Do you have round eyes or would you like to know what they are, how to apply makeup for round eyes including mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner? You will learn all this including people and celebrities round eye shapes, creating round smoky eye looks and much more.
What Are Round Eyes?
Round eyes refers to the type of eyes whose width and height is nearly the same. They often lack the appealing and alluring almond eye shape. These eye types can be very sexy and attractive if you know how to use makeup correctly because these eye types are actually adorable and crazily beautiful. In terms of geographical distribution, these types of eyes are much predominant among the Asian communities.
People and celebrities with Round Eyes
If you have them, you then have eyes similar to a number of celebrities. Some of these people and celebrities with round include Christina Ricci, Mary Kate, Zoe Deschanel, Penelope Cruz, Tracee Ellis Ross, Elizabeth Olsen, Demi lovato, Emmy Rossum, Christina Applegate, Katy Perry Amy Adams, among many others.
Understanding Makeup for Small Round Eyes and Large Round Eyes
Your eyes that are round could be proportional, small or big. If you have big or large round eyes, you need to know how to apply eye makeup while trying to diminish what you do not like.
For instance, you might be ok with having big eyes but not round ones. This means you will apply eye makeup to make them appear longer and wider. On the other hand, you could be fine with your eye shade but you want them to look smaller, you should them apply eye makeup for big eyed people to make them appear smaller.
Similarly, there are people who have small round eyes and they would wish them to be either less round or bigger. You need to decide on which trait you want emphasis. For instance, you can decide to apply eye makeup for small eyes to make them appear bigger and forget about the fact their shape.
However, whether you have big or small, if you carefully apply eye makeup, you can create better looks where your eyes will look less round and smaller or bigger depending on if you have big or small eyes.
Makeup for Round Eyes
As we have already seen, these eyes lack the almond eye shape and their height and width are comparable. With correct use of makeup, you can help create the illusion of narrower almond shaped eyes. The main objective of using eye makeup for round eyes is try and create an illusion of longer, narrower and wider eyes.
Eyeshadow for Round Eyes
If you have large eyes that are round, or even small ones, they can look more alluring if you know how correctly to apply eyeshadow for round eyes. You should use about 2 to three eyeshadow shades or colors. Choose carefully; see how to choose eyeshadow colors. Here is how to go about applying eyeshadow:
- Apply the lighter eyeshadow from your lash line to your brow bone (your entire eyelids). You can also apply a bit of this eyeshadow on your lower eyelids.
- Apply the darker eyeshadow shade on your eye crease and create a V (>) shape on your outer eye corners. You need to extend your eyeshadow outwards and upwards on your outer eye corners to bring more emphasis on the outer half part of your eyes and create an eye shape that is much elongated. Ensure you “extend the color upwards and outwards until it almost touches the outer tip on your eyebrow curve at about a 45 degree angle”. This will help in creating an illusion of an elongated eye hence reduce the round appearance of your eyes.
Eyeliner for Round Eyes
If you are a round-eyed girl, you need to know how to apply eyeliner for round eyes properly. This section is going to give you steps you can follow to ensure they look longer and wider. The general rule is applying eyeliner on your outer eye corners while living the inner eye corners untouched to draw attention to the outer eye corners. This will help in making your eyes to look wider and less round. Here is to go about it.
- Close your eyes without squinting, apply eyeliner on the upper lash line beginning from quarter way from your inner eye corner, and work outwards to your outer eye corner. The eyeliner should be applied as close the eyelash base as possible. It is also important to ensure you have used a thin line since it will help in creating the illusion of narrower and longer eyes as well as draw attention to the outer eye corners.
- On your lower lash line, begin from outer eye corner and line inwards to almost half way distance (to directly below your pupil).
- On your outer eye corner, create cat eye eyeliner or winged eyeliner. This is done drawing an upward flick starting from where your lower and upper eyeliner you have applied meet on the outer eye corner. This will further help in creating longer and wider eyes. Even for people how have small round eyes, they can still try this approach. See more on Cat Eye Eyeliner/Winged Eyeliner – How to Do a Cat Eye Liner and Best Looks.
Whereas we have looked at how to apply eyeliner for round eyes, you need to know that the choice of eyeliner color (black eyeliner, brown eyeliner, pink, grey, etc) and eyeliner type (liquid eyeliner, gel eyeliner, pencil eyeliner, kohl or kajal, glitter, etc) is all in your hands.
It is advisable to use darker eyeliner (not to mean black) and avoid light shade eyeliners. You need to choose a color that will compliment the eyeshadow color you are using any and your eye color, skin tone and other facial features.
Mascara for Round Eyes
Mascara can help in making your eyelashes to look lush and alluring. You need to apply about two coats of mascara, preferably dark color like navy blue or black mascara on your upper eyelashes. Going for dark brown or simply brown mascara is not a bad idea since they can help create subtle looks on your large round eyes.
When applying mascara, you need to put more emphasis on your outer third of your upper eyelashes with less mascara on your middle and inner eyelashes. Furthermore, ensure you choose the best lengthening mascara because you will need to emphasis on the length of your eyelashes to make your eyes look much wider. If you have to use eyelash extensions or false or fake eyelashes, ensure they emphasis your outer eye corner.
Round Eyes Smokey Eye Looks
You can also create smokey eye looks for your round eyes. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Apply eyeliner from your inner eye corner to outer eye corner but gradually making it thicker as you approach your outer eye corner. Also, line your lower lash lines or ignore them.
- Next, apply darker neutral eyeshadow (bronze, warm taupe, bluish gray, etc) on your upper eyelids from lash line to your socket eye curves. This should be your mid tone eyeshadow. If you applied eyeliner on your lower lash line, you need to apply the darker neutral eyeshadow on you lower lash line, lightly.
- Apply eyeshadow that is one shade darker than the mid tone eyeshadow eye crease and on your outer half of your eyelid, extending the color upwards and outwards until it almost touches the outer tip on your eyebrow curve at about a 45 degree angle.
- Finally, apply the lightest eyeshadow shade on your brow bone, just below your eyebrows.
- You can apply about two coats of mascara.
We have covered a lot including how to go about big and small eyes that are round when applying makeup. We have also looked at eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara for round eyes and swell as creating smokey looks for round-eyed girls. These steps are just basic and you are free to try various looks to see what will suit you most.
See more on Types of Eyes
- Close-Set Eyes – Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Eyebrow, Tips and Personalities
- Downturned Eyes & Upturned Eyes – Makeup Tips, How Lower or Lift Up turned and Down turned Eyes
- Wide Set Eyes or Far Apart Eyes – Makeup for, Tips, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Mascara and Personality
- Prominent Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eyebrow Makeup and Surgery
- Almond Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Makeup for Almond Shaped Eyes and Celebrities
- Oriental Eyes – What They Are, Origin and Eye Makeup Tips for Oriental Eyes
- Asian Eyes – Tips, Makeup, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrows, Differences and How to Get the Asian Eye Looks
- Large Eyes – What Is, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Celebrities with, and Why Men Love Women with Larger Eyes
- Big Eyes – Eye Makeup Tips, Personality, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara Girls, Men Love, and Contact Lenses for Big Eyed People
- Small Eyes – Celebrities, Makeup Tips, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrow, and How to Make Smaller Eyes Bigger
- Monolids Eyes – Types, Tips, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara and Monolid/Single Eyelid Surgery
- Deep Set Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eye Makeup Tip, Personalities and Celebrities with Deep-Set Eye Types
- Hooded Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner and Eye Makeup Tips and Celebrities with Hooded Eyelids