Eyebrow Waxing – Best Kits, How to Wax Eyebrows,Tips, Professional Salons Home Costs and Men Brow Waxing
Eyebrow waxing is a great way of creating a balance in your face and accentuating your eyebrows. You do not want to walk around with unruly or bushy eyebrows that will scare everyone. Learn more about professional and home brow waxing, best eyebrow waxing kits, tips, women, men or male br
ow waxing and much more in this article. Some of the areas that have been covered in this article include the following.
- What is it and what are the benefits of home and professional waxing of eyebrows
- What are the best brow waxing kits?
- What are the steps for waxing eyebrows? How do you wax eyebrows?
- What are some of best tips, secrets and advises to use when you want to wax your brows?
- How much do waxing brows costs
- Is waxing men’s eyebrows ok?
What is Eyebrow Waxing?
- What is Eyebrow Waxing?
- Professional Eyebrow Waxing
- Benefits of Going to professional Salon to Have Your Eyebrows Waxed
- Home Eyebrow Waxing
- Best Eyebrow Waxing Kits
- How to Wax Eyebrows – Steps, Tutorials, Guides
- Thing You Will Need for Eyebrow Waxing
- Steps for Home Waxing of Eyebrows
- After Care for Waxed Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Waxing Tips, Secrets and Advices
- How Much Does Eyebrow Waxing Costs
- Male or Men Eyebrow Waxing
- See More on Eyebrow Makeup
- More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Suggested Further Reading
Eyebrow waxing is a semi permanent process of eyebrow hair removal that gets rids of hair from its root. It is semi-permanent because eventually after around 2 to 8 weeks, the plucked eyebrow hair will grow back. Waxing is not only done to eyebrows but also other hairs including leg, face, arms, back, abdomen, bikini area, etc. This process is done by mainly women, although a few men wax their eyebrows too. Waxing of eyebrows can be done both at home and in professional salons.
Professional Eyebrow Waxing
When it comes to waxing of eyebrows, many people often want to do it at home. This is not a bad idea; however, if you want the most professional looks, going to professional eyebrow waxing salon is a brilliant idea. This process is done in private rooms on facial beds. A bright light that will magnify your eyebrows will also be used.
Most of these professional spars and salons for waxing eyebrows can offer consultation in case you have no idea since they have trained and experienced professionals. Some do offer other eyebrow grooming services such as eyebrow shaping, eyebrow dying, eyebrow tinting, eyebrow threading, and so on.
You will get many professional eyebrow waxing salons in various places in the US including Charlotte NC, Dallas, Raleigh NC, Chicago, Portland Oregon, Tucson, Atlanta, Columbus Ohio, Minneapolis, Charleston SC, etc
Benefits of Going to professional Salon to Have Your Eyebrows Waxed
To some people, eyebrow waxing at home is a daunting task and they would rather go to a professional salon. Some of the below benefits are among the reasons why there is surge in professional salons:
- Professional salons have experts who are both experienced with some of them being licensed cosmetologist and aesthetician. This will ensure you get the best of services. However, you should not assume that a licensed professional would necessarily do the best job. Ensure you look at the works a certain expert has done before or get referrals from family and friends.
- Professional salons for waxing eyebrows will provide quicker services. Within 5 to 10 minutes, you will be done. However, this time will be longer if you need special refining or your eyebrows are not easy to shape.
- Some of the professionals working in eyebrow waxing spas could help in designing your eyebrows as you wish. This will however, require you clearly to elaborate to them what you need. If you let them do it, you might not get the desired looks.
There are some disadvantages associated with relying on professional eye brow waxing by salons, which include the following:
- Professional eyebrow waxing comes at a cost of around $5 to $50 depending on the nature of salon, location and expertise. This is higher compared to doing the job at home.
- It is not easy to explain the exact looks you want created compared to doing it yourself.
Home Eyebrow Waxing
Home eyebrow waxing will be the main dwelling of this article. We are going to cover a lot more about it including how to wax eyebrows, kits for waxing eyebrows, tips, secrets and advises to ensure you look amazing. To begin, we will look at the benefits of home waxing of eyebrows.
- It is much affordable since attracts a cost of $25 -$100 to buy the kit. However, the kit can serve you severally.
- It will ensure you get the looks and results you need. You are the best judge of yourself. However, you need to have the right skill for removing the hairs you want removed while leaving the rest. We will cover that comprehensively on how to wax eyebrows.
- Although home brow waxing will take longer, around 20 minutes, you should not be worried since it is not done daily but once in a few weeks. As you get experience, you will also be able to do them much faster.
There are many other benefits of home eyebrow waxing especially those that related to the fact that you are in control. Since this process needs you to have the correct kits, let us get details on these kits.
Best Eyebrow Waxing Kits
To be able to wax eyebrows at home, you need to get one of the best eyebrow waxing kits. There are many best kits available in the market. We reviews quite a number of products before coming up with the below list. If you do not see your best eyebrow waxing kit, this list is subjective and not all-inclusive.
- Sally Hansen Microwavable Eyebrow, Face & Lip Wax Kit
- Nad’s Brazilan & Bikini Wax Kit, 4.9-Ounces
- Parissa Mini Wax Strips Eyebrow Design 32ct
- Nair Ultra Precision Face and Eyebrow Wax Roll-On
- Anastasia Pro Wax Kit
- Nair® Salon Divine Precision Facial Wax Kit
- MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit
- Professional Studio Eyebrow Kit
- MOOM Organic Eyebrow Shaping Kit
- Surgi -Care Surgi-Wax Trim & Shape Kit For Face & Bikini
- Veet Body/Bikini/Face Wax Kit
- Andrea Hard Wax Kit
How to Wax Eyebrows – Steps, Tutorials, Guides
The most important part of this discussion is perhaps on how to wax eyebrows. The process is fairly simple and it will take about 20-25 minutes. However, it requires you to know how exactly you want to shape your eyebrows. Before you go for eyebrow waxing, you need to understand that it requires you to have brows of at least a quarter of an inch. Otherwise, the method might not be very effective.
Thing You Will Need for Eyebrow Waxing
Before we look at how to wax eyebrows, you need to know the things you need and avail them. This will make the exercise of waxing eyebrows very easy.
- Baby powder
- Wax cleanser
- Pre-wax cleanser
- Wax applicator
- Wax warmer
- Pellon strips or muslin
- Wax remover
Steps for Home Waxing of Eyebrows
Once you have all the things you require, you can follow the below steps for perfect waxing of brows:
- Before you begin on eyebrow waxing, shape your eyebrows to the desired shape. See more on How to Shape Eyebrows for tips, ideas, process and much more. You can also see the popular eyebrow shapes for different faces including oval, square, oblong, heartshaped, diamond shaped faces, etc, too to get an idea.
- Hold back your hair to avoid it being waxed as during brow waxing.
- If necessary, trim your eyebrows. People who have bushy eyebrows, both men and women can learn how to tame busy eyebrows for more insight. Also, see how to trim eyebrows, tips, steps, ideas.
- Before you apply wax, you need to apply pre-wax cleanser. This cleanser can be followed by some light eyebrow powder application. This two are important if you want to get the best results from your effort on how to wax eyebrows or home eyebrow waxing.
- Using your eyebrow wax applicator, apply wax in the directly that your eyebrows grow. You need to be very careful to ensure all the eyebrows you want to remove have wax. However, do not apply a very thick wax layer because it is unnecessary. You will have to warm your wax before you apply it. When applying wax, you need to apply ONLY on hairs you want to remove and leave those you do not want to remove.
- The next step in eyebrow waxing is to cover your eyebrow with a strip (pellon or muslin) in the direction of your eyebrow growth. You should leave a part of the strip (extra) on the right sight to use when removing your strip. Firmly, press the strip in the direction, which your eyebrow grows several times to ensure it has been attached to the hairs, and let it cool slightly.
- By grasping the piece of strip that extended beyond the right side of your eyebrow and holding your eyebrow skin taut with the other hand, remove the strip with one single quick pull in the opposite direction of hair growth and not upwards. Many people do the mistake of pulling up instead of to the direction opposite eyebrow growth. If any hairs are remaining, replace back the strip and pull it again. The process might be a bit painful and you will be required to soothe the area.
- You have completed eyebrow waxing for one side of your eyebrow. Repeat the steps 5, 6 and 7 on other areas you need. For instance, if you began with lower right side of the left eyebrow, you need to go the upper side and the middle of your brows before going to the left eyebrow and repeating the steps.
- Any remaining hairs that will be remaining can be removed using tweezers. You can then fine tune your eyebrows and ensure they are in the shape you wanted without any mistakes.
- Clean any remaining wax using petroleum jelly, baby oil or wax remover.
- Apply after wax jelly or lotion, especially an aloe vera based one
After Care for Waxed Eyebrows
Once you are done with eyebrow waxing, there is some after care required to ensure everything goes on well. For instance, you need clean your brows using a wax cleanser. This will not only help in removing any reside that might be remaining but also help to soothe your skin and make redness much easy.
Eyebrow Waxing Tips, Secrets and Advices
We have comprehensively covered the steps for eyebrow waxing, some of the best waxing kits and professional waxing of eyebrows. You also need to know a few tips, secrets and advises you need at home to get the best results, which include the following:
- In case during the process of waxing your eyebrows, you make a major mistake, nothing that can be done. You will have to be patient until your eyebrows grow again. Learn on how to grow eyebrows back fast. Meanwhile you will have to use good eyebrow pencils to hide the error. On the other hand, if you realize that you have created very thick eyebrows, you can correct the mistake and make them thinner.
- If you are not accurate, go to a professional for assistance.
- During the process of eye brow waxing, ensure you stand in front of a large mirror and not holding one in your hand. This process requires much keenness if perfect results will be achieved.
- Before try any of the kits, it is advisable you try using your hand or leg to know how it feels. You can also test using a small amount of wax on your eyebrow and see if you can bear up with the exercises.
- People who fear the pain of eyebrow waxing can rely on numbing sprays. Apply the numbing spray on the places you want to wax before you can begin waxing it. This will ensure you do not feel much pain.
- Ensure you are CAREFUL when waxing your eyebrows since any mistake you might difficult to remove, especially if you remove eyebrows in areas you did not want to remove.
- When reaping off the muslin strip, being quick and fast will ensure better results. Your eyes should be relaxed.
- Some makeup artists advise people to apply petroleum jelly on the areas they do not want to remove eyebrows. This seems a good idea but must be carefully executed if eye brow waxing results are to be perfect. Only can hamper the working of eyebrow waxes if it goes to areas you want to remove eyebrows.
How Much Does Eyebrow Waxing Costs
Although already mentioned earlier in our discussion of professional and home eyebrow waxing. We want to revisit the issue once more. When going for professional brow waxing, the prices will be varying even beyond the $50 in some specialized.
In normal salons, you will spend around $5 to 15$ for both the eyebrows. However, if you are still asking how much does eye brow waxing costs and you stepped into a specialized eyebrow waxing salon like Anastasia Brow Studio in New York City or Shobha, do not be surprised if you are told to pay up to $500. Furthermore, other than the high costs, you might also be required to book an appointment if you are to visit such places.
Male or Men Eyebrow Waxing
Male eyebrow waxing is truly a controversial subject with some men saying it is ok to wax eyebrows while others recommend trimming of bushy eyebrows only. The truth is many men go for this service, no wonder there are many men waxing eyebrows in San Jose, CA, Sacramento, NYC and the rest of the locations across the world.
There is nothing wrong with eyebrow waxing for men. In fact, some men have quite unruly eyebrows, which might make them look awful. However, during brow waxing for men, they should not go the various styles, which women opt for like creating thin eyebrows or shaping them in certain ways as this might make have a feminine frame. They should keep it simple and hardly unnoticeable. Leaving your eyebrows not groomed might give you unsightly appearance and turn off some people, especially women.
See More on Eyebrow Makeup
- Best Eyebrow Pencil – How to Choose, Apply, Benefits and Secrets for Brow Pencils
- Eyebrow Dye – How to, Tips, Choosing, Risks and Best Eyebrow Dye Kits
- Best Eyebrow Powder – Tips, How to Choose and Apply Eyebrow Powders
- Eyebrow Tinting – Best, Tips, Tint Types, How to Choose and Tint Eyebrows
- Best Eyebrow Stencils – Types, Tips, How to Choose and Use Stencils for Eyebrows
- How to Color Eyebrows and Choose Brow Colors, Tips, Secrets and Advices
More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Eyebrow Shaping Guide – How to, Tips, Men and Women Eyebrow Shaping
- How to Arch Eyebrows – Step and Tips for Eyebrow Arching
- How to Trim Eyebrows for Women, Men and Tips for Brow Trimming
- How to Tweeze Eyebrows – Best Tweezers, Tips , Tweezing
- Eyebrow Threading – Tips, Benefits, Services, How to, Cons of Brow Threading
- Plucking Eyebrows – How to, Tips and Ways to Reduce Pain
- Best Eyebrow Shapes for Different Face Shapes
Suggested Further Reading
- Celebrities with No Eyebrows – With and Without Eyebrows Looks?
- How to Grow Eyebrows Fast – Tips, Advice, Grow Eyebrows Back
- Thin Eyebrows Causes, Tips, and How to Fill How to Thin Eyebrows
- Bushy eyebrows – Tips, Advice, How to Trim Bushy Eyebrows and Celebrities with Bushy Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Loss – Causes, Remedies, Treatment and Cures
- How to Get Thick Eyebrows – Tricks, Tips, Ideas and Ways to Get Thicker Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Tattoos – Costs, Benefits, Cons, Permanent Eyebrows Procedure
- Eyebrow Piercings Guide – Types, Healing, After Care, Jewelry, Process, Tips