How to Arch Eyebrows – Step, Tips for Perfectly Arched Brows and Shape
Wondering how to arch your eyebrows? Get best steps and tips for arching brows that will ensure you have a perfectly arched eyebrows that everyone will admire. We have tips, secrets, ideas and ways on how to arch eyebrows.
Correct eyebrow arching can help flatter your eyebrows and other facial features. As a word of caution, before you begin arching your them, you need to take your time and ensure you have gotten the best and most flattering brow arch. Otherwise, it takes long for your them to grow back. Imagine having an ugly arch or and having to use brow pencils and other makeup to hide the arch or correct it.
Steps for Eyebrow Arching
- Steps for Eyebrow Arching
- Trim Your Eye brows
- Know Your Face Type and Facial Features
- Mark Starting and End Points
- Eyebrow Arch Position
- Outline Eyebrow Shape
- Tweeze Unwanted brows
- Eyebrow Arching Tips, Secrets and Advices
- See More on Eyebrow Makeup
- More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Suggested Further Reading
How to arch eyebrows should be nothing that scares you. If done well with the correct steps, you will achieve the exact looks you want. As a beginner, be prepared to take about 30 minutes or over. However, once you get used to it, you can take much shorter time since you will know exactly what you want. So, what are some of the most important steps on brow arching?
Just as in the case of brow shaping, you will be required trim your them first. This will ensure you can clearly see your eye brow shape and eyebrow arching will be much easier. See more details on eye brow trimming, tips and a lot more. For perfect results get a good brow trimmer like Remington Dual Blade Detail Trimmer Eyebrows Nose Ear Sideburns MPT-3400C or Philips Norelco NT9130 D-Finer Precision Trimmer.
Know Your Face Type and Facial Features
Successful arching of brows requires you to both learn how to arch eyebrows and know your facial features. Not everyone can have arches on their eyebrows, as they might not be flattery. For instance, people with long faces should avoid high arches and keep their eyebrow shape flat. See more on best brow shapes. Carefully examine your face to determine what type of arch will look best on your face. To give you a hint on which arch to create consider the following points:
Low Forehead - People who have low foreheads should ensure they always keep their arch much lower. Raising your eyebrow arch higher will make you look surprised always, something you do not want. It will also work well for people who have longer faces as well wider ones.
Higher Arch – If you have a round face, you need to create a higher and sharper arch. This will help make your face narrower and make your forehead to look much longer.
Wide Set Eyes – whenever you are arching your brows and you have a wide set eyes, you need to ensure your move the arch starting points inwards and not on the conventional place. This will make your eyes to look much closer to each other.
Mark Starting and End Points
Going on with our discussion on how to arch eyebrows, you need to know how to correctly mark your arch before you can begin creating it. It will involve the basic steps of brow shaping. You will begin by marking where your eyebrow will begin, mark the where they will end before you can mark where your arch will be.
Eyebrow starting point is the place where an imaginary line from your nose ball crosses your eyebrows or a perpendicular line from your inner eye corner cuts your eyebrows. The end point is where a line beginning from your nose crosses your outer eye corner. See more details on Eye brow Shaping Guide – How to Shape and Tips for Men and Women
Eyebrow Arch Position
Once you have the starting and ending point, you need to know the highest point of your arch. To do this, draw an imaginary line from your nose side through eyebrow pupil. Where the line meets your eyebrows, this should be the highest point of your arch. Using an brow pencil make a mark there.
The arch should be towards the outer side of your eyeballs or directly above the outer edge of your iris. When you will begin shaping it, you should ensure your eyebrows are thicker towards the inner parts and begin to tapper towards the outer eye corner.
Depending on the kind of arch you want to create, you could make it more outwards or a little inner. Moving the arch peak a little inner will make it higher while outwards will make it much lower. You could also have some variations during brow arching to get the looks you want. It will be ok so long as they flatter your eyebrows.
Outline Eyebrow Shape
Once you have the three main points, you should outline your eyebrows in the shape you most prefer before you can begin creating your brow arch. Most makeup artists recommend coloring the brows, which are inside your eyebrow outline. This will help create a distinction between the brows you want to pluck and those you do not want to pluck.
If you are not able to outline your brows easily, you can opt for good eyebrow stencils that have been inspired by various celebrities. Choose a shape that will flatter your looks. When shaping your brows arches, you should create a tapering outline from the your eyebrow arch tip to downwards to your brow edge.
Tweeze Unwanted brows
An important point to note in this discussion on how to arch eyebrows is preparing your eyebrows before you can begin tweezing them. You should use a numbing cream if you fear the pain. Do not ice your them, as this will fix them more firmly.
Any eyebrow hairs that are outside your main brow shape are unnecessary and they should be removed. You should opt for tweezing since it is the most precise. However, you can go for other ways such as waxing, threading or even cutting them using a razor blade. See more on tweezing, plucking, waxing and threading for more details.
These are the basic steps for creating an arch on your brows. As you can see from the steps above on how to arch eyebrows, it is something anyone can do. You can thereafter fill your brows if you have thin ones and apply any other eye brow makeup you normally use.
Eyebrow Arching Tips, Secrets and Advices
We have seen the basic steps brow arching. It is time to look at some of the most important tips, secrets, and advice to ensure you just do not create an ordinary but the best arch You do not want to lose of your face shape by wrongly arching your brows!
- When plucking your eyebrows, you need to pluck the beneath eyebrows in the ‘inside outside direction’. This will help you get the best results as you struggle to get a prefect eyebrow arch.
- If you are a newbie, ensure you remove a single hair at a time to avoid messing your eye brow arches.
- While arching eyebrows, always ensure you continually compare the either side eyebrows to ensure they are identical. You do not want to have one arch higher than the other does.
- If you are new and you do not know how to arch eyebrows, you could go to a professional who will charge a small fee. Brow arching costs is as low as $5. However, this price for arching brows could go high depending on where you get your these services.
Eyebrow arching is a painless and simple process. However, you need to ensure you follow all the above steps on to arch eyebrows if you want to be successful. Ensure you are very patient at first when you begin it. However, if you want y to arch them perfectly within a short time, ensure you practice, practice and practice.
See More on Eyebrow Makeup
- Best Eyebrow Pencil – How to Choose, Apply, Benefits and Secrets for Brow Pencils
- Eyebrow Dye – How to, Tips, Choosing, Risks and Best Eyebrow Dye Kits
- Best Eyebrow Powder – Tips, How to Choose and Apply Eyebrow Powders
- Eyebrow Tinting – Best, Tips, Tint Types, How to Choose and Tint Eyebrows
- Best Eyebrow Stencils – Types, Tips, How to Choose and Use Stencils for Eyebrows
- How to Color Eyebrows and Choose Brow Colors, Tips, Secrets and Advices
More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Eyebrow Shaping Guide – How to, Tips, Men and Women Eyebrow Shaping
- How to Trim Eyebrows for Women, Men and Tips for Brow Trimming
- How to Tweeze Eyebrows – Best Tweezers, Tips , Tweezing
- Eyebrow Threading – Tips, Benefits, Services, How to, Cons of Brow Threading
- Eyebrow Waxing – Best Kits, Tips, Salons, How to Wax Eyebrows
- Plucking Eyebrows – How to, Tips and Ways to Reduce Pain
- Best Eyebrow Shapes for Different Face Shapes
Suggested Further Reading
- Celebrities with No Eyebrows – With and Without Eyebrows Looks?
- How to Grow Eyebrows Fast – Tips, Advice, Grow Eyebrows Back
- Thin Eyebrows Causes, Tips, and How to Fill How to Thin Eyebrows
- Bushy eyebrows – Tips, Advice, How to Trim Bushy Eyebrows and Celebrities with Bushy Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Loss – Causes, Remedies, Treatment and Cures
- How to Get Thick Eyebrows – Tricks, Tips, Ideas and Ways to Get Thicker Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Tattoos – Costs, Benefits, Cons, Permanent Eyebrows Procedure
- Eyebrow Piercings Guide – Types, Healing, After Care, Jewelry, Process, Tips