Are you a green-eyed girl like Jennifer Connelly or Rihanna who would like to know the eyeshadow colors would be best or a makeup artist? This article will cover the best eyeshadow for green eyes including makeup tips for green eye color, how to choose eyeshadow, use and other tips for people with this eye color.
Green eyes are lovely and let no one give them a bad rap. If done with correct eyeshadow color, you will end up looking hilarious. The fact that this eye color are not as common as brown, hazel or blue, you should count yourself lucky and unique. Rihanna is green eyed (some peopel say her eyes are hazel) and she looks great in eyeshadows of various colors.
How to Choose Eyeshadow for Green Eyes
- How to Choose Eyeshadow for Green Eyes
- Best Eyeshadow for Green Eye Color
- How to Use Eyeshadow for Green eye Colors
- Makeup Tips – Eyeshadow Color for Green Eyes Tips, Secrets, Advices and Ideas
Before we go to giving you examples of eyeshadows you can make use of, it is important to ensure the basis used in deciding which colors are fit for this eye color. If you want sultry soft look, you should go for monochromatic color shades. There are colors which on the same side of green on the color wheel. They include, gold green and sages. When using monochromatic eyeshadow colors for green eye color, you need to be careful to ensure they do not make your eyes dull or overwhelm your them.
The other option when choose the best eyeshadow for green eyes is to go for complimentary colors. These are colors, which are normally on the opposite of green on the color wheel. Here you will get color shades of pinks, roses, purple and mauves. These colors could be blended or used alone.
Best Eyeshadow for Green Eye Color
Green-eyed girls should consider themselves lucky because they have a wide range eyeshadow colors to use. Some of the colors they could go for that will really make them look exceptional include the following:
Brown and Base Eyeshadow Colors
Brown and base eyeshadows are ideal for people who have this eye color. They will compliment well their eye color. If you have a pale skin, you should go for brown with pink undertones or purple as they will compliment your eyes and skin well. If you have darker skin, goes for dark green and deep bronze shades.
Being is a subtle color, which will enhance and compliment green eyes. It is ideal for daytime. For night or evening functions, try going for something more dramatic. Some of the best beige eyeshadow color for these eyes include the following:
- Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Wash
- Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadows Barely Beige
- Chanel Kaska Beige Quad
- Matte Golden Beige
- Lorac Beige
- Maybelline Mono in Beige Nude
- L’Oreal Eye Shadow Color Appeal Platinum Beige
- Light Peachy Satin Beige
Tan Eyeshadows to Use
This versatile neutral eyeshadow for green eyes that will look great, especially when used as your eyeshadow base, when you want to pair it with another more vivid eyeshadow for green eye color. It can also be worn alone for natural daytime look. Some of the best tan eyeshadow to buy include the following:
- Christian Dior Rosy Tan 5-Colour Palette
- Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow – Tan
- Jane Iredale Tan Palette
- Posh- shimmering tan eye shadow- Stila Wheat clone Mineral
- Dior Rosy Tan Palette
Gold Eyeshadows for Green Eye Color
If paired with other colors, gold eyeshadows will look phenomenon on green due to its shimmery look it gives. Use gold eyeshadows for highlighting your brows and on your inner corners. Some of the gold eyeshadow to use on include the following
- Ashley Greene’s Gorgeous Golden
- L’Oreal Gold Imperial Infallible
- Maybelline Gold Rush Color Tattoo Metal
- Stila Baked Eye shadow Trio – Gold Glow
- Rimmel Glam’Eyes HD Eye shadow in Heart of Gold
Plum Eyeshadows to Try
These eyeshadow can help make your eyes look great since green and plum complement each other well. It can help in highlighting your eyes’ green color and make them more vibrant and larger. Use a light shade during the day and heavily during evenings. You can even create smoky eye looks using plum. Some of the best plum eyeshadow for green eyes to try include the following:
- Clinique Colour Surge eye shadow duo in Beach Plum
- L’Oreal Smoldering Plum Infallible
- Poison Plum Pressed
- Coloressence Pearl Effect Eye shadow Pencil in Plum Pink
- MAC Hush-A-Plum
If you have green eyes, charcoal is what you should use to create smokey eyes. Its dark shade is ideal for blending with other eyeshadow colors and it will create perfect looks. If you are looking for charcoal eyeshadows, try the following:
- Bobbi Brown Eye shadow in Charcoal
- Jordana Eye Shadow- Charcoal
- E.L.F. Studio Single Eye shadow Charcoal
- Napoleon Perdis Charcoal Palette
- NYX Loose Pearl Eye Shadow-charcoal
Any of the purple shades will compliment green eye color well. You should go for this eyeshadow if you want to create drama looks. It works best for people whose eyes have undertones of soft blue. Some of the best violet eyeshadows for green eyes include the following:
- Estee Lauder Violet Underground Palette
- L’Oreal Perpetual Purple Infallible
- Konad Inoje Flobu – Ultra Violet
- Revlon Perle
- MAC Creme de Violet eye shadow, etc.
Peach eyeshadows will look incredible especially if you apply it on your lids and pair it up with either bronze or brown on creases. It works best for people who have fair hair color. If you want to try peach, here are some of the best peach eyeshadow brands to try.
- Innoxa peach
- MAC Sensual Peach Eye Look Bag
- Incolor Professional Eye shadow in Peach
- NYC Eye shadow Duo in Brighton Peach
- Too Faced Duo Eye Shadow
- Peach Fuzz and Sexpresso, etc.
Grey works almost like charcoal and will lay more emphasis on your eyes. You can create a coat of grey on the eyelids if you want to be glamorous. Go for steel grey and not silvery because the later does not work well with this eye color. Some of the grey eyeshadow you could give a try include the following:
- La Femme Pressed – Powder – Grey
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow Pebble Grey
- Incolor Professional – Dark Grey
- Cargo Essential – Palette in Smokey Grey
Green Eyeshadow for Green Eye Color
Green eyeshadow can be used on green eyes. However, you should be careful in choosing the exact color shades. Hunter green color shade is particularly good or any shade that is close to olive. They will make your eyes sparkle. Some of the green eyeshadows you should buy include the following:
- NYX Single Eye Shadow, HunterGreen
- MAC Fashion Flower Eyeshadows
- Strider deep matte hunter green
- NYX Cream Eye Shadow- HunterGreen
- Almay Intense I-Color Eye Shadow Trio for Greens
There are many other eyeshadow for green eyes you can use depending on which undertones you have and they include the following:
- Burnt colors
- Pale violets or lilacs
How to Use Eyeshadow for Green eye Colors
The steps followed in applying eyeshadows for green eyes will be depending on the form (cream, glitter, liquid, powder, matte, etc,) that the it comes in. You can follow the general steps on how to apply eye shadow or be specific depending on which color you are using. See for green, brown, purple, gold eyeshadows, etc.
The general rule is to apply a lighter shade of eyeshadow color for green eyes you have chosen on your eyelids while darker shades will be applied on creases and eye corners. The exact way you will apply will be dependent your eye features. Ensure you use the correct eyeliner for green eye color and mascara.
Makeup Tips – Eyeshadow Color for Green Eyes Tips, Secrets, Advices and Ideas
Other than the choice of the right eyeshadow color for green eyes, the secrets, tips, advices and ideas shared below is what most of the celebrity makeup artist use to bring special effects and make a difference in how a lady with this eye color looks like.
- If they are deep close set, you should use mauve eyeshadows on the inner half of your eyelids and darker shades of plum on the outer edges. This will improve the appearance of your eyes.
- People who have droopy eyes should use dark shades of purple on their inner areas of their eyelids and use brighter color shades on the outer parts.
- Although black mascara is the order of the day, you should try colored mascara especially plum along with your favorite eyeshadow color for green eye color. Curling your lashes will help in strengthening them.
- Neutral eyeshadows like gray, charcoal and brown are best if you do not want to steal attention from your eyes.
We have looked at how to choose eyeshadows for green eyes and some of the best eyeshadow colors to use. With the correct eyeshadow color for green eyes, you can be able to create whichever look you want whether you want a soft sultry look (uses monochromic), fresh and bright look ( complimentary colors) or bold look (still with complimentary colors).
Also See on Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Apply Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing and Putting On Eye Shadows
- How to Make Eyeshadow – Steps and Tips for Homemade Eye Shadow
- Best Eyeshadow Reviews – Different Best Eye Shadows Types and Rankings
- Eyeshadow Base – Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Eye Shadow Base
- Eyeshadow Primer – Tips, Best Brands, How Apply and Use How Eye Primers
- Choosing Best Eyeshadow Palette – Tips and Best Eye Shadow Palette
You May Also Like Types of Eyeshadow Makeup
- Best Glitter Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Glitter Eye Shadows
- Best Matte Eyeshadow Guide – Tips, How to Blend and Apply Matte Eye Shadows
- Best Mineral Eyeshadow Guide – Benefits, Cons, Tips, How to Apply Mineral Eye Shadows
- How to Apply Cream Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, Best Crème Eyeshadow
See Best Eyeshadow Makeup Colors
- How to Choose Eyeshadow Colors – Tips, Choosing Right Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Use Green Eyeshadow –Tips, Best Brands, Choosing, Apply Green Eye Shadow
- Pink eyeshadow Guide – Tips, Choosing, Best and How to Apply Pink Eyeshadow
- How to Apply Gold Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Tips, How to Choose Gold Eye Shadows
- How Apply Red Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Choosing and Tips for Red Eye Shadows
- Best Purple Eyeshadow – How to Apply, Choosing, Tips for Purple Eye Shadow
- Best Black eyeshadow – Best Brands, Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Black Eyeshadow
- Best Blue Eyeshadow – How to Choose, Match and Apply Blue Eye Shadows
- Best Brown Eyeshadow – Tips, Wearing and How to Apply Brown Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Blue Eyes – Tips, Choosing, Buying, Using Blue Eyes Eyeshadow and Eyeliner
- Best Eyeshadow for Brown Eyes – Choosing, Tips, How to Apply Brown Eyes Eye Shadows
- Best Eyeshadow for Hazel Eyes Colors –Tips, Choosing, How to Apply