If you thought that dealing with dry hair was painstaking, wait until you try finding the best dry hair treatment. How can you identify the right treatment from a long list of products and home solutions? The best hair treatments offered.
It is important as a consumer to want to have the assurance that certain products or solutions will work without fail to fix your hair problems. Trying different products each day for dry hair treatment costs time and money, which is not readily available for most people because of many other pressing bills and emergencies. Dry hair looks unkempt, unhealthy and dreadful it is a sad fact. However, it can only be treated at home or with reputable hair products. In order to have the best outcome on your head, the following treatments are known to work.
Dry Hair Treatment – How to Treat and Best Treatments
- Dry Hair Treatment – How to Treat and Best Treatments
- Dry Damaged Hair Treatment
- Dry Frizzy Hair Treatment
- Treatment for Dry Brittle Hair
- Which Is the Best Dry Hair Solutions
To ensure this section is comprehensive and helps you deal with the problem of having dry hair which most times ends up being brittle too. We will discuss ways on how to treat dry hair and some dry hair treatments
How to Treat Dry Hair
The fact that dry hair lacks moisture and luster means that you have to wash it less. This however, does not mean that you deny shampooing your hair at all. A once per week shampoo is enough followed by deep conditioning for 30 minutes.
Ensure that you invest in products that are meant for dry hair, if you do not know how to go about that talk to your hair stylist to assist you. When you must condition on the go use a leave in conditioner and let the hair dry naturally instead of subjecting it to heat. Heat causes it to dry further.
Use combs with wide bristles so that you hair can just flow freely without strain. Apply some oil to add luster before combing. How to treat dry hair does not have to take unconventional ways, just the usual with care.
The sun and windy weather must also be avoided if you want the moisture to last in your hair. Furthermore, sleeping with your head covered with a satin scarf or bonnet will ensure that the hair shafts seep in all the oils used. You must also shampoo your hair immediately after swimming in salty or chlorinated water. Water containing salt and chlorine affects the pH of the scalp thereby, making it dry and flaky.
Hair Treatments for Dry Hair
Hair treatments for dry hair range from over the counter products to home remedies. Sometimes the right treatment for dry hair may be prescription medicine treating an underlying condition or just the right diet.
Health is paramount when it comes to treating your dry hair and its starts with ensuring that you do not have any medical condition. Schedule a check up with your family doctor and have your body checked for any illnesses if you have dry hair that is difficult to treat. Besides, you must eat a balanced diet at all times.
Plenty of vegetables and fruits with a little starch and proteins is what would make a balanced diet. When it comes to proteins, focus on the white meats of fish and chicken unlike the red kinds. Plants and diary products also offer good proteins. Hair treatments for dry hair cannot work without proper nutrition, exercises and plenty of water.
Treatment for Dry Hair at Home
If you are money conscious as most people are in these hard economic times, home remedies may be the ideal treatment for dry hair. These make use of items within your reach at home and you can use them whenever going on with your day-to-day activities.
These homemade masks just work as fine as products from the stores. Here is a list of what you might need to make that magical mask treatment for dry hair at home.
- Eggs beaten with coconut, almond, or olive oil
- Eggs beaten with honey
- Eggs beaten with vinegar
- Essential Oils – use whatever oil you have in the home as hot oil treatment by heating a mixture or a single oil in a saucepan
- Fresh aloe vera gel mixed with coconut oil
- Gelatin mixed with vinegar and lavender or Rosemary
- Beer- works best as shine spray
- Apple cider vinegar
- Mashed avocados and bananas
The above homemade treatments should be left on the hair for 10-20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water. Use any of these once a week for best results.
Best Treatment for Dry Hair- Best Products
Best treatment for dry hair can also be found in products. Shop these from reputable stores to avoid buying expired products that might not work.
- Pureology Essential Repair Split End Correcting Mask
- Wen by Chaz Dean Lavender Re-Moist Hydrating Mask
- Amika Obliphica Nourishing Hair Mask
- Mizani Butter Blend Rhelaxer
- Agadir International Agadir Argan Oil
- Pravana Keratin Fusion Thermal Insulator
- Redken Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask
- Biolage Hydratherapie Ultra-Hydrating Balm
- Lush Jasmine & Henna Fluff Eaze
- Giovanni Vitapro Fusion
Dry Damaged Hair Treatment
The best treatment for dry damaged hair at home is mayonnaise. Mayonnaise has a lot of moisture, which dry hair requires. A treatment at home once a week will go a long way in ensuring that your hair remains lustrous and bouncy. It does not cost extra to get it on your hair since it is available at home for making sandwiches.
Once you rinse off the mayonnaise from your hair spray some beer on the hair to give it shine and volume. Blow dry with minimum heat and the smell of beer will disappear.
Dry Frizzy Hair Treatment
Argan oil is the best dry frizzy hair treatment. Ensure you get the original Moroccan oil not a counterfeit from reputable beauty stores. Conditioners with this oil get rid of frizzes and should be used each time before heat styling is employed on your hair. This way, the hair is protected from damage.
Treatment for Dry Brittle Hair
There is no shortcut when it comes to treatment for dry brittle hair, oil must be used in plenty. Jojoba, Emu, coconut, almond and lavender among others make up some of the best oils. A hot oil treatment works even better where a mixture of oils is heated on a saucepan before applying it on the hair.
Which Is the Best Dry Hair Solutions
All the above solutions work however, the best dry hair solutions are homemade masks. These can be prepared in the comfort of homes without involving hair stylists. They are cheap, easy to use and they definitely work. If you try any of the above and the dryness does not go away, see a doctor for checkup.
Suggested Further Reading:
- Dry Hair Causes – Dry Brittle, Extremely, Dry Damaged and Dry Ends
- Dry Brittle Hair- Causes, How to Treat & Home Remedies
- How to Fix Dry Hair, Moisturize and Best Masks for Dry Hair
- Best Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Dry Brittle, Damaged and Frizzy
- Best Shampoo for Dry Hair – Damaged, Frizzy, Curly & Fine Hair
- Best Conditioners for Dry Hair Including Leave-in & Deep Conditioners
- Best Treatments for Damaged Hair – Shampoos, Conditioners & Serums
- How to Repair Damaged Hair – Tangled, Split Ends & General Damage