Want to know how to put on fake eyelashes? Get tips, secrets, steps and tutorial on how to apply or put on individual, stripped false eyelashes as well as how to remove them. The article will not only cover how to put on but also tips, secrets, ideas and much more. False eyelashes can add charm to your own natural lashes to make them look fuller, longer and luscious. Do you know to apply them the right way? This article on how to apply them has all you need to look stunning in fake lashes.
Fake lashes can give your eyes a new magic look. However, not everyone knows how to apply fake eyelashes the right way. If you knew how to apply them well, you do not have to spend hours in front of your mirror while when you are finally done, they almost immediately start falling off. This can be very embarrassing and frustrating. We are going to cover the easiest steps to follow when putting on fake lashes that will not let you down.
Before we look at how to apply false eyelashes or how to put on fake eyelashes, it is wise to mention that there are different types of fake lashes in the market as well as different colors. Ensure you have picked on of the best brands if you want to get best results while applying them. Some of the best brands to go for include:
- Ardell Duralash Naturals Individual – Individual
- Ardell Strip – Fashion Black – Stripped
- Ardell Lash Accents #301 – Three Quarter
Furthermore, you also need to get the best eyelash glue that will hold your eyelashes in place.
Glue on or Pre-Glued False Lashes?
- Glue on or Pre-Glued False Lashes?
- How to Apply False Eyelashes
- How to Wear Strip False Eyelashes – How to Put on Fake Strip Eyelashes
- How to Wear Individual False Eyelashes – How to Put on Individual Fake Eyelashes
- How to Remove Fake Eyelashes – Removing False Eyelashes
- False Eyelashes Wearing Tips, Advices, Secrets and Ideas
While discussion the steps on how apply false eyelashes, you need to understand that you could either buy the pre-glue eyelashes which do not need to you to apply the glue. While following our guide, skip the steps for applying glue and go directly to apply fake eyelashe
s on to your eyelids. However, if you are buying the glue on, you will have to follow all the steps of putting on fake eyelashes.
How to Apply False Eyelashes
When you want to wear fake eyelashes, how you will put them on depends on which type of lashes you are wearing. In this respect, we will only consider two main types, which are the individual and strip. Before you put on or apply lashes, you need to ensure you eye is clean and oil free. You should apply your other eye makeup such as under eye concealer, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow base, eyeshadow, mascara and even your eyeliner. This will ensure no eyeliner ends up on your mascara as it could render them unusable again.
However, some makeup artists encourage people to begin with putting on fake lashes before other eye makeup. The difference is not great and you can go with what you find better. Furthermore, if you wanted to curl your natural eyelashes, you need to do it before you apply mascara. Let us now to how to put on fake eyelashes while considering each of the two types separately.
How to Wear Strip False Eyelashes – How to Put on Fake Strip Eyelashes
If you want to make your eyes, more open and create a bigger impact, buy strip false lashes. Inasmuch as they might not be so natural as opposed to individual fake eyelashes, they are definitely much easier to apply and remove and they will really transform the appearance of your eyelashes. There are many best strip false lashes you can go for. So what are the steps for putting on false strip lashes?
- The first step for applying false strip eyelashes is to measure your eye against your lash length and trimming them accordingly. This is important for people who do not want drooped eyelashes on the eye corners or look awful. You could also trim the length and appearance to what you like. Trimming should be done using a small pair of scissors.
- By holding your false lash strip pair, slightly bend them to form letter C shape and hold them in that position for a few seconds. This will ensure they follow your natural eye curves without struggling to mount them correctly, especially on the eye corners.
- Using a tweezers or a lash applicator, grasp your fake eyelash firmly. Avoid applying to much pressure, as a light grasp will work well so long as it is firm enough not to make the false lash to move.
- Take your eyelash glue or eyelash adhesive and apply it on the strip lash band. Ensure you only apply a thin layer. If you do not have steady hands, you can use a toothpick to apply your glue. On both the false eyelash strip ends, apply slightly more glue.
- Depending on the type of eyelash glue you are using, you might or might not be required to wait for a short while for the glue to be tacky. If you are in a hurry, you can blow or wave the eyelash gently.
- Once it has become tacky, apply false eyelashes on the lash line base on TOP of the natural lashes. You need to apply the false lashes on top of your natural lashes and never on the eyelids. As the glue dries, it will be clear. Do not worry if it looks a bit messy while wet.
- Using your finger tips, press your strip false lash until it goes into position and adheres fully.
How to Wear Individual False Eyelashes – How to Put on Individual Fake Eyelashes
If you want natural looks that no one will notice you are wearing a fake eyelash, you need to go for individual false lashes. There are some best individual false eyelashes, which will make you look great. Individual lashes come in different lengths and you can combine them in the most suitable way to ensure you look great. If you want greater looks, go for flared types of individual eyelashes.
Short individual false lashes can be worn on the inner eye if you want classic looks, medium lengths in between your natural lashes and longer ones on the outer edge of your lash like to make your lashes to look longer and give them a defined shaped. Here are the steps on how to put on or apply individual fake or false eyelashes:
- Put a few drops of your eyelash glue on a clean surface such as an aluminum foil or just a lid.
- Get the individual false lash you want to put on or wear using lash applicator or tweezers and the dip the root of the false lash (could be knotted or not knotted) to your adhesive. Wait for a few seconds for the glue to become tacky.
- The next step on that come in individual strands is to place the individual false eyelash below, between or slightly above the lash line beginning from your inner eye corner working outwards. Hold them in position using your tweezers for a few seconds for it to dry up. Take not that we put fake eyelashes on TOP of the natural lashes as close to the lash line as possible and NOT on your eyelid skin. Under normal circumstances, you will put on or wear from 5 to 14 false lashes, depending on the nature of your natural lashes as well as the kind of looks you would wish to achieve.
- If you want further to press the eyelashes in place, you can use the Q-tip.
- Let them dry from a few minutes before applying mascara or if you had not applied other eye makeup.
How to Remove Fake Eyelashes – Removing False Eyelashes
How to apply fake eyelashes is that simple. Anyone can do it she took time to practice to perfection. When it comes to how to remove false eyelash, different makeup artists recommend different styles and you are bound to be confused on which one to follow. We are going to give you the best steps to follow that will not cause pain or damage your natural eyelashes.
- Get the right kind of eye makeup remover that will be able to loosen the glue. The specific brands you go for will be dependent on whether you used waterproof eyelash glue or not.
- Soak a cotton pad using your eye makeup remover and place it on top of your eyelids while your eyes are closed.
- Using your finger tips, slightly dab or wiggle your finders along the lash line until your remover reaches the base of your eyelash. This will loosen the glue and reduce its stickiness.
- Open your eyes and hold the outer end of your fake eyelash, close your eyes and then slowly rip it off your eyelashes working from your outer eye corners to the inner eye corners. It should come out easily.
- If you are wearing individual false lashes, you only need gently to rub your lashes in the direction of their growth and they will come out while stuck on the cotton pad. Never PULL them off.
- Another step on how to apply false eyelashes and remove it that most people ignore is cleaning up the eyelashes before storing them, in case you want to reusethem.
- Once you are through with your process of removing fake eyelashes, you need to wash your face with a mild cleanser and do the usual face routines you have.
False Eyelashes Wearing Tips, Advices, Secrets and Ideas
The above steps on how to apply false eyelashes have definitely taught you how to put on fake lashes the right way. However, if you do not need to have mistakes here and there, these wearing tips, tricks, ideas, secrets and advises will ensure you look perfect.
- If you do not intend to use them again, you can choose to apply mascara once you have worn them. However, it you intend to use your false lashes again, no mascara should be applied on them.
- When applying and removing them, ensure you follow the correct technique to avoid damaging your natural eyelashes. People fond of pulling off the fake lashes often end up pulling their natural lashes on the process. Growing back natural lashes can take a while.
- When buying fake eyelashes, ensure you go for a good quality brand that will not reap off easily or get bent on places you did not want them to bend. Furthermore, ensure you are certain if the specific brand you are using can be reused again. Expensive brands tend to be better generally, even on the quality of fibers used.
- When using strip lashes and you want a more natural look, you could split it to smaller segments, as this will make application and final looks much better.
- When applying your eyeliner, it is recommended you go for liquid eyeliner because it is bolder and will ensure you get better looks. It will also help in filling all the gaps that might be left behind as you apply them.
- While applying glue on the false lashes, avoid touching the glue with your fingers, as this will make application both messy and very difficult.
- To avoid spreading eye infection, you should not share your fake lashes with your friends. This is a general rule for any kind of eye makeup.
- In case you accidentally poke your eye on the process of putting on fake lashes, stop the process and wash your eye with plenty of warm water. This should be the case if some glue accidentally gets in to your eyes.
We have looked on how to apply fake eyelashes both for the individual false lashes as well as strip. This is something that should take you less than 5 minutes the moment you get used to. In addition, we also discussed how to remove them as well as some important false eyelashes tips, tricks, ideas and advices to ensure you look great. Try them today and you will have bigger and beautify looking eyes.
Read More on False or Fake Eyelashes
- Best False Eyelashes Reviews – How to Buy, Put on, and Best Fake Eyelashes
- Fake Eyelashes – Meaning, Types, Best Fake Eyelashes and How to Apply
See More on Eyelash Extensions
- Eyelash Extensions – Lifespan, Pros, Cons, and After Care and How to Remove Lash Extensions
- Eyelash Extensions Guide – What, Types, How, Before and After Eyelash Extensions
- Eyelash Extensions Cost, Prices and Where to Get the Best Services for Eyelash Extensions
Suggested Further Reading
- Eyelash Glue – How to Choose, Apply and Best Eyelash Glues or Adhesive
- Eyelash Primer–Benefits, How to Buy, Apply and the Best Mascara Primer
- Best Eyelash Enhancers –Tips, How to Choose, Apply, Safety and Do They Work?
- Do Eyelashes Grow Back? How to Grow Eyelashes and How to Make them Long
- Best Eyelash curler –Types and How to Use Lash Curlers