Do you have deep set eyes or are you looking for information on these eye types? This article will help you understand what deep-set eyes are, personalities of people with these eyes as well as some people and celebrities who have them. You will also cover deep set eyelids makeup including eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow grooming.
Deep-set eyes refer to slightly bigger eyes that are located much deeper into the skull or eye socket and they will give you sunken eye looks making your eyelids are not readily seen when your eyes are open. This makes you to appear as if you have a more prominent brow bone. They should not be confused with hooded eyes since, hooded eyes have an extra skin above eyelids that covers the eyelids when you open your eyes.
To know you have them, check if you can see your eyelids on the outer eye corners and the section you have seen becomes narrower as you get towards the inner eye corner. The other way of determining whether you have deep-set-eyelids is if a pencil placed on the brow bone and cheek leaves the eye set back behind it.
Furthermore, these eye types will always make the eyebrows to appear very close to your eyes. It has been commonly found that people who have deeper set eyelids tend also to have round and/or big eyes. However, this is not a rule since Jennifer Aniston has close-set eyes that are deeply set.
People and Celebrities with Deep Set Eyes
- People and Celebrities with Deep Set Eyes
- Personalities of People with Deeper Set Eyes
- Deep Set Eyes Makeup – Eye Makeup Guide
- Tips, Secrets and Advises for Deep Set Eyelids
If you have eyelids that are deepset, you should know a few people who have these types of eyes too. You can look at the ways they apply eye makeup for deep-set eyes and imitate them.
Some of the top celebrities who with this eyelids include, Claudia Schiffer, Demi Moore, Jennifer Aniston, Kirsten Dunst, Renee Zellweger, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Kate Winslet, Kiera Knightly, Halle Berry, among many others.
Personalities of People with Deeper Set Eyes
It is believed that people who have these eyes tend to step back and carefully assess a situation before making any decision.
Deep Set Eyes Makeup – Eye Makeup Guide
When applying makeup for deep set eyelids, your objective of using eye makeup is to make the make them appear to be advancing. You should create this illusion by using warm colors especially metallic hues and beige on your eyelids. We are going to look at eyebrow makeup, eyeshadow makeup, eyeliner makeup and eyelash makeup or mascaras for eyes that are deeply set.
General Tip – When applying makeup for deep-set eyes, ensure you consider the other eye features you have as well as what you would like to diminish most. If you have small, big, round, upturned eyes, etc. you need to decide which of these features you would like to hide and choose makeup application accordingly. Your other facial features, skin colors and eye colors should also be taken into consideration when deciding the eye makeup color to use if you have eyelids that are deep set.
Eyebrow for Deep Set Eyes
Your eyebrows can have an impact on the way your eyes look. For instance, creating more space under your eyebrows only helps in making your eyes look more recessed as well as give you a permanent surprised look.
Furthermore, a sharp arch might make you look artistic but sad. Always go for an eyebrow shape that compliments your face shape and avoid creating too much space below your eyebrows. You can also help define or fill your eyebrows using a good eyebrow pencil or eyebrow tints or powder.
Eyeshadow for Deep Set Eyes
When using eyeshadow, you need to be able to both get the correct tone and balance it well to ensure you are looking fabulous. Also, go for the correct eyeshadow brushes that will make the application much easier. Here are the steps for applying eyeshadow for deep-set eyes:
- Once you have cleaned your face and applied an oil free moisturizer, you should apply under eye concealer to hide any fine lines, under eye wrinkles or dark under eye circles, you might be having as well as reduce the shadow cast by eyes that are deep set.
- Apply eyeshadow base and eyeshadow primer on your eyelids to create a canvas over which you will apply your eyeshadow as well as intensify the eyeshadow color. See more on best eyeshadow primers and eyeshadow base and their roles.
- Apply a light shimmery eyeshadow all over your eyelids from your lash line to just below your brow bone using a flat eyeshadow brush. Also, apply this eyeshadow on your inner eye corners. This will help create an illusion of advancing eyelids hence diminish the appearance of deep set eyelids.
- Take a mid-tone eyeshadow, sweep it on your eye creases, and blend it upwards to your brow bone. Most of the top makeup artists recommend the use of matte eyeshadow. This will make your brow bone to appear to be receding and hence reduce the appearance of your deep set eyelids.
- Apply the darkest eyeshadow shade on your outer eye corners of your upper eyelids upwards to the outer brow bone area.
When using eyeshadow, you can use a shimmery highlighter on your inner eye corners. However, ensure you do not apply it on your brow bone, as it will make your eyes to appear more deep set.
Eyeliner for Deep Set Eyes
When applying eyeliner for deep set eyes, you need to apply a thin line along the lash line but slightly lift it up as you approach your outer eye corners. Applying thick eyeliner line will make your eyelids to recede, something you do not want. You can use your darkest eyeshadow as eyeliner on your lower lash line beginning from your outer eye corner and letting it tapper as you move towards your inner eye corner.
Mascara for Deep Set eye
People who have them tend to have their eyelashes touching eyelids. When applying mascara for deep-set eyes, ensure you apply about two coats a good waterproof mascara while putting more emphasis towards your outer eye corners. Before you apply mascara, ensure you have used a good eyelash curler to curl your eyelashes. See more on best eyelash curlers.
Beauty queens like Kim Kardashian always ensure she has made her eyelashes magnificent to help bring here deep eye out. You should apply a few coats of mascara, use fake eyelashes, eyelash extensions or fiber mascara.
Tips, Secrets and Advises for Deep Set Eyelids
Although we have comprehensively covered on deep set eye makeup, it is important to mention a few tips, secrets and advice that might ensure you look great. Some of these tips are what transforms the great looks you see on celebrities. So what are their tips and secrets?
- Avoid lining your inner eye rims or waterline with a dark colored eyeliner. This will make your eyes to appear to be receding more.
- If you want to create deep set e eyes smokey eye looks, do not get into the temptation of using dark eyeshadow colors. Use shimmery and light eyeshadows.
In this discussion, we have looked at what they are, personalities of people with these eyes, celebrities who have them, how to apply makeup for deep-set eyes as well as some tips and secrets. On how to apply makeup, we looked at eyebrow grooming, mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow for deep set eyes and a lot more.
See more on Types of Eyes
- Close-Set Eyes – Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Eyebrow, Tips and Personalities
- Downturned Eyes & Upturned Eyes – Makeup Tips, How Lower or Lift Up turned and Down turned Eyes
- Wide Set Eyes or Far Apart Eyes – Makeup for, Tips, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Mascara and Personality
- Prominent Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eyebrow Makeup and Surgery
- Almond Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Makeup for Almond Shaped Eyes and Celebrities
- Oriental Eyes – What They Are, Origin and Eye Makeup Tips for Oriental Eyes
- Asian Eyes – Tips, Makeup, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrows, Differences and How to Get the Asian Eye Looks
- Large Eyes – What Is, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Celebrities with, and Why Men Love Women with Larger Eyes
- Big Eyes – Eye Makeup Tips, Personality, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara Girls, Men Love, and Contact Lenses for Big Eyed People
- Round Eyes- What Are, Eye Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara for Large or Small Round Eyes
- Small Eyes – Celebrities, Makeup Tips, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrow, and How to Make Smaller Eyes Bigger
- Monolids Eyes – Types, Tips, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara and Monolid/Single Eyelid Surgery
- Hooded Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner and Eye Makeup Tips and Celebrities with Hooded Eyelids