Although glitter eyeshadows are breathtaking, you do not want to look like a circus clown when wearing them. Learn Best brands including pencil, powder, gel, cream, palette, metallic, as well as tips for choosing and how to apply or use.However, we will not go into details glitter eyeshadow colors such as red, purple, silver, black, pink, gold, etc. We will share secrets, ideas and advises ensure you get stunning, subtle, natural or dramatic looks.
How to Choose Glitter Eyeshadows
- How to Choose Glitter Eyeshadows
- The Best Types of Glitter Eyeshadows – Top Brands
- How to Apply Glitter Eyeshadows – How to Wear
- How to use Glitter Eye shadow – How to Wear
- Glitter Eyeshadow Tips, Ideas, Secrets and Advices
Eye shadows will generally make you look amazing. However, if you want something stunning, you should go for glitter eyeshadow. When matched well with your other facial features and correct clothing, your eyes will be the new centerpiece of where you go. Ensure they complement each other for a completely eye-catching looks.
Subtle looks can be achieved by selecting colors that closely match your skin tone since they will make your skin to appear as if they are sparkling. You can try glittering eyeshadows that contrast other facial features if you want to highlight your eye color. For instance, going for eyeshadow that is cream will make your brown eyes deeper while a reddish color will bring back your green eyes to life.
The other factor that will affect your glitter shadow choice is the occasion and personal preferences. If you want to look dramatic, darker colored glittering shadows will work best if applied on your eyelids and eye corners (inner)). You can pair them with lighter shades towards your brow bone, on the areas above your crease to draw more attention. Having known how to choose them, you need to learn some of the best types before you know how to apply it.
The Best Types of Glitter Eyeshadows – Top Brands
To help you choose the best glitter eyeshadow, you should know that they come in different forms and color shades. Therefore, before buying any brand, you need to decide on the form you want as well was shade. Shade might be influenced by a number of things such as your skin tone, hair and eye color. Some of the popular forms include the following:
Glitter Eyeshadow Pencils
Some of the best eyeshadow glitter pencil includes the following:
- NARS Corcovado Soft Touch Eyeshadow Pencil
- LORAC Sparkle Pencil Eye Shadow & Liner-Blue Topaz
- Rimmel Stars Pencil
- 24/7 Glide-On Eye Shadow Pencil by Urban Decay
- Golden Rose Jumbo Pencil
- NYX Candy Liners
Best Glitter Eyeshadow Powder
Power glitter eyeshadow is particular very important when you want to blend it with other kinds of glitter eyeshadow.
- NYX Glitter Powder Pigment All 10 Colors
- Loose Pearl Powder Pigment 30 Colors
- 70 Color Shimmer Magic Powder Makeup Set
- Kaylan Eye Shadow Powder Color Yellow and Gold
- Manic Panic Powder Shadow
- NYX Loose Pearl Powder Pigment
- Urban Decay Sparkling Lickable Body Powder
- MAC Iridescent Powders
- Too Faced Pure Bronze Bronzer
- MAC Reflects Glitters
Best Glitter Eyeshadow Cream/Gel
People who love cream or gel eyeshadow can buy any of the below brands and many other great brands:
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Gel For Eyes
- Hard Candy Glitteratzi Eye Shadow Gel
- Daiso Pinky Snow L’ame Gel in Silver
- Hard Candy Glitteratzi Eye Gel Frosting 351
- BEAUTY TREATS Gel Eye Shadow Palette
- NYX Glitterati Cream Eyeshadow
- Sephora Cream Eyeshadow Set
- NYX Glitter Cream Pallet Eye Shadow
- La Femme 12 Pcs Cream Eyeshadow Palette
- Bare Escentuals High Shine Eye Color
Best Glitter Eyeshadow Palette
You could also opt for glitter eyeshadow palettes if you want to get a wide range of colors. These are some of the best option that comes in a wide range of colors.
- MAC Eye Shadow Eyeshadow Pro Palette
- L.A. Color Starlet Palette
- MUA Ball Palette
- La Femme 12 Pcs Cream Palette
- NYX Cosmetics Glitterati Cream Palette
- Stila Palette
- Candie’s Palette
- Dior Designer Eyeshadow Palettes
Metallic Glitter Eyeshadows
These brands mimic metals and are very popular. Some of the best metallic glitter eye shadow include the following:
- Heavy Metal Eyeliner by Urban Decay
- Urban Decay Metallic
- Urban Decay Metallic Intense Shadow
- Metallic Silver Eye r “Crushing Hard”
- Hard Candy Eye Def & Metallic Eyeshadows
- Sleek Makeup I-Divine Sparkle 2 Eyeshadow Palette
There are other types which you can buy. Furthermore above does not represent all the best their is but just a few of the popular ones. Each of the above glitter eyeliner comes in various colors. You need to be certain about the color of the glittering eyeshadows.
Others include the following:
- myface.cosmetics Blingtone Single Eyeshadow
- NARS Night Series Eyeshadow
- NYX Cream Palette
- elf Studio
- LASplash Eye Sparkle Mineral Eyeshadow
- MAC Glitter and Ice Mineralize Eye Shadow
How to Apply Glitter Eyeshadows – How to Wear
Glittery eyeshadow is an eye-catching makeup and fun to use. However, when it comes to its application, it can be very intimidation. We are going to discuss general steps on how to apply glittering eyeshadows without going to the specifics such as coming up with a certain style or color combination. Once you know how to apply glitter eyeshadow, you can then experiment the various styles and blends you need.
Step 1 – Preparation for Makeup
Just like any other eyeshadow, glitter is applied after you have applied your eye foundation, under eye concealers, eyeshadow primer, etc. Of course you will have to clear your face, moisturizer it with a non-oily moisturizer.
Step 2 – Apply Gel Glitter Eye shadow
The next step is to apply gel glitter eyeshadow base (for keeping your your eyeshadows in place). It can be applied using your fingertip, Q-tip or applicator or brush it should be neutral in color or white and it will only act as glue over which you can apply your final layer. Ensure you blend it well so that it does not look smeared. Leave it to dry for about a minute so that it is not too soft or hard for applying the next layer.
Step 3 – Apply Glitter Eyeshadow of Your Choice
You can now apply glittering eyeshadows of your choice, on top of where you applied the neutral gel glitter brand (eye shadow base). It is advisable to wear glittering eyeshadows only to cover half of your lower eyelid. Blend it well to ensure it does not look smeared. In addition, ensure the glitter eyeliner is not to close to your eye corners as it might cause some irritations.
However, just as you would look good if you covered you upper eyelid, extending them to the inner of your eye will make you look great. It is important to note that there are many other techniques followed in when you want to apply them. So long as a specific technique makes you achieve the looks you desire, it is ok to follow it.
Step 4 – Eyeliner and Mascara
Once you have applied it, you need to apply your eyeliner and then mascara. Your eyeliner could also be a glitter one or whichever type and color you choose.
Step 5 – Correcting Mistakes
As you apply your them, you should always correct any mistake by remove the unwanted parts using a makeup remover and tissue paper, cotton swab or Q-tip. You should then begin from step 1 again for the part you want to redo it.
How to use Glitter Eye shadow – How to Wear
These eyeshadows can be used in many other ways other than as an eyeshadow, which you apply on your eyelids as we have seen in the steps above.
1. As an Eyeshadow
The first way you can use glitter eyeliner is as an eyeshadow. In this case, you will follow the normal steps on applying glitter eyeliner discussed.
2. As an Eyeliner
Using your glitter eyeshadow as an eyeliner along your lash line is a powerful way of getting pop looks without calling for too much attention. You will follow the normal steps for applying glitter eyeliner. You could apply it either alone or on top of gel eyeliner you have already applied.
3. On Your Eyelashes
Glitter eyeshadow as mascara on your eyelashes can be worn in two ways. The first way is using clear glittery mascara. Alternatively, you could use false eyelashes that are glittery.
Glitter Eyeshadow Tips, Ideas, Secrets and Advices
Glittering eyeshadows is charming but it should be applied properly to avoid you looking like a disco ball. Although you might vary how you apply it, some of the general advices from most makeup artists include the following:
- Wear them to your eye creases and not beyond to your eyebrows and avoid wearing to much. This will help you get natural looks.
- Glittery eyeshadows come in a wide range of colors just like other eye shadows available in the market and you have the freedom of choose the color you like. Some of the common colors include silver, bronze, gold, and black, among many others
- Gold, silver or green will look great and you could include them in your eyeshadow palette. You can use these colors as an eyeliner where you will have to touch it over your black eyeliner it you do not want to look gaudy.
- Metallic eyeshadow should not be used on the entire eyelid but only as a highlighter. You can apply it only where your eyeball is. Applying too much might give you undesirable looks.
- Another very important rule is that less is always better unless you want extremely bold looks.
I have met a few ladies who think glittering eyeliner shadow makes someone to look ghostly. If that happens, it is because of how badly it has been used. However, if used well, you should look awesome. You have learnt about the best glitter eyeshadow, how to choose and how to apply them. You also covered some important tips that can change how you use it.
Also See on Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Apply Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing and Putting On Eye Shadows
- How to Make Eyeshadow – Steps and Tips for Homemade Eye Shadow
- Best Eyeshadow Reviews – Different Best Eye Shadows Types and Rankings
- Eyeshadow Base – Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Eye Shadow Base
- Eyeshadow Primer – Tips, Best Brands, How Apply and Use How Eye Primers
- Choosing Best Eyeshadow Palette – Tips and Best Eye Shadow Palette
You May Also Like Types of Eyeshadow Makeup
- Best Matte Eyeshadow Guide – Tips, How to Blend and Apply Matte Eye Shadows
- Best Mineral Eyeshadow Guide – Benefits, Cons, Tips, How to Apply Mineral Eye Shadows
- How to Apply Cream Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, Best Crème Eyeshadow
See Best Eyeshadow Makeup Colors
- How to Choose Eyeshadow Colors – Tips, Choosing Right Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Use Green Eyeshadow –Tips, Best Brands, Choosing, Apply Green Eye Shadow
- Pink eyeshadow Guide – Tips, Choosing, Best and How to Apply Pink Eyeshadow
- How to Apply Gold Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Tips, How to Choose Gold Eye Shadows
- How Apply Red Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Choosing and Tips for Red Eye Shadows
- Best Purple Eyeshadow – How to Apply, Choosing, Tips for Purple Eye Shadow
- Best Blue Eyeshadow – How to Choose, Match and Apply Blue Eye Shadows
- Best Black eyeshadow – Best Brands, Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Black Eyeshadow
- Best Brown Eyeshadow – Tips, Wearing and How to Apply Brown Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Blue Eyes – Tips, Choosing, Buying, Using Blue Eyes Eyeshadow and Eyeliner
- Best Eyeshadow for Brown Eyes – Choosing, Tips, How to Apply Brown Eyes Eye Shadows
- Best Eyeshadow for Green eyes –Choosing, Tips and How to Use Green Eyes Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Hazel Eyes Colors –Tips, Choosing, How to Apply