Deep conditioning for natural hair is important in keeping it looking healthy. This though requires one to use the best deep conditioners for hair that is natural. A good deep conditioner for natural hair must not be bought. One can learn how to deep condition hair using homemade natural conditioners.
Best Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair – Top or Good Brands
- Best Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair – Top or Good Brands
- Best Moisturizing Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair
- Protein Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair– Best Brands
- Homemade Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair – DIY Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair
- How to Make a Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair
- Natural Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair
- How to Deep Condition Natural Hair
Deep conditioners are hair products that are meant to fortify hair with proteins and moisture. These are an important component in natural hair care since it gets overly dry. To keep it looking healthy and strong, one ought to deep condition regularly. With so many products in the market, choosing the best may be hard. Below we bring you some of the best deep conditioner for natural hair brands.
Body works Jojoba Monoi Deep Conditioner: This great conditioner gives hair back its beauty by balancing its moisture levels. It protects hair from drying up. It is fortified with jojoba, coconut and monoi to strengthen, and soften the tresses. It can work on different hair types and textures.
Sofn’Free Gro Milk Protein & Olive Oil Deep Conditioning treatment: The olive oil in it promotes hair growth by stopping breakage. The milk proteins strengthen the hair, protect it and promote a lustrous shine. The omega 3 helps in strengthening hair and replenishing natural oils. The end result is hair that has a beautiful glow and youthful look.
Elasta QP Soy OYL Deep Conditioner: This product is rich in vitamins, proteins and omega 3 and 6. These penetrate deep into the hair follicles fast enough to fight dryness and hair breakage. They also help in infusing moisture as well as restoring hair strength. This way breakage is minimized, where it has happened there is repair. The hair’s manageability and shine are also enhanced.
Best Moisturizing Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair
Moisturizing deep conditioners play an important role in keeping the tresses well hydrated. Some of the best that are available in the market include:
- Eden Body Works Jojoba Deep Conditioner
- Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea Deep Conditioner
- Shea Moisture Organic Deep Treatment Masque
Protein Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair– Best Brands
Also important in keeping the hair strong and repairing damage is protein deep conditioning. Among great brands that one can make use of are:
- Neutrogena Triple Mositure Deep Recovery Mask
- Palmers Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack
- Aubrey Organics GPB
- Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
- Hydratherma Naturals Protein Leave In
Homemade Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair – DIY Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair
Homemade deep conditioner for natural hair saves the user money. It also gives one the freedom of creating a product that caters for the unique needs of your hair. This helps to keep hair looking strong and healthy.
The process of creating conditioners does not have to be time consuming and tedious. Following easy recipes will help create strong products using readily available home ingredients. Sample some DIY deep conditioner for natural hair below.
Banana Deep Conditioner
This is best for dry hair. Bananas contain Vitamin A and potassium which are beneficial for dry hair. When used with olive oil, it will penetrate the scalp to moisturize hair. Yoghurt helps in keeping it soft.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unprocessed honey
- In a blender, add the banana and add the olive oil.
- Once a smooth paste is formed, add the other ingredients and blend to form a lump-less mixture. You could pass this through a strainer to ensure it is smooth.
- Apply this on wet hair and cover it up with a plastic cap.
- Leave it on for 30minutes before thoroughly washing it off
Avocados are a source of essential fatty acids and oleic acid. Honey acts as a natural humectants. These when combined help to add moisture to the hair, retain moisture as well as improve the overall hair texture. The hair follicles are also strengthened.
- 1 avocado
- 2tablespoons organic honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mash the avocado well in a mixing bowl.
- Put this and the rest of the ingredients in a blender.
- Apply this on hair that is wet, cover it up with a plastic cap and let it sit for an hour.
- Rinse off the treatment thoroughly
Mayonnaise Deep Conditioner
This works well for dry and dull hair. It will help to restore glow and health in lifeless hair. It also helps to prevent weakening of the hair strands and moisturize.
- 3parts mayonnaise
- 1 part yoghurt
- 1 part Olive oil
- 2tablespoons honey
- Whip all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Stir until all ingredients mix evenly to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this on wet hair and cover it up for an hour.
Coconut oil conditioner
This conditioner is most that needs strengthening and not necessarily proteins. The oil reduces keratin loss by binding to the hair. When honey is added, moisture retention is enhanced.
- Two parts extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 part pure honey
- Put the two in a vessel and place these in a bowl containing how water
- When mixture is warm, apply it on hair and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off
How to Make a Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair
There are different ways of making deep conditioners for natural hair. One can access various recipes online for a step by step direction on how to do it. These are easy to do as one only has to pick what is readily available and make the best out of it.
Natural Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair
For people with natural hair who opt to have natural deep conditioners, there are many advantages to it. It saves one a lot of cash that would be spent in purchases. It also enables one to tailor the conditioner depending on what the needs of their hair are. These also do not contain any toxic chemicals making them safe for use.
How to Deep Condition Natural Hair
Deep conditioning is the process of fortifying natural hair with ingredients that will restore its health. This helps to take care of hair that may have dried up or become brittle with time. Excessive splitting of the ends as well as hair breakage is also repaired. Other than this reactive deep conditioning, one could be proactive in deep conditioning in order to prevent these from happening. This requires one to schedule for regular conditioning. With this in mind, let us see how to deep condition natural hair.
- Most conditioners work best on damp hair. So start off by washing or wetting the hair.
- Section the clean hair to enhance application
- Apply generous amounts of the conditioner to each section.
- Once all hair is done, use a wide toothed comb to comb through to ensure even distribution.
- Cover the hair with a plastic cap and leave it on for 30 minutes. This will enhance penetration
- Rinse off the conditioner after this.