Eyelash Glue – Best Brands, How to Remove and Apply Duo, Revlon or Ardell Eyelash Adhesive
What is eyelash glue or adhesive? What is the best lash glues? What is it used for? How do I Choose the best brands or apply them? Get answers to all this questions and many others you might be having on glues used or eyelashes.
What it is Eyelash Glue?
- What it is Eyelash Glue?
- How to Choose Eyelash Glue
- Best Eyelash Glue Brands – Top Brands
- Best Eyelash Adhesives Overall
- Best Latex Eyelash Glues –Contains Rubber
- Best Latex Free Eyelash Glues – For people Allergic to Rubber
- Best Cream Eyelash Adhesives
- Best Dark False Eyelash Glues
- Best Waterproof False eyelash Adhesives
- Best Long Lasting Eyelash Glues
- How to Apply Eyelashes Glue Video Guide
- Steps for Using Fake Eyelashes Glue
- How to Remove Eyelashes Glue
- Read More on False or Fake Eyelashes
- See More on Eyelash Extensions
- Suggested Further Reading
Eyelash glue or eyelash adhesive refers to a beauty product, which is used to hold false or fake eyelashes either between or on top of natural eyelashes or on the lash line. This glue or adhesive comes in either a clear or a white paste that becomes transparent after drying, or it could be tinted. Although some false eyelashes come with an adhesive pre-packed, this adhesive is to be used on the first instance of wearing them. Afterwards, when you want to put on the false eyelashes again (for eyelashes that can be worn severally), you have to at least get one.
Other than fixing false eyelashes, it can be use on the face and neck area to fix other beauty things such as ‘germ like accents’ or sequins on the face, décolletage and neck areas. Furthermore, it could be used in mounting costumes to the skin.
How to Choose Eyelash Glue
When choosing eyelash glue, it is important to know that there are different types of eye lash glues that exist. You also deserve to know how each of the them is used. This knowledge can guide you on what to choose and when to choose which type of eyelash adhesive. Of course, some false lashes come with their own formulated glue, especially those worn only once. However, most of the eyelashes worn repeatedly might require you to buy a separate bottle of eye lash glue.
The first consideration when choosing the is their types. There are essentially three main types of eye lash glues in the market namely latex, liquid and cream glue types.
- Latex Eyelashes Glues – Are made from rubber and they are the most traditional types of eye lash adhesives. They are used to stick fake eyelashes when they are half-dry (apply, wait for them to slightly dry –half way dry and stick your eyelashes). Can be cleaned off easily but unsuitable for people who are sensitive to rubber.
- Liquid eyelashes Glues – they come as liquid solutions. They are more permanent and need a eye lash glue remover.
- Cream eyelashes Glues – Come in cream form and requires skillful application or you will end up with a lumpy and uneven looking false eyelashes. Messy applications can lead to unnatural looks and you need to be carefully when using this type of eye lash glue.
Other than types, there are two kinds of eyelashes glue for false eyes, the regular and the waterproof eyelash glue. People who might be exposed to humid conditions, have teary eyes, likely to cry or have chances of water splashing on their face, are advised to use waterproof. Waterproof can be worn for similar reasons as waterproof mascara. However, it harder to remove compared to the regular lash glues or adhesive although it holds the false eyelashes much better than most of the other types.
The other important consideration to make when you are choosing eyelashes adhesive is its color. Although most adhesives become clear when they dry up, irrespective of whether they were clear or white when in their bottles, there are a few tinted eyelash adhesives designed to match the eyeliner type one is wearing. Black eyelashes glue will for instance work perfectly well with someone wearing a darker eyeshadow or black eyeliner. However, you could still use clear eye lash glue but cover it with your eyeliner instead of going for tinted eyelash glues.
Before using any eye lash adhesive, it is important to test its suitability for your skin type. People who have sensitive skins need carefully to choose an eye lash glue for sensitive skins. In addition to that, before trying any eye lash glue, you need to conduct a patch test to confirm if your skin will react or not react to the specific eye lash glue, you have chosen.
Price is an important consideration when choosing ey elash adhesives and prices vary from one brand to another. With around $10, you should be able to buy most of the eyelash glues but this price could be as little as $3 or more than $10.
Best Eyelash Glue Brands – Top Brands
We have looked at how to choose the best eyelash glue and what eye lash glues are. It is time to look at some of the best brands. We tested and tried various brands before coming with the list below, which has been broken down to the various types of eye lashes for you to choose easily. Of course, the list of the best eye lash glues is not conclusive. Therefore, it should not emanate any feeling because we are not endorsing any of the eyelash adhesives. So what are these best lash glues?
Best Eyelash Adhesives Overall
- Ardell LashTite Adhesive Latex Free
- Duo Clear-White
- Andrea Waterproof Clear Tone
- Shu Umera
- Ardell LashGrip Adhesive
- Duo Water Proof Eyelashes Adhesive, Dark Tone
- Revlon Precision Lashes Adhesive
- Duo Eyelash Adhesive Clear-White
- Vincent Longo Latex-Free
- DUP Eyelash Fixer EX 552 Clear Type
Best Latex Eyelash Glues –Contains Rubber
- M·A·C Duo Adhesive
- She Gloo – Adhesive (Dark)
- Select Lash – Adhesive
Best Latex Free Eyelash Glues – For people Allergic to Rubber
- Ardell Lash Tite Latex-Free Eyelash Adhesive
- Ardell Brush-On Eyelashes Adhesive Latex Free
- Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive
- Party All Night – Latex Free Eye Lash Glue in Clear by NYX Cosmetics
Best Cream Eyelash Adhesives
- 1 Pc Professional Eye Cream
- Marie Beauty EYE CREAM
- Multi Purpose Fashion Eye Cream False
Best Dark False Eyelash Glues
- Ardell LashGrip
- Duo Water Proof , Dark Tone
- Ardell LashTite Adhesive
- NYX Stuck On You Eye Lash Glue Jet Black
- Andrea Mod for Strip Lashes – Dark
Best Waterproof False eyelash Adhesives
- She Gloo Lash Adhesive Waterproof
- Duo Water Proof Dark Tone
- Salon Perefct Strip Eyelashes Adhesive Clear
- Star for Strip Lashes
- Andrea Eyelash Adhesive Waterproof Clear Tone
- Kiss Strip
Best Long Lasting Eyelash Glues
- Ardell LashGrip
Although we have listed the best eyelash glues above, you still have the obligation of reading various eye lash glue reviews, user ratings and comments before purchasing them. This will ensure you not only get the best brand but also avoid products that are highly hyped when they might not be the best.
How to Apply Eyelashes Glue Video Guide
If you have your best false eyelashes and glue, you need know how to apply false eyelashes. How to apply false eyelashes will be depended on the type of eyelashes you are using as well as how you want to apply them. The below how to apply false lashes video will also help you know how to apply eye lash glue.
Steps for Using Fake Eyelashes Glue
Generally, to apply it, you will hold the eyelashes using your fingertips, open your it, and apply a thin layer on the clear band if you are using strip eyelashes. Alternatively, you could put a few drops of the glue on clean surface, let it dry a bit and using a tooth pick, spread it on the root of your fake eyelash strip. The steps of how to apply false eyelash will make everything clear because we will cover how to apply the various type of eyelashes.
How to Remove Eyelashes Glue
Before you go to bed, you have to remove your eyelashes. During the process of removing your eyelashes, you will of course remove the eyelash glue. You cannot remove it without remove your false eyelashes. For instructions on how to remove false eyelashes, see How to Apply and Remove False Eyelashes
The discussion has been very long. We have seen how to choose, some of the best brands to buy, what they are as well as the various types of eye lash glues.