How to Color Eyebrows, Choose Brow Color, Tips, Secrets, Advice and DIY at Home
Are you looking for information on how to color eyebrows or choosing brow color? Or do you want the flattering looks of Kim Kardashian or Jessica Alba eyebrow colors? We are going to cover much more that will help you get looks that beat these celebrities. You will be truly a beauty queen if you do it correctly in addition to using other eye makeup such as eyeshadow, eyeliners, mascaras etc well. It all begins with correct eyebrow color kit choice, application and having the correct tips, all of which we are going comprehensively to cover in this article.
Table of Contents
How to Select Eyebrow Colors
Choosing the correct color for your eyebrows can transform your look. Color choice will be affected by many factors, which include personal preference, occasion, age, eye color, skin color, hair color among many other factors. When selecting any of your them, you need to follow the below simple rules that will ensure you have perfect looks
- If you have dark hair, you need to go for a slightly lighter shade or at best, two shades light than your hair color. This applies to people who have dark skin tone too.
- If you have light hair and light skin or pale skin, the best eyebrow colors will be two shades darker. Going for a lighter one will not help in defining your eyebrows in any way.
- Blondes should avoid colors that are too dark as they might be too much or look harsh on them.
This rules are just but conventional and might not work for everyone. You still have the right to try various colors or get advice to help coming with the best color for your eyebrows. For instance, although most of the Hispanic and African American women get flattering eyebrow looks with brown eyebrow colors, some find black to be the best.
How to Color Eyebrows
With the above basic ways on how to choose eye brow colors, let us look at how to color eyebrows. We will be general cover the steps to follow.
If you want specific way to color your brows, the following articles will help in giving tips, secrets, best brands, how to apply and much more.
- Best eyebrow pencil and how to apply them
- Best brow powder and how to apply them
- Best brow dye – Tips and How to Use
- Best brow tints and how to tint
However, cover the steps on how to color eyebrows, here is how to go about the whole idea while ensuring you have great looks:
- Ensure you have groomed your brows, which might include eyebrow threading, waxing trimming, (especially for people with bushy eye brows), plucking, shaping, etc. This must always be done before you color your eyebrows. Otherwise, your effort will be to no consequence if you still need to groom your brows after coloring them, especially with temporary eyebrow colors.
- Thoroughly clean your brows and remove any oils and makeup residues. This will ensure best results since oily eyebrows often cause smudging of eye brow colors you have applied.
- If you are dying or using a permanent eyebrow color, you need to apply Vaseline around your brows to keep the color off your skin around your eyebrows. If you are using eyebrow pencils, powders or eyebrow gels, you might not need this step. You need to ensure you have achieved uniform looks and each eyebrow has been colored.
- The specific technique you will use will be dependent on the type of brow colors you are using. Dyes, tints, pencil and powder eyebrow makeup will require different techniques.
- While applying it, in case you make a mistake, ensure you remove it using the correct makeup remover and if necessary, reapply correctly. This might not apply to people using eyebrow dyes. Cotton swabs are the best since they can perfectly remove eye brow colors even on thin eyebrows before you can reapply again.
- Once you are through with the application process, you need to brush your eyebrows from inside out in short upward strokes to ensure they look perfect.
Tips, Advices and Secret on How to Color Eyebrows
You have seen how to color eyebrows as well as how to select colors. It is important you also adhere to the below best tips, secrets and advice for coloring your brows if you want best of the looks.
- The first tip when coloring eyebrows, ensure there is not demarcation on between your eyebrow colors and eyebrow dye or tint. Whether you are using eyebrow pencil, tint, powder or dye, ensure no demarcations are visible. If you love tints, Godefroy Instant Eyebrow Tint will be a good pick and for pencils try Maybelline New York Define-A-Brow Eyebrow Pencil.
- When removing eyebrow colors, ensure you have the correct makeup remover and void rubbing your eyebrows so much to try and make the colors come off.
- Always follow all the instructions, which come with the type of eye brow color you have purchased.
- If you are using temporary brow coloring, ensure you remove it before you go to bed. This will avoid it staining your bedding. They are also unhealthy to your brows, which need to be cleaned, moisturized and conditioned. However, if you have a permanent eyebrow coloring, you can still wash, moisturize and condition your brows without color coming out.
- Some eyebrow colors, especially dyes might require bleaching your brows before applying the color. Ensure you follow bleaching instructions and do not let the bleach stay for longer than recommended time to avoid irritations. Bleaching will help intensify the color of your dye.
- Going on with best eyebrow coloring tips, unless it is very necessary, avoid dye when coloring brows. Instead, go for colored tints, eyebrow gels, eyebrow powders and pencils.
- If you are using eyebrow powder, ensure you have chosen the correct eyebrow brush in applying it. Angle eyebrow brushes are known to be the best for applying or coloring your brows.
- Whenever you change the color of your hair (dye your hair) you will also be required to switch to a different brow color that will flatter your hair color also. Imagine how you would look if you dye your hair blonde and use very black eyebrow color!
- The other tip for eyebrow coloring is that before using any of the eyebrow colorings, ensure you have conducted an allergy test to ensure it will not cause any irritations. Test using your neck region or inner arm and wait for two days before you can start using your eyebrow coloring makeup.
All the above eyebrow coloring tips, secrets and advices if are followed with the procedure on how to color eyebrows, excellent results will be achieved. However, unless you chose an eyebrow coloring that will flatter your facial features, especially hair, you might not get the best of looks, even if you apply it correctly.
See More on Eyebrow Makeup
- Best Eyebrow Pencil – How to Choose, Apply, Benefits and Secrets for Brow Pencils
- Eyebrow Dye – How to, Tips, Choosing, Risks and Best Eyebrow Dye Kits
- Best Eyebrow Powder – Tips, How to Choose and Apply Eyebrow Powders
- Eyebrow Tinting – Best, Tips, Tint Types, How to Choose and Tint Eyebrows
- Best Eyebrow Stencils – Types, Tips, How to Choose and Use Stencils for Eyebrows
More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Eyebrow Shaping Guide – How to, Tips, Men and Women Eyebrow Shaping
- How to Arch Eyebrows – Step and Tips for Eyebrow Arching
- How to Trim Eyebrows for Women, Men and Tips for Brow Trimming
- How to Tweeze Eyebrows – Best Tweezers, Tips , Tweezing
- Eyebrow Threading – Tips, Benefits, Services, How to, Cons of Brow Threading
- Eyebrow Waxing – Best Kits, Tips, Salons, How to Wax Eyebrows
- Plucking Eyebrows – How to, Tips and Ways to Reduce Pain
- Best Eyebrow Shapes for Different Face Shapes
Suggested Further Reading
- Celebrities with No Eyebrows – With and Without Eyebrows Looks?
- How to Grow Eyebrows Fast – Tips, Advice, Grow Eyebrows Back
- Thin Eyebrows Causes, Tips, and How to Fill How to Thin Eyebrows
- Bushy eyebrows – Tips, Advice, How to Trim Bushy Eyebrows and Celebrities with Bushy Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Loss – Causes, Remedies, Treatment and Cures
- How to Get Thick Eyebrows – Tricks, Tips, Ideas and Ways to Get Thicker Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Tattoos – Costs, Benefits, Cons, Permanent Eyebrows Procedure
- Eyebrow Piercings Guide – Types, Healing, After Care, Jewelry, Process, Tips