Are you looking for information on prominent eyes? This article has the most insightful and comprehensive coverage makeup for prominent eyes such as eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow makeup. You will also learn about prominent smoky eye look and surgery, among many other things.
What are prominent Eyes?
Prominent eyes are eye types that tend to look large and bulging outwards. They look much like bulged eyes protruding from your face. Furthermore, they tend to standout so much, something some women find hard to bear with; they therefore have to go for prominent eye makeup or surgery to help deal with the problem.
Makeup for Prominent Eyes – Eyeliner and Eyeshadow for Prominent Eyelids
For makeup, they will give you a lot of space and area to apply your eyeshadow and eyeliner. This is a perfect chance to create most dramatic looks to diminish the prominence appearance. Since these eyes are fairly protruding, you need to create a makeup illusion that will push them back a little.
Creating Smokey Eye Looks on Your Prominent Eyes
One of the best looks you can create is the smokey eye look. Although most people assume that smokey eye looks can only be created with either grey or black eyeshadow, you can also use other eyeshadow colors include brown, emerald, sapphire and a lot more darker colors as they will give an illusion of smaller eyes.
When choosing an eyeshadow for prominent eyes, it needs to give an illusion that your eyes are a bit deep set and smaller. Go for darker matte eyeshadow. Any glittery or shimmery will make them to look more protruded, worsening the looks!
To create prominent smokey eye looks, begin by applying the neutral eyeshadow base on your eyelids, and the darkest on your lash line. Secondly, apply medium eyeshadow on your eye crease, stretching it a bit to your brow bone. Blend the two colors thoroughly where they meet.
To make them to appear smaller, rim your eyes on upper lash line, use eyeliner of the same color as eyeshadow you have used and then smudge it into you eyeshadow.
Finally, curl your eyelashes and apply mascara. If you are new on smokey eyes, see more details on smoky eye makeup including steps, tips and much more.
Makeup for Prominent Eyed People
Instead of creating the smokey eye looks on your prominent eyes, you could follow the below steps for applying eye makeup that will make your eyes look smaller and deep set. Here are the steps to follow for perfect looks:
- Apply highlighter only on your brow bone.
- Apply the medium eyeshadow on your entire upper eyelid from your lash line to the brow bone.
- Apply the darkest eyeshadow, also known as accent from your lash line upwards and on to your crease. For balanced looks, sweep this eyeshadow too on your lower lash eyelids.
- Apply dark eyeliner. If black is too heavy, you could go for grey as it can also compliment your eyes. While applying eyeliner, ensure you make the line thicker from the outer eye corners and make it thinner as you move to your inner eye corner and let it diminish by the time you reach near your tear duct. This will avoid creating raccoon looks and ensure they look much open.
- Apply mascara, preferably black mascara to make your eyes less baggy looking. Just apply a single coat. Back mascara will help in defining your eyes and make it look real. You do not want to appear as if you have fake eyelashes. You can also curl eyelashes before applying mascara.
Blend the two colors thoroughly until there are no demarcations and avoid adding any lighter shade or highlighter on your eyelids, as they will not break the receding illusion you have created above.
Prominent Eye Surgery
For people who have them and they want to deal with the problem completely, they could opt for cosmetic surgery for prominent eyes. Currently you can rely on various cosmetic surgery procedures you can rely on which include decompression laser surgery.
We have covered a great deal on eyes that are prominent including makeup to use such as eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara as well as how you will groom your eyebrows if you have them.
See More on Types of Eyes
- Close-Set Eyes – Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Eyebrow, Tips and Personalities
- Downturned Eyes & Upturned Eyes – Makeup Tips, How Lower or Lift Up turned and Down turned Eyes
- Wide Set Eyes or Far Apart Eyes – Makeup for, Tips, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Mascara and Personality
- Almond Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Makeup for Almond Shaped Eyes and Celebrities
- Oriental Eyes – What They Are, Origin and Eye Makeup Tips for Oriental Eyes
Suggested Reading on Eye Colors
- Purple Eyes – Causes, Purple Eye Color Disease and Makeup Tips
- Violet Eyes – Existence, Makeup Tips and Elizabeth Taylor’s Violet Eyes
- Amber Eye Color – Humans, Animal and Makeup Tips for Amber Eyes