Hair Breakage – Meaning, Best Products and African American Hair Breaking
Is your hair breaking so much yet you do not seem to know a terrible thing whether it is hair breakage problem or shedding? Learn more on what is hair breakage (meaning), shedding, the best products to use, African American hair breakage, amongst many other things.
What Is Hair Breakage – Definition and Meaning
- What Is Hair Breakage – Definition and Meaning
- Best Anti-Hair Breakage Products to Use – Protein and Shampoo for Hair Breakage
- African America Hair Breakage – Kinky Hair
- How to Stop Hair Breakage from Coloring
Understanding the meaning and causes of hair breakages (African American, Crown and Hairline) is very important. Breakage and shedding of hair are two terms, which are often confused and used interchangeably. However, they do not mean the same thing. Shedding is a natural process where hair that has completed its growth cycle naturally falls off from its base (bulb root) i.e. the entire strand falls off to give room for the growth of a new strand. However, it should not come along with its root since it will not be able to grow again and you are likely to suffer from permanent hair loss.
On the other hand, hair breakage refers to breaking, snapping and shattering of hair strands caused by various external forces and poor care. It is not a natural process but rather happens when hair can no longer stand the pressure exerted on it. Some of the causes of this breakage include poor handling, excessive manipulation, disease and conditions, hot hair processing, using wrong care accessories, excessive use of harsh chemicals, etc. This problem affects all types of hair ranging from the thin, kinky, tight curls, regularly treated, etc. You might get broken hair wisps or when you comb, the comb or hairbrush stops or is stuck in your hair.
Some people might suffer from mild breakage while others will have severe hair breakage. If you realizing you have a severe one, consider getting professional help. Furthermore, some people might have hair breakage around hairlines while others will have it at the crown.
Best Anti-Hair Breakage Products to Use – Protein and Shampoo for Hair Breakage
It’s normal to wonder what is good for hair breakage or what products can you use to stop this problem. Of course, there are many products you can turn to that range from protein for hair breakage, shampoos, leave in treatments, detangling sprays, etc. We are going to focus on more on protein, conditioners, moisturizers and shampoo for hair breakage
Protein for Hair Breakage – Best Brands
Since the hair’s composition is 70% keratin, a type of protein, protein for hair breakage can really help in reducing breakages and ensuring you have soft, lustrous, shiny and natural textured hair that can resists the external forces that will try to break it. Go for products such as:
- ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
- Coconut Oil Protein Keratin Conditioner Treatment
- Egg Treatment
- CHI Keratin Mist by Farouk Systems
- Redken Extreme Product Series
- Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Potion by Sexy Hair Concepts
- Protein Rx Reparative Treatment Mask by Frederic Fekkai
- Avalon Organics Rosemary Volumizing Shampoo with Wheat Protein
These are not the only protein for breaking hair you can go for. There are many others, which are equally good. However, ensure you see what users are saying, how they have rated them, etc before investing your money on any of these products.
Shampoo for Hair Breakage – Best Brands
If chosen well, shampoo for breaking hair can help both people who are suffering from mild to severe hair breakage. Some of the best shampoos you should consider include the following:
- Matrix Sleek Look Conditioner
- Garnier Fructis Fall Fight Fortifying Shampoo
- Redken – Diamond Oil Shampoo
- TRESemmé Anti-Breakage Shampoo & Conditioner system
In addition, you can try a good clarifying shampoo such as Neutrogena Anti-Residue clarifying shampoo as it has been found to help reduce or minimize breaking off hair.
Moisturizes To Give a Try
Still on best hair breakage products, never fail to moisturize your hair adequately using products such as KeraCare Humecto, Elucence Moisture Benefits Conditioner, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Crème of Nature Nourishing Conditioner, among many others.
You can also try protein conditioners like Motions CPR as well as Aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor as they have been found to work wonders.
Before buying any of the products for hair breakage, you need to do your homework and compare various products available before deciding on which one will be most suitable for you.
African America Hair Breakage – Kinky Hair
For those who might be interested in knowing a little more about the African American hair breakage or simply black hair breakage, they deserve to know that this hair type is the most vulnerable to breaking off when compared to other types. This is because it often tangles more and it is kinky.
While looking at causes of the breakages, we discussed something on African American’s hair breaking off. Just a quick recap, the main causes include tight plaiting, tangling, hair extension, using products that contain alcohol, and all the other causes that affect the other types of hairs.
To learn how to stop black hair breakage, look at how to stop hair breakage, there is a section that majored on African American hair breakage. it will be resourceful and you will learn various things including conditioning it regularly, moisturizing it, reducing treatments such as glued-in extensions, etc.
How to Stop Hair Breakage from Coloring
For those who are fond of coloring their hair, it is time they turn to organic dyes or natural ones such as henna that will cause little or no damage and breakages. The peroxides, chemicals and other bleaching agents found in most synthetic dyes are likely to weaken your hairs, making them more vulnerable.
Further Suggested Readings
- Which Are the Best Home Remedies for Hair Breakage?
- What Are the Best Ways of Preventing Hair Breakage Menace?
- Best Hair Breakage Treatments – How to Fix or Repair Breaking Hair
- Natural Hair Breakage – Causes, Prevention and How to Stop Natural Hair Breaking
- Broken Hair – How to Repair or Fix Broken Hair
- How do You Stop Hair Breakages Including Severe, Extreme and African American?
- What Causes Hair Breakages – Black, Crown Hair, Reasons for Breaking Hair
- Best and Latest Receding Hairline Haircuts and Hairstyles for Men and Women
- Receding Hairline – Ways to Prevent, Regrow and Stop Receding Hairline
- Receding Hairline Treatment, Cures and How to Regrow Receding Hair
- Receding Hair in Women Causes, Treatment, Home Remedies and How to Hide It
- Receding Hairline in Men & Teenagers – Meaning, Causes and Signs
- Best Conditioner for Damaged Hair – Leave-in, Deep, Intense and Drugstore
- Best Heat Damaged Hair Repair Treatments and Fixes
- Best Hair Masks for Damaged Hair Including Homemade
- Best Treatments for Damaged Hair – Shampoos, Conditioners & Serums
- Home Remedies for Damaged Hair – Olive, Egg, Almond & Lemon
- Dry Hair Causes – Dry Brittle, Extremely, Dry Damaged and Dry Ends
- Dry Brittle Hair- Causes, How to Treat & Home Remedies