Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles – Causes, Best Treatments, Remedies, Creams, How to Prevent, Reduce, Remove Wrinkles
What Are Under Eye Wrinkles – MeaningCause of Under Eye Wrinkles – What Causes These Wrinkles?How to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles – Fix, Reduce, Treat and CureHot to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles – TreatmentsHow to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles – Eye Wrinkle CreamsBest under Eye Wrinkle CreamNatural and Home Remedies for Wrinkles Under EyesHow to Prevent Under Eye WrinklesConclusionSee More on Dark Eye CirclesMore on Eye Bags and Puffy Eyes
Learn how to get rid of under eye wrinkles including info on what causes them, best treatments and cures such as botox, laser, dermal fillers, dermabrassion, best eye creams, home remedies and much more. Having wrinkles under eyes can make you look older. Moreover, your eyes are one of the most important features on your face. You cannot afford having wrinkles on them. While learning the various ways to get rid of wrinkles on your eyes, some of the main areas that will be covered in on under eye wrinkles include the following:
- What are wrinkles under eyes are they the same as dark circles under eyes ?
- What causes under eye wrinkles?
- What are the best wrinkles under eye treatments?
- What is Botox, dermabrasion, laser surfacing, dermal fillers and how do they help in treating wrinkles on eyes?
- How to you get rid of wrinkles under eyes?
- How can you prevent eye wrinkles?
- What are the best natural under eye wrinkles remedies?
What Are Under Eye Wrinkles – Meaning
Under eye wrinkles, also known as crow’s feet or smile lines refers to the fine lines, creases or ridges that form on the area around your eyes due to a number of causes. The underlying cause of eye wrinkles is the inability of the body to replace collagen and elastin proteins, which are essential for a vibrant and elastic skin and they help avoid wrinkles.
This couple with other causes of wrinkles under eyes we will discuss accelerated these wrinkles. Before we go to ways on how to get rid of eyebrow wrinkles, we need to spend some time to understand the cause of under eye wrinkles. Under eye wrinkles are commonly associated with dark under eye circles, eye bags under eyes and puffy eyes. They are not the same but affect the same area of the eye.
Cause of Under Eye Wrinkles – What Causes These Wrinkles?
To be able effectively to get rid of under eye wrinkles, you need to know the causes of under eye wrinkles for your case. Of course, these wrinkles are caused by different things.
We will begin by discussing the main cause of wrinkles under eyes. Afterwards, you can carefully consider each of the causes and see what could be causing these crow’s feet or smile lines on your eyes before you can begin looking for ways to overcome them. So, what are these causes?
Aging – The first and most common cause of eye wrinkles is aging. As people age it is normal to have wrinkles not just on eyes but also on your neck, face and so on.
As we age, our skin, especially in the sensitive parts loses elastin and collagen. This make it to thin, get creases more easily and permanently as well as have lesser moisture.
Smoking – The second cause of wrinkles under eyes is smoking. Smoking generally increases wrinkles on the body since it generates free radicals in the body. The free radicals will reduce the amounts of elastin and collagen in the skin. This will also make the skin dry. Furthermore, as you smoke, you are likely to squint when the smoke reaches your eyes, this too will cause under eye wrinkles.
Facial movements and expression – The various constant facial expressions is another main cause of eye wrinkles. As you laugh, squint or smile, your eyelid skin tends to get creases and with time, this will cause eye wrinkles (dynamic eye wrinkles).
Sunshine Exposure – The other cause of wrinkles under eyes is constant squinting due to exposure to sunshine. When walking out in a bright sunny day, you will naturally tend to squint to reduce amount of light reaching your eyes. This will cause under eye wrinkles, especially if you do this often.
Poor Facial Skin Care – Your facial skin, especially the one around your eyes should be well hydrated and moisturized. Whenever you do not moisturize or let your skin dry, it will form under eye wrinkles as you make facial movements and expressions. This cause of wrinkles under eyes is more seen in people with dry and dehydrated skins as opposed to those who have oily skins.
Genetics and Hereditary Factors – To some people the causes of wrinkles under eyes are hereditary. People whose eye wrinkles are caused by genetic factors often start having them at young age. Some of the genetical factors that contribute to under eye wrinkles include the amount of skin that someone has, natural oils, elastin and collagen quality, among many other factors.
How to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles – Fix, Reduce, Treat and Cure
While discussion how to get rid of eye wrinkles, we are going to take a wide approach that will entail the various approaches you can take. We want you completely to deal the problem of under eye wrinkles. Therefore, we are going to tackle it by looking at the three main ways to get rid of wrinkles under eyes, which include medical treatment, the use of anti eye wrinkle creams, and natural remedies.
Hot to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles – Treatments
The first way to get rid of under eye wrinkles is going for treatments. There are many procedures, which are used for eye wrinkles treatment. Each of the methods has its own advantages and disadvantages. Ensure you understand what each method entails before you invest your money in the specific treatment you have chosen. Some of the top methods for under eye wrinkles treatments include the following:
Laser under Eye Wrinkles Treatments – Fine micro laser light are used to reach wrinkles that might be in your under eye skin sub layers to treats the support structure for aging. Some of the way they work is poking microscopic holes on your wrinkled eyelid skin. This gives the skin a chance to heal and regenerate production of new collagen.
There are various under eye wrinkle laser treatment procedures you can go for and each has its own pros and cons. The common ones include Fraxel Re:Store and Fractional CO2
Dermal Fillers for under Eye Wrinkle Treatments – The other option to get rid of wrinkles under eyes is dermal fillers. Dermal fillers are an effective way to treat under eye wrinkles where some filler are used to replace the lost volume on your eyelids. This helps in getting rid of wrinkles. Most of the dermal fillers last for up to a year and they will get rid of wrinkles under eyes immediately.
Botox or Dysport under Eye Wrinkles Treatments – This method of under eye wrinkle treatment help to get rid of dynamic wrinkles as well as prevent new ones from forming. They help in relaxing muscles, which often cause eye wrinkles around your eyes and forehead.
The method is similar to dermal fillers, however for this case, you will be injected with botulinum toxins that are inactive to help paralyze muscles around your eyes and help in smoothing wrinkles. Its effects last for almost a year after which you have to go for another injection.
Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion – The ways to get rid of eye wrinkles are endless, you could also opt for dermabrasion and microdermabrasion removal of under eye wrinkles. This cosmetic way of treating wrinkles under eyes is where small and very fine wire brushes are used to scrub or sand away your wrinkled skin.
Of course, the process forms small wounds, which afterwards will be replaced by a youthful skin, which that will not have wrinkles. If you have very fine lines such as smile lines on your eyelids, you can opt for microdermabrasion since it is less invasive and will ensure you recover faster.
How to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles – Eye Wrinkle Creams
The second way to get rid of under eye wrinkles is the use of eye wrinkle creams or creams for eye wrinkles. These creams work in reducing eye wrinkles or making them less visible. Each of the eye wrinkle creams has a specific role it does. Some of them are for firming, anti aging roles, moisturizing, others lifting and so on. Ensure you know the exact role that a certain best eye wrinkle cream you intend to buy is going to help you.
Best under Eye Wrinkle Cream
To help you choose some of the best creams for eye wrinkles, we came up with a long list of some of the best eye wrinkle creams after reviewing various products, looking at user feedback and rating. This list of best under eye wrinkle cream is not conclusive and it should not generate any reaction. Instead, it should serve as a buying guide or a starting point for people who want to buy the best under eye creams. So what are some of the best eye wrinkle creams you can go for?
- Neutrogena Anti-Oxidant Age Reverse Eye Cream from Ageless Restoratives
- Jurlique Purely Age-Defying Eye Cream
- RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Filler
- L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair Eye
- Dermalogica Total Eye Care
- Olay Professional Eye Wrinkle Complex
- Decléor Expression De L’age Relaxing Eye Cream
- Clarins Eye Revive Beauty Flash
- Yves Saint Laurent Forever Youth Liberator Eye Cream
- Dr Hauschka Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream
- Skinceuticals Aox+ Eye Gel
- Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream
- Nivea Visage Q10 Refreshing Eye Roll-On
- Clinique Anti-Gravity Firming Eye Lift Cream
- Philosophy Eye Believe Peptide
- Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum
- Mary Kay TimeWise Firming Eye Cream
- Relastin Eye Silk
- MAC Fast Response Eye Cream
- Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Extreme Ultra Firming Eye Creme
- Lancome Renergie Microlift Eye R.A.R.E
- Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Eye Cream
- Patricia Wexler M.D. Dermatology Intensive 3-in-1 Eye Cream
However, before you spend your money on any of the above best eye wrinkle creams; ensure you read several reviews, customer ratings and comments. This is the only way to be certain that the specific best eye cream you have gone for will work for you. We do not endorse any of the above best wrinkles creams.
Other than the above best creams for eye wrinkles, you still need to get eye creams such as the UV protection creams e.g. Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Eye Contour Care Ultra Protection SPF 30, and firming creams such as Chanel Ultra Correction Lift Total Eye Lift. If you have sensitive eyes go for, sensitive eye creams e.g. Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream while for moisturizing eye creams try Shiseido Future Solution LX Eye and Lip Contour Regenerating Cream and RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Eye Creams.
Natural and Home Remedies for Wrinkles Under Eyes
Natural and home remedies are a great way on how to get rid of eye wrinkles. They are considerably easier and cheaper ways to get rid of rid of under eye wrinkles without having to spend a fortune or exposing your body to possible health risks of using eye wrinkle creams or eye wrinkle treatments which we have already discussed.
Generally, the natural or home remedies for eye wrinkles revolve around some natural products, diet, massages, lifestyle changes part of which will be discussed in prevention of under eye wrinkles as well as exercises.
Eye Massages Get Rid of under Eye Wrinkles – Eye massage is one of the great ways to get rid of eye wrinkles, which you need try. First, ensure you have clean your hands and using a few drops of the various oils such as grape seed oil, olive oil or coconut oil to massage your under eyes with gently circular motions using your pinkies tip. Ensure you apply gentle and even pressure while messaging them and do that for a few minutes to ensure the oils have been absorbed into your skin.
Eye massage will not only help to get rid of eye wrinkles but also better your eyesight since it will increase blood circulation to the eyes. Increased blood circulation will boost nutrients and oxygen supply to the eyes. Furthermore, the eye wrinkle massaging oils contain vitamin E and other antioxidants which will fasten repair and regeneration of your under eye skin. You should massage your eyes twice a day.
Eye Exercises to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles – The second natural or home remedy for under eye wrinkles is massage. By exercising your eyes, you will strengthen the various eye muscles you have which will help reduce eye wrinkles you have already developed and prevent more from appearing.
To do eye exercise for wrinkle removal, put your middle fingers on your eyes and try lifting the fingers using your eye muscles. Once you have lifted the fingers using these muscles, hold in that position for about 3 seconds before you can release the muscles. Ensure you do at least 10 eye exercise for wrinkle removal daily.
Eye Masks to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles – The other natural or home remedy for wrinkles under eyes is use of eye masks. Homemade eye masks have been found effectively to help to get rid of under eye wrinkles as well as any fine lines that might be forming. You will be required to use the eye masks for removing eye wrinkles about 2 to three times a week.
The procedure for using eye wrinkle masks is to use a mild cleanser to wash your face, apply the mask on your eyes and let it remain there for at least 30 minutes. Remove it and rinse your face or eyes with warm water.
Going to the actual homemade eye masks for getting rid of wrinkles under eyes, we have the egg white eye masks which has vitamins, that will nourish the skin and make the under eye skin tighter.
Honey eye masks are a good home remedy for eye wrinkles. Honey will help in exfoliation of the skin, removal of dead skin, bacteria, dirt, and reduces the depths of any under eye wrinkles you might be having. Honey is also known to make the skin firmer and more elastic as it will promote collagen production. The skin that will be replaced will be much more firm.
The finally eye masks to help get rid of wrinkles under eyes is the cucumber eye mask. You will need to blend thoroughly two slices of cucumber, half a teaspoon of lemon juice, a capsule of vitamins, and two yoghurt teaspoons. You can then apply the paste formed.
There are many other home remedies for getting rid of wrinkles under eyes most of which have been discussed under prevention of under eye wrinkles below. Ensure you adhere to each of them if you do not want any more wrinkles on your eyes.
How to Prevent Under Eye Wrinkles
Prevention is better than cure, you need to prevent eye wrinkles instead of waiting until they have affected you so much before you can start treating them. Most of the ways of preventing wrinkles under eyes revolve around dealing with the causes of wrinkles under eyes. So what are some of these ways of preventing under eye wrinkles?
- Quit smoking and limit the amount of alcohol you drink since alcohol has the tendency of dehydrating the skin.
- To keep your body hydrated, ensure you drink at least eight glasses of water daily.
- Avoid going to direct sunshine, as it will make you squint and thereby cause under eye wrinkles. Whenever you are going to direct sunshine, ensure you wear sunglasses to help prevent wrinkles under eyes by reducing the squints you make as you glare on direct sunlight.
- If you are exposed to any factors that are likely to generate free radicals such as work pressure, stress, etc, try using foods that are rich in antioxidants to help neutralize the free radical that damage the skin. Go for anti aging radicals including omega-3 fatty acids. All these will help to prevent under eye wrinkles.
- Use eye creams that hydrate your skin to keep dryness and dehydration which as we have already seen are one of the causes of under eye wrinkles. Applying sunscreens and moisturizers will also help and it is highly recommended before you eventually develop the wrinkles.
- Finally, to help prevent wrinkles under eyes, ensure you have adequate sleep and rest to give your skin time to rejuvenate and repair.
There are many other ways to prevent wrinkles under eyes, which revolve around diet and proper care of your eyes. Wear a hut; invest in good quality face moisturizers, try avocado, lemon slices, pineapple etc.
While looking on how to get rid of under eye wrinkles, we have discussed various issues, which include home or natural remedies, treatments, prevention and some of the best eye creams for wrinkles. You definitely know the causes these wrinkles as well as what they are.
See More on Dark Eye Circles
- How to Cure Dark under Eye Circles –Treatments and Advice
- Dark Eye Circles Remedies – Natural and Home Dark Circles under Eye Treatments
- How to Get Rid of Dark Circles under Eyes – Remedies, Cure, Treatments
- Best Eye Creams for Dark Circles – Choosing, Tips, Secrets, Top Eye Creams
- Dark Circles Under Eyes Causes – What Is and Why They Come?
More on Eye Bags and Puffy Eyes
- Causes of Eye Bags – What They Are and Prevention of Under Eye Bags
- How to Get Rid of Eye Bags – Cures, Remedies and Treatments for Under Eye Bags
- Causes of Puffy Eyes – What Is Eye Puffiness, Prevention and Symptoms
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Cures, Remedies and Treatments
You May Also Like
- Causes of Red Eyes – Symptoms, Reasons and Why You Have Red Eyes
- Red Bloodshot Eyes –Symptoms, Causes, Get Rid, Cures, Remedies of Blood Shot Eyes
- Get Rid of Red Eyes – Cures, Remedies, Redness in Eyes Treatment
- Red Eye in Photos – Causes, Prevention and How to Fix Red Eye Pictures
- Red Eye in Dogs – Causes, Symptoms, Cure, Remedies, Treatment of Cats and Dogs with Red Eyes