Eyebrow Tinting – Best Kits, How to Tint Eyebrows, Tips, Choosing Tint Types, Before and After Looks
What is eyebrow tinting and what are the best eyebrow tints? Brow tinting is a great way of getting lush looking eyebrows that will accentuate all your other facial features. Before you jump to using them, you need to know what they are, types and some of the best kits for tinting eyebrows. All the safety concerns, using tips as well as how to tint eyebrow correctly and much has been well covered.
Table of Contents
- What Is Eyebrow Tinting?
- Types of Eyebrow Tints
- 1. Temporary Eyebrow Tinting/Cosmetic
- 2. Semi Permanent Eyebrow Tinting
- How to Choose Eyebrow Tints
- The Best Eyebrow Tinting Kit – Top Brands
- How to Tint Eyebrows -For Semi Permanent Eyebrow Tints
- Dangers, Risks and Side Effects of Eyebrow Tints
- Eyebrow Tinting Precautions
- Eyebrow Tinting Tips, Secrets, Advices and Ideas
- Eyebrow Tinting Before And After
- See More on Eyebrow Makeup
- More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Suggested Further Reading
What Is Eyebrow Tinting?
Eyebrow tinting refers to the process of changing or coloring your eyebrows using a certain shade or a variety of shades. It could be a temporary process which is done every day or a semi permanent when which if often done in beauty salons or even at home following the correct instruction just as in the case of eyebrow dyes.
If you go for a semi permanent eyebrow tinting, you will realize it is a much easier process compared using brow pencils, powders, or even tinted brow gels as it give looks that are more natural and it gets rid of the hustle of applying the temporary brow tints daily.
Tinting eyebrow is also known to enhance the brows looks and making them more defined. If a complimenting color is used in eye brow tinting, you can actually accentuate your other facial features, especially your eye color.
Types of Eyebrow Tints
As mentioned earlier, there are two types of eyebrow tints and you need carefully to know the benefits and downsides of each before settling for any.
1. Temporary Eyebrow Tinting/Cosmetic
This type of brow tinting is done everyday just as in the case of using other eye makeup like mascara, eyeliner , eyeshadow , etc. which has to be washed off in the evening before going to bed using the correct makeup remover.
Temporary eyebrow tints are found in liquid and gels and come in different colors. You should choose a color that will best compliment your eye colors. Temporary tints are applied using applicators, which are often sold together with the tints.
You can buy this types of tints in your local beauty and cosmetic shops or online and they will help in creating a defined look, stop straying eyebrows thus you will have less messy looking eyebrows.
2. Semi Permanent Eyebrow Tinting
People who do not know how to apply temporary tints or want something that can lasts longer, should go for semi permanent eyebrow tinting. Unlike the temporary brow tinting, this stays for some time and fades away slowly.
Although you can do it at home and we are going to look at how to tint eyebrows, it will look much better if it done by professionals who can choose the correct color of tints. They are much brow dyes if not the same and their lifespan is between 4 and 8 weeks. However, they will be fading slowly until they finally disappear.
How to Choose Eyebrow Tints
When choosing the right eyebrow tints to use, many factors are normally taken into account. This is to ensure you go for what will compliment your other facial features and hair color. Of course, these tints come in many colors and you will get virtually any color you need.
When choosing eye brow tint, you need to go for a color that is slightly subtle than the color shade of your hair. If you are dying a color that is closer to original eye brow colors, go for aa color that is one shade lighter tint.
People with darker hair should choose darker eyebrow tints while those with lighter hair go for lighter shades. If you choose a wrong tinting color, your looks might be ruined. Blonde-haired women are discouraged from using very black brow tints, as this will create a sharp contrast.
Finally on how to choose eyebrow tints, you need to be certain if you want temporary eyebrow tints or permanent ones. Ask your vendor or research before you buy any brow tinting kit. You do not want to buy a semi permanent tinting kit thinking it is temporary. Imagine how embarrassing it would be.
The Best Eyebrow Tinting Kit – Top Brands
If you love to tint your eyebrows and you are looking for the best eyebrow tint kits, you need to understand that they come in various color and hues. Ensure you choose an eyebrow tint kit that will compliment your facial and hair color. We reviewed a number of these kits and came up the below list as some of the best kits you can purchase.
- Godefroy Instant Eye brow Tint Permanent Color Kit
- Eyebrow Tint Permanent Eye brow Color Kits
- Roux Lash & Brow Tint
- Miracle Brow Tint Kit
- Refectocil permanent eye brow tint
- Natural Black Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit
- Eylure Dylash Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit
- Refectocil Eyelash Eye brow Tint Kit 3 1 Light Brown
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel
- Laura Geller Brow Tint and Taming Gel
- New Kiss Tinted Brow Gel & Pencil Duo
- nastasia Tinted Brow Gel For Eye brow Control, Brunette
- Laura Geller Brow Tint & Gel Tamer
If you do not see your favorite kits, you need not to be afraid since the list of the best eyebrow tinting kits is not all-inclusive. However, before buying any of these kit, it is advisable you read many online reviews, compare eyebrow tints prices, customer rating and comments to ensure you choose the correct product.
How to Tint Eyebrows -For Semi Permanent Eyebrow Tints
From the above discussion on brow tints and some of the best eye brow tinting kits, you must have found the right one for you. We need now to discussion how to tint eyebrows. As you will realize, the steps on how to tint eyebrows are a relative simple to follow.
However, getting a professional will ensure more perfect looks. Here are the steps are for SEMI PERMANENT eyebrow tints.
- Before you begin tinting your eyebrows, it is important to shape your eyebrows which will involve trimming, tweezing, waxing or threading them a day earlier. It is not advisable to do these things after applying eyebrows tints.
- Using lukewarm water, and a mild facial cleaner, clean and pat your eyebrows to ensure they are dry. You should not apply eyebrow tints on wet eyebrows.
- Prepare your eyebrow tint using the instructions that are found on the specific brow tinting kit. Different manufacturers might have different instructions.
- Using cotton swabs, apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly like Vaseline on the area around your eyes but not on the eyebrows. This is to protect the area from brow tint for the case of semi permanent. Any color that gets onto the petroleum jelly you applied will be much easier to remove as opposed it coming into direct contact with your skin.
- Begin applying your eyebrow tint by brushing the eyebrow tint using an brow brush or an applicator if the specific eyebrow tinting kit you have came with has one. You need begin from the inner end of your eyebrows and work outwards. Ensure you are thorough and each eyebrow strand has well been colored.
- Wait for the recommended time after you are through with applying your eyebrow tint, to let it set. Ensure you do not exceed the time that has been recommended.
- Once your eyebrow tint has been set, use cotton swabs to remove excess tint from your eyebrows.
- Finally, use a mild facial cleanser to wash your face again to remove all the remaining dye and the petroleum jelly you used. You can afterwards apply some moisturizer to your eyebrows.
These are the basic steps on how to tint eyebrows. You also need to consider the various advice that the tint vendor recommends.
Dangers, Risks and Side Effects of Eyebrow Tints
You have known how to tint eyebrows. You are likely to blindly get an eyebrow tinting kit and begin the process. However, you need to know there are dangers, risks, and side effects of eyebrow tints.
I often get the questions concerning safety of eyebrow tints where people are asking if it is safe to use them or what their risks are or side effects.
Of course, I understand it is perfectly normal to want to change how your eyebrows look when you have changed your hair dye. Let us discuss some of the dangers, risks and side effects of these tints.
Common side effects and risks of eyebrow tinting include eye skin irritation, granulomas (tissue inflammation over a small area), rushes (contact dermatitis) among many others. S
ome people might experience swelling, inflammation and in the worst rare scenario, they can cause blindness. You should know the fact that FDA does not approve any color additives to be used for eyebrow tinting i.e. “”There are no color additives approved by FDA for permanent dyeing or tinting of eyelashes and eyebrows.”
Eyebrow Tinting Precautions
The eyebrow tinting side effects may vary from one person to another. It is therefore important to carry allergy tests by placing a small patch of the chosen brand on your inner arm or neck region and waiting for at least 24 hours to see if there is any reaction.
To reduce the side effects of eyebrow tints, you need to go for those that are vegetable oil based tints, as they are less harsh. Furthermore, as Jeannette Graf, MD and a dermatologist notes, “If done by a well-trained and highly experienced esthetician or hair colorist who knows what she’s doing, it’s absolutely fine.”
The main concern is how safely you use brow tints and this is why it is recommended to go to a salon with experienced professional. It will cost you as little as 10 to 30 bucks and the work will be professional.
While using eyebrow tints, it is good to have lubricating eye drops or saline to use in rinsing your eyes if you happen to have very sensitive eyes. This will help reduce their sensitivity. Furthermore, when using them, it is highly advisable to ensure your eye area is protected.
Eyebrow Tinting Tips, Secrets, Advices and Ideas
You have covered in details how to apply eyebrow tints, how to choose them and even the dangers and risk that come with these products. We not want to discuss some of the very important tips, idea, secrets and advice for using brow tints that will go a long way in ensuring you look great.
- If you are allergic to most eyebrow tints, you could opt for eyebrow powders and gels, which are tinted. Although they might need you to apply them every day, they might reduce the risks you are exposed to while using brow tints.
- If you wear contact lenses, you need to ensure you remove them before applying eye brow tints and put them on after a day.
- Some people often use their hair tints on their eyebrows. It might be tempting doing so, but it is important to use brow tints, which have been made specifically for tinting eyebrows. This will reduce chances of allergic reactions or irritations.
- When using tints, temporary tints, especially tinted gels can help hide sports that are black i.e. eyebrow filling. Semi permanent eyebrow tints will only help in changing the color of your eyebrows for some time and not hiding disperse or any blank spots.
Eyebrow Tinting Before And After
To get a hint on what to expect if you are going for tint your eyebrows, here are a few eyebrow tinting before and after photos. You can also achieve such as the below after and before looks if you do it correctly.
You have covered quite a lot of details on eyebrow tints including how to tint eyebrow, some of the best eyebrow tinting kits, precautions, side effects and risks. You should ensure you follow the above ways on how to choose them, tips, advice and secrets if you want to get that exceptional look you yearn for.
See More on Eyebrow Makeup
- Best Eyebrow Pencil – How to Choose, Apply, Benefits and Secrets for Brow Pencils
- Eyebrow Dye – How to, Tips, Choosing, Risks and Best Eyebrow Dye Kits
- Best Eyebrow Powder – Tips, How to Choose and Apply Eyebrow Powders
- Best Eyebrow Stencils – Types, Tips, How to Choose and Use Stencils for Eyebrows
- How to Color Eyebrows and Choose Brow Colors, Tips, Secrets and Advices
More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Eyebrow Shaping Guide – How to, Tips, Men and Women Eyebrow Shaping
- How to Arch Eyebrows – Step and Tips for Eyebrow Arching
- How to Trim Eyebrows for Women, Men and Tips for Brow Trimming
- How to Tweeze Eyebrows – Best Tweezers, Tips , Tweezing
- Eyebrow Threading – Tips, Benefits, Services, How to, Cons of Brow Threading
- Eyebrow Waxing – Best Kits, Tips, Salons, How to Wax Eyebrows
- Plucking Eyebrows – How to, Tips and Ways to Reduce Pain
- Best Eyebrow Shapes for Different Face Shapes
Suggested Further Reading
- Celebrities with No Eyebrows – With and Without Eyebrows Looks?
- How to Grow Eyebrows Fast – Tips, Advice, Grow Eyebrows Back
- Thin Eyebrows Causes, Tips, and How to Fill How to Thin Eyebrows
- Bushy eyebrows – Tips, Advice, How to Trim Bushy Eyebrows and Celebrities with Bushy Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Loss – Causes, Remedies, Treatment and Cures
- How to Get Thick Eyebrows – Tricks, Tips, Ideas and Ways to Get Thicker Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Tattoos – Costs, Benefits, Cons, Permanent Eyebrows Procedure
- Eyebrow Piercings Guide – Types, Healing, After Care, Jewelry, Process, Tips