How to Shape Eyebrows – Tips, Costs, Shapes, Best Shaping Kits, Men and Women Eyebrow Shaping
- Basic Eyebrow Shapes
- How to Shape Eyebrows – 10 Steps for Perfect Eyebrow Shaping (women)
- #1 – Trim Your Eyebrows
- #2 – Decide on Technique of Shaping Eyebrows
- #3 –Oval, Round, Diamond, Square, Oblong Face, Heart Shaped Face
- #4 – Locate Eyebrow Shaping Starting Points
- #5- Locate Eyebrow Arch
- #6 – Locate Eyebrow End
- #7- Fill your Eyebrows
- #8 – Outline Eyebrows Shape You Want
- #9 – Pluck Eyebrows
- How to Shape Eyebrows #10 -Fill any Gaps and Powder them
- Eyebrow Shaping for Men or Male Eyebrow Shaping
- Tips for Eyebrow Shaping for Men
- How Much Does Professional Eyebrow Shaping Cost?
- Eyebrow Shaping Kits – Kits for Shaping Eyebrows
- Best Advices, Secrets, and for Shaping Eyebrow Tips
- See More on Eyebrow Makeup
- More on Eyebrow Grooming
- Suggested Further Reading
Wondering how to shape your eyebrows? This article, on eyebrow shaping, will guide men and women on how they should shape their brows at home perfectly. You will also cover the best eyebrow shaping kits, shapes, and the costs of professional services.
Well shaped eyebrows can enhance your visual appearance other than making some individual features magnificent. Although it is common in women, it is equally important for men, especially to those who have very bushy brows. Who does not want to look great? In this guide, some of the areas that are covered include the following:
- How do you shape eyebrows?
- What are some of the important eye brow shaping tips, secrets and advice?
- Do men need brow shaping? How should men shape their eyebrows?
- How do I shape eyebrows if I have a round, oval, square, diamond or oblong face?
- What are the best eyebrow shaping kits?
- How much does professional eye brow shaping cost?
- What is the difference between women and men eyebrow shaping?
Basic Eyebrow Shapes
Before you go to shape your brows, you need to know the basic brow shapes available for different face shape. This will ensure you choose one that will suit you well. There are six common shapes for eyebrow namely:
- Soft angled
- Curved or S – Shaped
- Angled (Hard Angled)
- Flat shaped
How to Shape Eyebrows – 10 Steps for Perfect Eyebrow Shaping (women)
You definitely want exotic and luxurious shaped eyebrows. You have two choices; first learn how to shape eyebrows. Secondly, go to a pro. This article is for both those who want to know, enjoy shaping them by themselves) those who want to ensure everything gets out, as they wanted) or those who want to go to a pro
Even if you want to go for professional eyebrow shaping, you still need to know how to shape eyebrows to avoid gross mistakes being done on eyebrows. Not every professional knows how to do eyebrows shape them as you want. So what are the important steps for shaping your brows?
#1 – Trim Your Eyebrows
Before you begin shaping your them, you need to ensure you have trimmed them. Eye brow trimming is very important since it will ensure you can easily shape them. Long eye brows can mislead you while you are shaping them. Most women and men often pluck much hair as they shape their brows because they have long eyebrows. If they are busy, see how to trim bushy eyebrows. Alternatively, you could learn more on how to trim eyebrows to get tips, secrets, ideas and much more for both women and men.
#2 – Decide on Technique of Shaping Eyebrows
The second step on how to shape eyebrows is deciding on technique to use. There are many ways of shaping them, which include threading, tweezing, waxing, etc. Some people even opt for using razor blade to shape them. Each of this techniques has their own advantages and disadvantages. However, tweezing is the most recommended method since it gives you a chance to pluck each eyebrow hair individually. Once you have decided on the technique, ensure you have the correct tools required depending on the technique you are using.
#3 –Oval, Round, Diamond, Square, Oblong Face, Heart Shaped Face
The third and most important step is deciding which eyebrow shape you need.
The shape of eyebrows you will go for will be influenced by two major things, the style you want to create, your their shape and the your face shape.
In fact, in choosing any style, you need to bear in mind your face shape. People have six basic face shapes, which are oval, round, long, heart shaped, diamond and square shapes of faces. Each of this faces will require a certain eye brow shape. See more on best face shapes for different face shapes.
It is very important to know your face shape while deciding on brow shape you need. Every day, I meet young beautiful women who have for instance long faces and they put on round or curved brow that worsen how they look like.
Furthermore, when shaping them, always remember that your eyebrow shape will influence on the shapes you can achieve. If your natural brows are flat, you can only make them a little bit curved and achieving a angled eyebrows if they are thin might be impossible.
#4 – Locate Eyebrow Shaping Starting Points
Your eyebrows should begin on a line perpendicular to the inner eye corner. To do this, draw imaginary parallel lines on the inner side of your eyebrows running from the top of your nose balls. Mark the point where the imaginary lines cross your brows. This should be the inner starting point.
Alternatively, if you have a tweezer, you should place it vertically upside down on your outer edge of your nose balls and make a mark where it meets the eyebrows. You can use a soft brow pencil while marking the inner starting points.
While doing all this, your target is to have your upper nose bridge aligned with the starting point of your eyebrows. However, depending on the type of eyes you have, you can slightly deviate from this rule a bit.
People who have close set eyes should start their brows from where their eyes will look further away while those have far apart eyes could do the vice versa. Also, look at the shape of your forehead and facial shape. Some people have narrow face or smaller facial features.
#5- Locate Eyebrow Arch
Going on with our discussion on how to shape eyebrows, if you opt for angled brow shapes, you need to locate your arch. To do this, you need to put a ruler on the tip of your nose and let it pass over your eye pupil. Where it meets the brow, mark it. That should be the peak of your eyebrow arch.
Alternatively, you could also draw an imagery line from the top of your nostrils, right nostril for right eyebrow arch and left one for left eyebrow. It should pass on center of your eye pupil. If you want a larger arch, you could pass the ruler towards the far side of your pupil (outer far side). Generally, the arch is about three quarter distance from eyebrow starting point. See more on How to arch eyebrows perfectly.
#6 – Locate Eyebrow End
The final thing to do before you start the actual process of eyebrow shaping is to locate where they will end. Simply place a ruler on your outer nose and tilt it to you outer eye corner. Where it cuts the eyebrow should be the end.
In most women, a slight bit of their eyebrow would be outside the above line. To women who have over plucked them, they might not be having any at this end. Before they can begin shaping their brows, they will have to use an brow pencil first to fill their them. Also, learn more on eyebrow hair loss, causes as well as how to grow brows back fast for best advice and tips.
Once you have located this three points, you are done with marking the starting point, arch and end of your eyebrow. You can go to the other steps on how to shape eyebrows we will discuss. However, not to overemphasis the need to consider you general facial features while locating the starting and finishing points during the process.
#7- Fill your Eyebrows
During the process, it is very important to fill your eyebrows before you begin plucking them. This will ensure you easily get the shape you want and you avoid over plucking them. Get a soft brow pencil and fill your them in the direction of their growth. Usually, you will start from inner eye corners outwards. You should also ensure you have brushed them well to make outlining much easier and clearer.
If you have no brows or they are very few, learn how to grow eye brows back fast, tips, secrets and much more.
#8 – Outline Eyebrows Shape You Want
The next step is outlining the brow shape you want. You already decided on which shape you want depending on your eyebrow shape, face shape and style you want. You can use a soft black brow pencil to do this. Having a good eyebrow stencil and correctly positioning it on your eyes can help you with eyebrow shaping. Some of the important things you have to decide in the thickness you need, shape and arch looks.
#9 – Pluck Eyebrows
With a clear outline of how you want your eyebrows to look like, you can go to the last step where you will pluck the unwanted hairs. There are various techniques to use with the common ones being waxing, tweezing and threading.
- Learn on Eye brow Waxing, tips, secrets, and How to and a lot more
- Learn on Brow Threading, tips, secrets and how to and much more
- Learn on tweezing eyebrows, secrets, tips and how to plus a lot more.
How to Shape Eyebrows #10 -Fill any Gaps and Powder them
Once you are done with eyebrow shaping, you will definitely have some gaps due to your eyebrow shape or for people who have over plucked their eye brows; they could be having some missing. You can fill the gaps using a good eyebrow pencil. Eyebrow powders will not work well as pencils. Avoid a pencil that is too waxy since although it is very dark, it is often becomes sticky and clumps a lot.
To help set your brow pencil you have used to fill them, ensure you use a translucent eyebrow power on your arches to help set your eyebrows. This will help in soaking any natural oil that your brow skin might be producing and you will stay great looking the whole day.
Eyebrow Shaping for Men or Male Eyebrow Shaping
Unlike women, men eyebrow shaping has many controversies. Some men see it as awkward while others find it normal. If you have bushy eyebrows, trimming is much necessary for both men and women. However, trimming and shaping are two different things. Some men do not even accept trimming, what about shaping brows?. Imagine a man with thin high arches!.
For proponents of men’s eyebrow trimming, can enhance someone’s look. Some men have funny looking brows and shaping might be necessary. If you are among the men who shape eye brows, here are some of the important tips
Tips for Eyebrow Shaping for Men
- If you have eyebrows in the middle part, above your nose ridge, you do not remove all of them; randomly remove those that are thicker and much visible, leaving the fine ones. While removing them, use your tweezers while plucking them to make them less visible. If you want this area to remain hairless, you could follow the follow step 4 for locating starting point of brows. However, doing so will be a bit awkward and you should leave it to women.
- When shaping them, let it be as mild as possible. Avoid going deep when removing lower or bottom brow part. Take hairs that are only outside your normal brow shape.
- When you are shaping them, you need to get a good pair of tweezers, as it will make the job much easier and avoid sliding.
- People who want more defined eyebrows can go for waxing. Again, do not go deeper and make it mild. You do not want to shape them as women do.
- Also, ensure you consider aspects such as balancing your facial features when shaping eyebrows.
Eyebrow shaping for men is not a must for all men. By trimming them, you will still look great even if you have bushy or very thick eyebrows.
How Much Does Professional Eyebrow Shaping Cost?
If you are wondering how much you should pay for eyebrow shaping, the exact amount greatly varies. Expect to spend as little as $10 or even below or as high as $50 or even depending on where you go to. Some of the leading professional salons, tends to charge higher while going to a smaller salon, you will pay less.
Eyebrow Shaping Kits – Kits for Shaping Eyebrows
If you do not want to spend money on a professional eyebrow artist, you need to buy an eyebrow shaping kit. Some of the best eyebrow kits you can buy include the following:
- Christi Harris Precision Brow Planing System
- Karmissie Lux Deluxe Threader Kit
- Mally Beauty 24/7 Professional Brow Shaping System
- Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings Light – 1100387
- Anastasia the Kit for Perfect Brows and Eyes
- Brow Buddy Kit by Billion Dollar Brows
- Brow Envy Brow Shaping & Defining Kit
- E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit
- Too Faced Brow Envy Brow Shaping & Defining Kit
- Moom Organic Kit
- Benefit Brow Zings Brow Shaping Kit
- Miss Bollywood Legends Kit
- Brow Envy Brow Shaping & Defining Kit
Best Advices, Secrets, and for Shaping Eyebrow Tips
We have discussed a lot, which included eyebrow shaping for men, women, how to shape eyebrows and a lot more. To ensure you get the best of looks, the below tips will help you get those looks you admire.
- Before eyebrow shaping, it is advisable to leave your eyebrows to grow. This will ensure easy shaping and perfect looks. If you are fond of plucking them quite often whenever you see one that is straying, do not touch it until the time you go to shape them. Otherwise this can result to brow hair loss.
- The other tip is that, if you are going to a shaping expert or professional, ensure you know which eyebrow shape you need, thickness and other styling looks. Without clearly explaining what you want, might be messed up and it takes a long time before your eyebrows can grow back.
- If you have no idea on which shapes to go for during, get a celebrities who has features that closely match yours and try the way she does her eyebrows. You could also go for the various eyebrow stencils that are inspired by celebrities.
- Going on with these tips, after brow shaping, you need continually to maintain them until the next time. To keep your new eyebrow shape for long, continually pluck any hairs that grow in areas you do not want them to do so. However, ensure you do not overpluck them.
- To give them polished looks, go for brow gels, especially waterproof ones. They will help you get the most natural looks.
- Although some makeup artists will recommend to you not touch the upper side of your brows, you can actually do some clean up and get rid of any stray hairs. This will help in creating one of the perfect looks that is much defined. However, while following this very important tip, ensure you do not overdo it.
- While shaping brows, avoid standing so close to the mirror. You need to be at a distance where you can easily create a balanced look. In fact, it is important occasionally to walk a distance from the mirror to see your looks.
- The final tip is avoid using ice to make your skin numb. Some people who cannot stand the pain often do this. This will instead make your hair follicle firmer. You should instead use warm water to make your skin softer or go for a good grade numbing spray.
While shaping eyebrows, ensure you follow the ten steps on how to shape eyebrows, tips, advices and secrets. Men and women will also get information on how to shape eyebrows to ensure they get the best looks.
See More on Eyebrow Makeup
- Best Eyebrow Pencil – How to Choose, Apply, Benefits and Secrets for Brow Pencils
- Eyebrow Dye – How to, Tips, Choosing, Risks and Best Eyebrow Dye Kits
- Best Eyebrow Powder – Tips, How to Choose and Apply Eyebrow Powders
- Eyebrow Tinting – Best, Tips, Tint Types, How to Choose and Tint Eyebrows
- Best Eyebrow Stencils – Types, Tips, How to Choose and Use Stencils for Eyebrows
- How to Color Eyebrows and Choose Brow Colors, Tips, Secrets and Advices
More on Eyebrow Grooming
- How to Arch Eyebrows – Step and Tips for Eyebrow Arching
- How to Trim Eyebrows for Women, Men and Tips for Brow Trimming
- How to Tweeze Eyebrows – Best Tweezers, Tips , Tweezing
- Eyebrow Threading – Tips, Benefits, Services, How to, Cons of Brow Threading
- Eyebrow Waxing – Best Kits, Tips, Salons, How to Wax Eyebrows
- Plucking Eyebrows – How to, Tips and Ways to Reduce Pain
- Best Eyebrow Shapes for Different Face Shapes
Suggested Further Reading
- Celebrities with No Eyebrows – With and Without Eyebrows Looks?
- How to Grow Eyebrows Fast – Tips, Advice, Grow Eyebrows Back
- Thin Eyebrows Causes, Tips, and How to Fill How to Thin Eyebrows
- Bushy eyebrows – Tips, Advice, How to Trim Bushy Eyebrows and Celebrities with Bushy Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Loss – Causes, Remedies, Treatment and Cures
- How to Get Thick Eyebrows – Tricks, Tips, Ideas and Ways to Get Thicker Eyebrows
- Eyebrow Tattoos – Costs, Benefits, Cons, Permanent Eyebrows Procedure
- Eyebrow Piercings Guide – Types, Healing, After Care, Jewelry, Process, Tips