You want to know how to make natural lip gloss? Get info on what they area, best brands of natural lip glosses (that includes NYX, bareMinerals, Revlon Beyond), recipes for homemade all natural lip gloss, benefits, tips, and much more.
While going through this discussion on natural lip glosses as well as how to make them, some of the basic questions that will be answered include the following:
- What is a natural lipgloss?
- What are the benefits of natural lip-gloss
- What are some of the top or best brands of these lipglosses available in the market?
- What are some of the important ingredients to use when making homemade all-natural lip gloss?
- How do you make natural lipgloss at home – recipes, ingredients and steps?
What is Natural Lip Gloss – All Natural?
- What is Natural Lip Gloss – All Natural?
- Benefits Natural Lip Gloss
- Best Natural Lip Gloss – Top Best All Natural Lipgloss Brands
- How to Make Natural Lip Gloss/Homemade – DIY, Recipe and Tips
- What You Will Need
- Steps for Making Homemade Natural Lip Gloss
- Adding Flavor to Your Homemade Natural Lip Gloss
- Other Natural Lip Gloss Recipes
- Tips for Homemade Natural Lip Gloss
- See Lipsticks for Best Colors, Brands, How to Wear and Much More
Natural lip gloss, also known as all-natural lip gloss is a type of lip gloss which is free from any kind of synthetic ingredients including preservatives, alcohol, paraffin, petroleum jelly, animal products, menthol, parabens, or even sulfates which are considered to potentially have health risks to human beings. See more on what is a lip gloss, best brands, for men, kids, etc
Instead, most of these lip glosses are made from beeswax, essential oils that soothe your lips, oils derived from natural sources and other all-natural ingredients. Natural lip glosses pose very few potential health risks due the ingredients they have that are not harmful to human health. Other common ingredients include coconut oil, beeswax, palm oil, vanilla extract, and other flavor additives that exist naturally.
If you are looking for these lip glosses, you have a choice of either going for the best natural lip glosses from some of the leading manufacturers or make your own at home. We have listed some of the best natural lip glosses you should try as well as how to make your own.
Benefits Natural Lip Gloss
- Control ingredients
- Free from harmful ingredients
- Easy to make
Best Natural Lip Gloss – Top Best All Natural Lipgloss Brands
Instead of getting all the ingredients and recipes to make the various homemade natural lip glosses, it is a good idea if you purchased some of the top brands of these lipglosses in the market. Most of them are made by reputed manufacturers who ensure they are 100% natural (all-natural) with no synthetic ingredient or any other ingredient that can potentially be a health hazard.
We reviews a number of the best natural lipgloss in the market and came up with the below list. It is not all inclusive and we are not endorsing any of these products. So what are some of the best natural lip gloss?
- bareMinerals 100% Natural Lipgloss
- NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss, Natural
- Revlon Beyond Natural Cream Lipgloss
- Burt Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss
- Natural Lip Gloss from Lily Lolo Mineral Cosmetics
- Burberry Hibiscus Lip Glow Natural Lipgloss Burberry
- Mikamy Meadows Natural Lip Gloss
- 100% All Natural Mineral Lip Gloss from ELF
- Bare Escentuals Cupcake 100% Natural Lipgloss
- Natural Lip Gloss by Pure Anada
- Wildly Natural Lip Gloss by Mad Gabs
- Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Lipgloss
Before you invest your money on any of the above top or best natural lip gloss brands; it is important to do your own review, read customer ratings and comments. You also need to know the exact color or shade the specific lipgloss you are buying comes in, since top products such as NYX Natural Lip Gloss and Revlon beyond Natural Cream Lipgloss come in various colors.
How to Make Natural Lip Gloss/Homemade – DIY, Recipe and Tips
If you cannot still trust the above listed best natural lip gloss brands, you have a chance to make you own. We are going to look at how to make natural lipgloss in details. If made correctly, with the right ingredients such as natural oils and cupuacu butter, they can ensure protection (by antioxidants present in the ingredients), shine (sparkly color) and lip hydration.
Before we look at how to make natural lipgloss, it is important to understand that the exact ingredients will be based on why you need the lip gloss. Using ingredients such as jojoba oil, cocoa butter, vanilla extract, peppermint essential oils, etc will ensure the lip gloss will be rejuvenating.
On the other hand, if you want a soothing natural lip glosses, go for ingredients such as beeswax, rose oil, lavender essential oil, honey etc. Furthermore, if you need a tropical lip gloss, you should opt for grasp seed oil, jasmine essential oil and vanilla extract.
Finally, decide if you want a simple lip gloss that will add gloss or shine to your lips or lip plumper serum. See more on lip plumpers and how they work in getting bigger lips, how to make your own, best brand etc.
What You Will Need
- An emulsifier or soft solid emollient like cocoa butter, shea butter, or beeswax or other natural base oils. Beeswax work well but is a bit hard and will be idea for the twisting type of lipgloss tubes.
- Ingredients such as vitamin E oil, aloe vera gel, honey, etc.
- Flavor ingredients
- Double heater or microwave
- Lip gloss container and tubes
Steps for Making Homemade Natural Lip Gloss
We have finally come to the actual steps on how to make natural lip glosses. We will make only one type of lipgloss and we expect you to be able to follow a similar procedure to come with other types. In fact, once you have the basic steps for making natural lip gloss, the rest will be similar as it is only the ingredients that will vary.
- If you are using beeswax, you can melt about 2 tablespoons of beeswax in a double boiler and add almond oil such as Now Foods Sweet Almond Oil or any other essential oil you will be using). Ensure you heat slowly to avoid destroying the healing and important natural ingredients present.
- Remove the mixture from a heath source and add about 4 drops of vitamin E oil squeezed from Vitamin E capsule (a good antioxidant that will ensure your skin is nourished. It also acts as a natural preservative)
- You can choose to use your natural lip glosses that way or add some essential healing oil such as mint, coffee, tangerine or strawberry.
- Afterwards spice it by adding 2-4 drops vanilla extract, cinnamon oil, peppermint candy, baking chocolate, etc into the mixture.
- If you want to add colorants, you can add a few drops of fresh blackberry, beet, raspberry, carrot, blueberry, strawberry juice. Strong coffee will also work in adding color.
- Stir the mixture and transfer to your lip gloss tube, container or tin that is sealable.
On containers to use, put them in roller-ball bottles, as they are easy to use. Alternatively, you can go for good empty lip balm containers, tines, tubes, pots etc.
Adding Flavor to Your Homemade Natural Lip Gloss
To add flavor you will use various naturally existing ingredients. The exact amount to add depends on your taste. Furthermore, some products such as vanilla are milder when compared to mint, citrus or cinnamon.
- Mint – Fresh scent
- Lavender – Floral, woodsy and soothing scent
- Lemon verbena oil – Lemony invigorating scent
- Rose oil for feminine floral scent
Other Natural Lip Gloss Recipes
The above are just illustrations of the various natural lipgloss recipes you can make. There are many other ways on how to make similar glosses using various recipes. We are going to mention three other recipes and on how to make natural lip glosses and let you make more on your own.
Aloe Vera Natural Lipgloss Recipe
- Take one teaspoon of aloe vera gel or gel the gel from aloe vera leaf
- Add a half amount of natural oil such as coconut oil
- Add an eighth of a teaspoon of vitamin E oil
Mix the ingredients until they are smooth. If you want a favored type, you can add a small amount of the oils for flavor seen above.
Chocolate Lip Gloss Recipe
Take 0.5 teaspoons coconut oil, 1.5 teaspoons cocoa butter that is grated and 0.125 teaspoons vitamin E oil and mix them in a microwave or double boiler. Add about 0.25 teaspoon grated chocolate and mix well. Pour it into your lipgloss container or tube.
Cranberry Natural Lipgloss Recipe
You will mix one tablespoon of honey, similar amount sweet almond oil and 10 fresh cranberries. Heat them gently before squashing the berries. Afterwards, use a strainer to sieve the ingredients. Put your this lipgloss in a lip gloss container and let it cool.
Other Popular Natural Lip Gloss Recipes include those made from the following:
- Jojoba oil
- Sweet almond oil
We have only looked at the basic steps for making natural lipgloss, what you can achieve is dependent on your creativity.
Tips for Homemade Natural Lip Gloss
People who have dry lips should opt for cocoa butter or coconut oil based lipgloss, as they will really help moisturize your lips. You can also use other hydrating oils such as grapeseed oil, jojoba, olive oil etc.
Suggested Further Reading on Lip Glosses
- Lip Gloss for Men, Girls, Kids and Best Lip Gloss Brands including Black Lip Gloss
- Get the Best Pink Lip Gloss Shades Including Hot, Baby, Light, Peachy, and Bubblegum
- Best Lip Gloss Brands Including the Plumping, Flavored, Long Lasting, Moisturizing and SPF
- Get Lip Gloss containers and Lip Gloss Tubes, Empty and Wholesale and Cheap
- Make Your Own Natural Lip Gloss – Great Homemade Lip Glosses Even with Vaseline
Further Reading on Lip Balms
- How to Make Lip Balm with Best Recipe Using Vaseline, Beeswax, Honey, Coconut Oil
- Lip Balm Containers, Tins and Pots – Empty Wholesale, Where to Buy Cheap Lip Balm Containers
- Best Tinted Lip Balm including Natural, Red, Sugar, Burt S Bees Tinted Lip Balms
- Organic Lip Balms & Natural Lip Balm – Best Brands, How to Make, Homemade Recipe
More Work on Type of Lips
- Big lips Meaning, Girls, Men with these Lips and Makeup Tips for Get Bigger Lips
- Small lips Meaning, Girls, Men with Small Lips, Makeup Tips and Small Bumps and Pimple on Lips
- Round Lips Meaning, Makeup Tips for Round Lips Gloss, Balm, NYX, and Makeup for Round Lip
- Thick lips Meaning, People with Thick Lips, Makeup Tips and Thick Upper Black Lips
More Articles on Types Other Lip Makeup
- Best Lip Plumper – Natural, Homemade, Plumping Lip Gloss and How to Make Lip Plumpers
- Best Lip Liner Including Clear, Permanent, Invisible, Waterproof and How to Apply Lip Liners
- Best Lip Moisturizer Including Balms, Glosses, Natural, For Men, Homemade and Tinted