s all your own. Its sheer, emollient-rich formula glides on for easy layering”
The Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey is the most popular and top seller among the Clinique’s lipsticks. It has some purple hue and its sheer appearance varies from plum, raisin, and pinkish raspberry to wine dark red berry. It can perfectly be worn by people of almost all skin shades and tones.
Best Matte Black Lipstick and Top Brands
If you do not want a glossy or lustrous black lipstick, the matte black lipsticks will be great for you. They need careful application, as any chapped, cracked or dry lips will easily reveal it. You need to ensure you have used a lip concealer and lip color before you apply it finally. If you are looking for the best black matte lipsticks, some of the very popular brands include the following:
- Stargazer Lipstick 110 Matte Black
- Lord & Berry Vogue Matte Lipstick in Black Red
- Illamasqua’s “Pristine” Lipstick
- L.A. Colors Matte lipstick in “Blackberry”
- Ben Nye Lipstick BLACK (Matte)
- Mac Matte Black Lipstick
Best Black Opal Lipstick Cheap and Top Brands
One shade of black lipstick that will not disappoint you is the black opal lipstick. This is a expensive type of black lipsticks that whose price will go as high as $10, depending on the brand you chose. Some of the best black opal lipsticks you should consider include the following:
- Black Opal – Creme Shine Lipstick
- Black Opal True Color Lipstick
- Black Opal True Tone Vitamin Rich Lipstick
- Black Opal Patent Lips Liquid Lipstick
- Black Opal Naked Bronze Créme Shine Lipstick
Best Black Cherry Lipstick and Top Brands
Whenever you hear black cherry lipstick, what comes to your mind is Revlon Super Lustrous Crème Lipstick Black Cherry. This is truly a popular brand of black cherry lipstick. If you would like to try this black lipstick brand, some of the best brands of black cherry lipsticks include the following:
- Milani Black Cherry Lipstick
- Oriflame Pure Colour Lipstick – Black Cherry
- Kate’s Black Cherry Lipstick
- L’Oreal Black Cherry Lipstick
- Hemp Organics – Black Cherry Lipstick
- Lipstick LSS575 Black Cherry
- Mary Kay Creme Lipstick ~ Black Cherry
- Sultry by Smashbox Black Cherry
- Pur Black by Yves Saint Laurent Beaute
Black radiance lipstick – Best Black Radiance Lipsticks
If you are looking for the best black radiance lipsticks, you need to know they are not as common as the other shades of black lipsticks. Black radiance is a lighter shade of black that does not have much flexibility.
On price, black radiance lipsticks are affordable as you can get a good one at prices of $2.99 or even less. You will not get expensive black radiance lipsticks since most of them hardly go beyond $4. Some of the best black radiance lipsticks include the following:
- Black Radiance Perfect Tone Lipstick
- Black Radiance Black Radiance Lipsticks
- Black Radiance Lipstick Purple Passion
How to Wear Black Lipstick
Before we go to the important considerations for wearing a black lipstick, you need to ensure you know how to choose a good color that will compliment your looks. Unless you want to look vampy or it is a Halloween costume, avoid the true black lipsticks. Instead, go for black purplish or reddish. However, if you know how to wear it properly, there is nothing wrong with wearing a true black lipstick.
To many people, black lipsticks are quite intimidating. Many people often avoid it since they do not want to look like a dead vampire or a witch! However, if you know how to wear black lipsticks properly, you can still get alluring looks that everyone will admire.
Wearing Black with Other Makeup
When you are wearing black lipstick, you need to be very careful on the other makeup you wear and ensure they are subtle, especially the eyeshadows and face makeup. Making them bold will steal attention. However, try creating balanced looks.
Eyeliners – Although you should keep other makeup subtle, eyeliner is an exception where you should go for a good liquidor gel eyeliner to help you get the darkest looks. If you love cat eye eyeliner, it works well.
Eyebrow Makeup – For your eyebrows, ensure you get moderate and soft brows. Avoid tinting or dying your browns black. Go for medium brown eyebrow tint. You can also go for a good eyebrow pencil, powder or gel. For daring looks, let your eyebrows be bleached by one or two shades lighter than your lipstick color.
Foundations – When wearing dark lipsticks, people with dark skin should go for a slightly lighter face foundation to help illuminate and brighten their looks. Go for a good quality of bronze or illuminating powder to improve your looks.
Blush – Go for a pigmented blush on your cheeks depending on your skin tone and blend it upwards. Pink blush will work well for most people.
Matte or Glossy – When it comes to black lipstick, matte and glossy when properly done will look great. However, if you opted for matte, ensure it is carefully done and your lips are flawless as it easily shows chapped or dry lips. See more details on dark lip skin.
Clothing when Wearing Black Lipsticks
If you love wearing black lipsticks, you need to ensure you do not put on black clothing. This will amplify your gothic look or vampy looks.
Lady gaga Black Lipstick
Lady Gaga is fond of the black lipstick. If you are her fan, you might want to know how she wears her black lipstick and makeup. It is simple; this is what Lady Gaga does:
She applies a grey eyeliner on here entire eyelid and on the eyelid creases, she applies metallic silver eyeshadow color to add more definition to her eyes. She then uses an eyeliner pencil to line her lower lash line before adding mascara to her eyelashes. On her lips, lady gaga wear black lipstick!
How to Apply Black Lipstick
If you are interested in how to apply black lipstick, and not how to wear black lipstick, we have already covered, how apply dark lipstick. Since black is one of the dark lipsticks, kindly see how to apply dark lipstick for more details.
However, to ensure you properly apply your black lipstick, here are some additional information for the best looks with black lip makeup.
- If you want, you can apply another dark lipstick color on top of your black lipstick especially dark purpleor red lipsticks. This will soften the harshness and give you a vampy soft look. You will look glamorous.
- While apply black lipstick, ensure none of the lipstick goes to your teeth. This can be ensured by putting your clean index finger into your mouth before you can slowly draw it out. It will remove any lipstick that was in your lips.
- Once you have properly applied your black lipstick, you need to ensure you have maintained it well to retain the glamorous looks.
- If you are creative, you can blend black lipstick with other lipstick colors to help tone down those lipsticks or make your looks a bit subtle. This might not be necessary for people who want bold looks. Pink, dark grey and lilac will look great when blended with black.
Ideas, Advises and Tips for Wearing Black Lipstick
We have looked at how to wear black lipstick in details. However, there are a few tips for wearing black lipstick you need to know for perfect looks.
1. The first black lipstick tip is ensuring no lipstick goes beyond your natural lip line. Furthermore, ensure the lip liner you are using is the exact color shade of the lipstick you will be wearing to avoid a dark ring around your lips outer edges.
2. Secondly, ensure you do not wear your black lips with too much mascara.
3. When buying the best black lipstick, ensure you go for a quality brand that will make your lips opaque and make your lips as black as you needed them to be. Some cheap and low quality brands might flake or be less opaque.
Going on with tips for wearing black lipsticks, you need to experiment. You need to try different black lipstick shades and see which one works best for you.
4. If you are afraid of bold looks, black lipstick is not for you. Furthermore, this lipstick color should be worn appropriately to get gorgeous looks. Even if it is tastefully done, it is still not a daily lipstick but for some special occasions.
How to Make Black Lipstick – DIY
If you want to try making your own black lipstick, it is an easy process of you has the right ingredients. Unless you want to make your want to make lipstick at home from scratch, you can simply get a long wearing lip balm and add black eyeshadow powder or eyeliner so long as you realize is safe.
How much black powder eyeshadow or eyeliner you want to add will be dependent on the intensity of the black lipstick you want to make.
Where to Buy Black Lipstick – Cheap Black Lipstick
We have covered quite a lot on black lipsticks including some of the best brands, shades, how to wear black lipsticks, etc. We have discussed ways on how to make black lipsticks. It is time for you to know some of the places where you can buy the above best black lipsticks cheaply.
If you are looking for cheap black lipsticks, or where to buy black lipsticks, there are quite many places, which range from your local cosmetic shop, drugstores to various online websites such as amazon.com, eBay, Boots, Sephora among many other online stores.
Furthermore, you can also buy black lipstick at best costs directly from the various manufacturers’ websites such as Revlon, NYX, Urban Decay, Wet N Wild, Lime Crime, L’Oreal, Portland, among many others.
The Most Popular Lipstick Colors
- Best Red Lipstick – Cheap, Dark, Apple, Bright, Deep, Blood, Cherry, Brick and Jungle Shades
- How to Wear Red Lipstick – Tips to Put on, Apply, Make, Wearing Red Lipsticks
- Best Dark Lipstick – How to Wear, Glow in the Dark, Trend, Tips, Dark Lipstick Looks
- Best Orange Lipstick –Neon, Bright, Burnt, Orange Red & How to Wear Orange Lipsticks
- Best Red Lipstick – For Fair Skin, Black Olive, Dark, Pale, Redheads, Blondes, Brown, Brunettes
- Pink Lipstick – Best Hot, Bright, Light, Berbie, Baby, Pale, Neon and How to Wear Pink Lipsticks
More Lipstick Colors
- Brown Lipstick – Best Dark, Chocolate, Trends and How to Wear Brown Lipsticks
- Lipstick Colors & Shades for Fair Skin, Brunettes, Blondes, Brown, Tan, Black Women
- Green Lipstick Including Mint, Dark, Lime, How to Wear, Green that Turns Pink or Reds
- Best Plum Lipstick Brands – Dark, Deep, Light Shades, Matte, How to Wear
- Best Peach Lipstick – Matte, Light, Dark, Nude, Coral & Peachy Colored Lipsticks
- Blue Lipstick – Best Dark, Navy, Blue Red, Light, Where to Buy or Blue Lipsticks
- Best Gold Lipstick – Golden Red, Rose, Pink and How to Wear, Apply, Use
- Best Purple Lipstick – Dark, Deep, Bright, Light, Red, Pink, How to Wear Purple Lipsticks
- Best Coral Lipstick –Bright, Perfect Coral Orange, How to Wear Coral
- Best White Lipstick Brands – Snow, How to Wear and Where to Buy White Lipsticks
More Topics in Lipsticks
- Best Long Lasting Lipstick – Red, Pure Color, Natural Most Long Lasting Lipsticks
- How to Wear Best Matte lipstick –Red, Pink, Black and Cheap Matte Lipsticks
- Lipstick Case With Mirror, Vintage, double, Antique, Leather, Coach, Wholesale Lipstick Cases
- Lead in Lipstick – Lead Free Lipstick Brands and List of Lipsticks with Lead
- Best Lipstick Brands – Natural, Coral, Long Lasting, Plum, Nude, for Moisturizing Dry Lips, etc
- Best Nude Lipstick – Top Brands, Pink, Beige, Peach, Matte Shades Nude Lipsticks
- How to Make Lipstick – Recipe, Ingredients, Homemade, With Crayons, Vaseline,
- How to Remove Lipstick Stain from Clothes, Carpet, White Shirt and Other Fabrics
- Natural Lipstick – Best All Natural Brands and How to Make Natural Looking Lipsticks