Learn more on red eyeshadow including best looks, brands, how
apply tutorial, choose, and best brands. You will also get very helpful tips, ideas and secrets. Before you try it, you should know that it could give you ghostly look or like a Halloween clown. However if you know how to choose the right shade and how to apply it, you be able to achieve subtle, expressive or dramatic looks.
Red eyeshadow is a truly coveted eye makeup to say but many people often stay away from it because it is not straightforward to use as other eye shadow. If you use is badly, you could end up looking ghostly and even scare people.
Many people find using this quite a challenge. However, if you can correctly choose the right color and apply it well, you will be stunning! Just like any other type of eyeshadow, you could go for glitter, matte, pencil etc. Furthermore, there are different shades including dark red, bright red, or you can blend black and red, etc.
How to Choose Red Eyeshadow
If you want great looks with red eyeshadow, you have to know how to pick the right shades. The general rule when choosing it is going for deep red if you have darker skin tone while those with pale skin should go for lighter shades.
To be precise, if your light complexion has some red undertones or pinkish, you will have to go for red eye shadow shades that are closer to brown or orange. People with darker complexion will look great in brick red, hot or cherry pink. Red really stands out with people who have dark complexion. Finally, for people who have olive skin tone or have yellow undertones should go for magenta or rose.
Mascara and Eyeliner with Red Eyeshadow
When it comes to using red eyeliner, it is advisable you use mascara and eyeliner heavily to avoid your eyes looking swollen or bruised. Red color eyeshadow are likely to make magnify the redness in the eye and you might look sleepy and tired if you do not use dark mascara and eyeliner. Get more insight by reading how to choose eyeshadow color. If you have a light complexion that has red undertones, ensure you go for black, charcoal or brown eyeliner and a few layers of mascara of black or deep brown color.
Best Red Eyeshadow – Top Brands
Just like the case of other eyeshadow, this eyeshadows come in number color shades, which slightly vary, from one to another. You could opt for true reds, brownish or grays shades, shimmery, frost or metallic red for instance. Some people love brands with hits of purple, blue, orange, etc. You need wisely to choose the shade you like. After reviewing and testing several brands, we can up with the list below as part of what we considered ‘best red eyeshadows’.
- Manic Panic Vampire
- Passions Palettes
- NYX Single Eye Shadow, Sunrise
- NYX Single Eye Shadow, Redhead
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Enter a New Realm Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio
- Gosh Effect Powder in Fox -Bright Red
- AC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Smoked Ruby – Blackned Red
- MAC Basic Red pro pigment
- Love+ Pressed Bright red
- Powder Eye Shadow in Daemon – bright scarlet red
- Make Up For EverScarlett 99
- Illamasqua Angst matte red cranberry
- Sephora’s Colorful Mono Eye shadow and Geisha Kiss 80
This list of best red eye shadow brands is not conclusive. There are many good brands of this eyeshadow, which have not been included here. See more red eye shadow brands, prices and reviews. We neither endorse any of the products listed here. Ensure you read many reviews on each of the products here before you buy it, even if it is indicated as one of the best red eyeshadows.
How to Apply Read Eyeshadow
We have seen some of the best brands you could opt for and you have an idea of how to choose them. We will now in explore how you can apply red eyeshadow step-wise manner.
- Clean your face, moisturize it and apply the face makeup you use. A clear face will ensure moisture is locked up and your eyeshadow will last longer.
- Apply eyeshadow primer and/or under eye concealer, (if you have some blemishes you would like to hide). Quite a number of leading makeup artists encourage people to apply under eye concealers before applying eyeshadow primer. Eye primer will ensure you have no creases and your eyeshadow stays put.
- Using a tapered flat brush, this will scoop more; highlight the inner corners of your eyes with base shadow. This is an optional step, which you could choose to ignore.
- Using a tapered eye shadow brush, apply it you have on your upper eyelid, close to your lash line. If you want a subtle look or you do not want your wrinkles to be exaggerated, you should apply just close to your lash line using an angled brush with stiff bristle. However, if you want a more striking look, apply it up to your eye creases – a flat head brush will help in bringing out a bolder or heavier effect. Avoid applying it on your entire eyelid and let it slightly go past your outer eye corners. Make your it deepest at the center of your eye crease.
- Using a fluffy brush, blend the red shadow you have just applied in step 4 upwards to spread the color upwards. This will help in making the sharp edges created as you applying red eyeshadow smoother and will make you achieve sultry smoky eyes look.
- If you want to add some structure, get cream black eyeliner and apply it along your upper lash line to help in highlighting your eyes and reduce the overwhelming effect.
- Smudging this eyeliner on your lower eyelash line will make you look more dramatic. You could apply the outer half corner of your lower lash line if you do not want your eyes to look smaller and make the sharp edges of your eyeliner much softer using cotton swab.
- For dimension, you should use a ‘sheer highlighter’ on your inner eye corners and brow bones to create a polished look that will not take way the attention from eye shadow you have applied.
- Apply eyelash curler and some Vaseline on your lashes.
Red Eyeshadow Tips, Secrets and Ideas
You have seen how to choose and apply and some best brands. It will be ideal if you find their shades suitable for you. However, you need the below red eyeshadow tips if you have to get best looks. This is what perhaps will differentiate a pro from a newbie!
- You stand a chance to look stunning if you correctly choose the shades you will be using. There are many shades available and it might require lots of experimentation to come up with a perfect look.
- Instead of using it alone, you could pair it another eyeshadow colors, especially darker ones like brown, plum or charcoal. If you do not want to pair up with another eyeshadow color, you could add shimmer dash on your inner eye corners.
- If you want to get subtle look, you could line the darkest shade you have as your eyeliner, both on your upper and lower lash line.
- If you have wrinkles on your eyelids, you should go for matte since trying shimmery red eye shadow will draw much attention to your wrinkles and they will be more noticeable.
- If you want vibrant looks, invest in a good quality and heavily pigmented brand.
It is time to change your mentality that this will make you look ghostly and scary. It is indeed one of the very daring eyeshadow that will make everyone notice you. Follow the above tips, step for using it and choose the correct color shade that will match well with your facial features. If you are, newbie and you can begin with some of the best red eyeshadows suggested and see how they will look on you. It is good to test as well as try to see how you look like.
Also See on Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Apply Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing and Putting On Eye Shadows
- How to Make Eyeshadow – Steps and Tips for Homemade Eye Shadow
- Best Eyeshadow Reviews – Different Best Eye Shadows Types and Rankings
- Eyeshadow Base – Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Eye Shadow Base
- Eyeshadow Primer – Tips, Best Brands, How Apply and Use How Eye Primers
- Choosing Best Eyeshadow Palette – Tips and Best Eye Shadow Palette
You May Also Like Types of Eyeshadow Makeup
- Best Glitter Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Glitter Eye Shadows
- Best Matte Eyeshadow Guide – Tips, How to Blend and Apply Matte Eye Shadows
- Best Mineral Eyeshadow Guide – Benefits, Cons, Tips, How to Apply Mineral Eye Shadows
- How to Apply Cream Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, Best Crème Eyeshadow
See Best Eyeshadow Makeup Colors
- How to Choose Eyeshadow Colors – Tips, Choosing Right Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Use Green Eyeshadow –Tips, Best Brands, Choosing, Apply Green Eye Shadow
- Pink eyeshadow Guide – Tips, Choosing, Best and How to Apply Pink Eyeshadow
- How to Apply Gold Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Tips, How to Choose Gold Eye Shadows
- Best Purple Eyeshadow – How to Apply, Choosing, Tips for Purple Eye Shadow
- Best Blue Eyeshadow – How to Choose, Match and Apply Blue Eye Shadows
- Best Black eyeshadow – Best Brands, Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Black Eyeshadow
- Best Brown Eyeshadow – Tips, Wearing and How to Apply Brown Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Blue Eyes – Tips, Choosing, Buying, Using Blue Eyes Eyeshadow and Eyeliner
- Best Eyeshadow for Brown Eyes – Choosing, Tips, How to Apply Brown Eyes Eye Shadows
- Best Eyeshadow for Green eyes –Choosing, Tips and How to Use Green Eyes Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Hazel Eyes Colors –Tips, Choosing, How to Apply