Eyebrow Tattoos – Costs, Benefits, Semi, Permanent Eyebrows Procedure, Before and After Tattooing
Would you like to get eyebrow tattoos? Learn what it is, the costs and prices, benefits, semi permanent and permanent eyebrow tattooing and procedure. You will also see various techniques employed in brow tattoos as well as some cons of going for such tattoos.
Do Thicker and Full Eyebrows Matter?
- Do Thicker and Full Eyebrows Matter?
- Meaning or What Permanent or Eyebrow Tattoos Are
- Permanent Eyebrow Procedure
- Benefits Brow Tattoos – Permanent Eyebrows
- Disadvantages of Brow Tattoos
- How Much Does Eyebrow Tattoos Cost?
- Techniques for Eyebrow Tattooing
- Eyebrow Makeup More Articles
- More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Suggested Further Reading
Before we look at what permanent or eyebrow tattoos are, you need to know something about eyebrows. Eyebrows help in giving your face a perfect frame. Some people are lucky since they have full and lush brows, which look great even without any brow makeup.
However, to some people, eyebrows are a disaster as they have thin brows that are hardly noticeable or some have very sparse brows. People with thin or sparse eyebrows have always been disadvantages since they have to use eyebrow makeup everyday to make them look fuller. Imagine having to fill your thin brows everyday! If this has been a challenge, you can say bye and go for permanent eyebrows. But what is are these tattoos or brow makeup?
Meaning or What Permanent or Eyebrow Tattoos Are
Permanent eyebrows, also known as eyebrow tattoos, interdermal eyebrow micropigmentation cosmetic eyebrow tattooing refers to the cosmetic procedure, which utilizes permanent pigments (tattoos) on the dermis to produce the effect of wearing a makeup.
When you hear it first, the concept of permanent brows might seem a bit strange. However, if you give it a good consideration, it is a great ways to overcome your lack of eyebrow or need to use makeup every day.
Unlike the normal makeup, which can be done in most salons, the permanent eyebrow procedure requires you to get a qualified permanent makeup artist who will ensure you get excellent results to avoid the common stories of people spending much money, and get very disappointed. Eyebrow tattoos have all the characteristic of other tattoos and they are bound to fade up with time. A touchup might be necessary after some time.
Permanent Eyebrow Procedure
Before going for the eyebrow tattooing procedure, ensure you have done your homework of finding some of the most reputable permanent makeup technicians. It is not just the understanding the procedure that matters but being able to get the looks you desire too. Once you have found a good eyebrow tattoo expert, you need to make an appointment. Ensure you look at some of the before and after work that a certain permanent cosmetic technician has done. The procedure takes about 1-2 hours.
The exact procedure you will undergo might vary slightly from one permanent makeup salon to another depending on the equipments they use. You will first have the eyebrow pattern and color drawn. Ensure it is perfect, symmetrical and what you will be able to live with for a long. Any mistake should be corrected during thebrow designing phase. It is the most time consuming phase of getting eye brow tattoos. Good design can help flatter you eyes and facial features as it is depended on the features you have. For instance, people with deep-set eyes, close set or wide apart eyes might require different designs. You face should be analyzed before the procedure of permanent eyebrows is done.
When the actual process begins, expect the desired permanent pigment color to be injected to your dermis top layer, just below the epidermis using a needle that could be vibrating. As it enters or pierces to your skin, it releases some tiny drops of the pigment to the whole it has created. The process is slightly painful, it is comparable to eyebrow plucking pain and it is likely to cause some skin redness and swelling. However, if the technician uses a good local numbing anesthesia, expect little or no pain at all. Immediately after the procedure, you might get slightly darker looks. After a week to three weeks, you will have completely healed, the initial color due to needle piercing will disappear, and the color shade you chose will start appearing.
If there are any areas that were not properly done, you can go back for corrections. Most of the permanent eyebrow technicians will not charge you extra money since they are correcting some areas they missed out. It is recommended you go for a touch up after around 4 to 8 weeks. You must fully heal before you can go for correction or any adjustments that might be necessary.
Normally, during eyebrow tattooing, brow like strokes are used in the direction of growth of eyebrows to help them imitate actual brows i.e. to get the most natural looks. During the first up to three weeks after you have gone for this procedure, ensure you do not swim so much or go to saunas. Give you eyebrow tattoos time to set before you can go on with your life as usual. This will avoid instances it fading too soon.
Benefits Brow Tattoos – Permanent Eyebrows
There are many benefits of eyebrow tattoos, which are making permanent eyebrows to gain popularity among many people around the world.
- The first benefit of is it being time saving. Instead of struggling to apply brow makeup every day, just visit a permanent makeup artists and have your eyebrows done.
- Secondly, people with thin, sparse or light colored brows can benefit from eyebrow tattooing to make them appear fuller.
- Permanent eyebrows are one of the best solutions to people who have lost their eyebrows due to many of the causes of brow loss that include aggressive tweezing or waxing, medications such as chemotherapy, scars, alopecia among many others.
- Eyebrow tattoos are cost effective in the long run since they will eliminate the use of makeup such as brow powders, pencils, tints, dyes etc.
- The last benefit of eyebrow tattoos or is excellent looks. If you go to a professional eye brow tattooing expert, you can create the desired eyebrow shape, color, density, symmetry and balance and avoid having every to deal with your eyebrows again.
- May be the most important benefit of permanent eyebrows is the fact that they will not smudge, smear, get wiped or fade easily. In fact you can stay for up to two years before you go for touchup
Disadvantages of Brow Tattoos
We have seen there are many benefits of permanent eyebrows. There are some disadvantages of eyebrow tattoos, which happens to be the general down sides of any form of permanent makeup.
- Since it is a permanent makeup, you will have to live with the permanent eyebrows you have created after brow tattooing has been done. In case you want to get rid of the them, the process is not only costly but also painful that creating the tattoos themselves.
- Unless you go to an expert who will create the exact looks you need, you might get undesirable looks, which you have to leave with the eyebrow tattoos that have been created.
- Permanent eyebrows are costly, as they need you to have around $1,000, a figure that some people might not be able to raise at ones when compared to buying eye makeup. However, at the end of the day, it is tattoos are cheaper.
- Generally, all tattoos, including eyebrow tattoos tend to sag as your skin ages and wrinkles grow. This might give you awful looks.
How Much Does Eyebrow Tattoos Cost?
Eyebrow tattoos are a bit costly since you will need to part with more than $300 in most places across the world. For instance, in Canada, expect to spend around $350 to $1, 000 if you want quality services. This is the same case in the US. However, the exact price you will be charge will be dependent on the specific permanent cosmetic technician you go to, the kind of salon and the location of the salon. Ensure you inquire on the exact cost for the kind of eyebrow tattoos you want since prices might vary for different designs.
Techniques for Eyebrow Tattooing
There are various techniques employed during permanent eyebrow techniques. To help you have a glimpse of the different techniques you expect, the below after and before photos should be of much help. All are permanent Brow Techniques
Eyebrow Makeup More Articles
- Best Eyebrow Pencil – How to Choose, Apply, Benefits and Secrets for Brow Pencils
- Eyebrow Dye – How to, Tips, Choosing, Risks and Best Eyebrow Dye Kits
- Best Eyebrow Powder – Tips, How to Choose and Apply Eyebrow Powders
- Eyebrow Tinting – Best, Tips, Tint Types, How to Choose and Tint Eyebrows
- Best Eyebrow Stencils – Types, Tips, How to Choose and Use Stencils for Eyebrows
- How to Color Eyebrows and Choose Brow Colors, Tips, Secrets and Advices
More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Eyebrow Shaping Guide – How to, Tips, Men and Women Eyebrow Shaping
- How to Arch Eyebrows – Step and Tips for Eyebrow Arching
- How to Trim Eyebrows for Women, Men and Tips for Brow Trimming
- How to Tweeze Eyebrows – Best Tweezers, Tips , Tweezing
- Eyebrow Threading – Tips, Benefits, Services, How to, Cons of Brow Threading
- Eyebrow Waxing – Best Kits, Tips, Salons, How to Wax Eyebrows
- Plucking Eyebrows – How to, Tips and Ways to Reduce Pain
- Best Eyebrow Shapes for Different Face Shapes
Suggested Further Reading
- Celebrities with No Eyebrows – With and Without Eyebrows Looks?
- How to Grow Eyebrows Fast – Tips, Advice, Grow Eyebrows Back
- Thin Eyebrows Causes, Tips, and How to Fill How to Thin Eyebrows
- Bushy eyebrows – Tips, Advice, How to Trim Bushy Eyebrows and Celebrities with Bushy Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Loss – Causes, Remedies, Treatment and Cures
- How to Get Thick Eyebrows – Tricks, Tips, Ideas and Ways to Get Thicker Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Piercings Guide – Types, Healing, After Care, Jewelry, Process, Tips