While going out on a first date, the tension is always high. Finding clothes to wear on this great event may add up on the tension that already exists. The one question lingering on most people’s minds is; what outfit is suitable for a first date? We explore this from various angles to help you choose something that will make you look your best including first date outfits for men, women, ideas and casual wear on first date.
Cute First Date Outfits – Flattery First Date Outfits
A charming or cute first date outfit is what anyone going on a first date would want to settle for. Put the following considerations in mind to help achieve this.
Dress for the location and occasion: Get to learn where you are going to on your first date. Let the location of the date help you in determining what outfit you will don. A walk in the park may require a different outfit from a walk in the moon. The occasion should also be put in mind. What you wear to a formal dinner is not what you may want to wear to a first date in the club.
Flatter your assets: Go for a cute first date outfit that will help you look your best. It should show off your greatest part of the body in a modest way. Avoid clothes that are too tight or which show too much skin. Clothes made from revealing fabrics should be avoided on a first date.
Dark colors help in concealing what we don’t like. Focus this color on parts you are self-conscious about. Light colors highlight any body part by drawing attention to it. Use them on the part you want to show.
Comfort: Do not wear things that you will be straining to stay in. No matter how perfectly they fit you, you won’t look cute if you are not comfortable. Wear clothes that will not require you to keep adjusting them.
Accessories: To compliment your outfit, only wear a few accessories. If you opt for a hand accessory, leave it at that. If you prefer a necklace wear it alone. Too many accessories may draw attention from you. Also avoid heavily detailed clothes. Try not to appear too flashy.
Colors: Avoid any bold colors such as black, brown and red. Go for other more feminine ones that match your skin tone. Colors can also be used to either emphasize or de-emphasize any elements of the body. To draw attention to any part, accentuate it with a bright color. Dark colors can be used to achieve the opposite effect.
Shoes: While flat shoes may be suitable for outdoor first dates, wearing heels can transform an outfit from okay to great. Heels have a way of flattering lower parts of the body. Wearing it with your outfit will help add that elegant touch. Make sure it is the right length and that it is possible to engage with your date without it causing problems.
Your date’s preferable outfit: Having interacted with your date before, there is a possibility that you know their preferred type of clothing. You may also have a clue what their favorite color is. Incorporate these into your outfit if you feel they are suitable. Don’t try too hard to put this into consideration if they don’t go along with what you plan to wear.
First Date Outfit Ideas
To get some specific first date elegant and comfortable outfit date outfit ideas, check the list below:
- For a simple yet dazzling outfit, try wearing lace modestly. Wear a tank top and layer a lace dress over it.
- Wear tan heels for a leg lengthening trick.
- Lightly detailed dress will help minimize accessories required.
- Have a multi-occasions date outfit. This will help more so if the venue for your first date is secret or will shift from one place to another. Accessorize it well and you will be good to go.
- When going to the movies for a first date, wear a figure hugging skirt and a basic top.
- Bold patterns help the person wearing them to exude confidence. Wear them in form of tops and pair them up with plain bottoms.
- Accessorize nude outfits with black to add some color. This neutral can be broken by black colored shoes, bangles and bags.
First Date Outfits for Women
The pressure felt when deciding what to wear to a first date or the best first date outfit is felt most by women. They have to go an extra mile to come up with an outfit that will be outstanding without being extreme. Below are some techniques or first date outfit for women ideas to help make this process easy.
- Where it suits the occasion, opt for dresses or skirts. The femininity brought out by these two is said to please men than if you wore shorts or pants.
- Avoid showing too much skin. Keep the cleavage to the least, avoid very short outfits and ensure that what you wear is not revealing. Men will not be pleased if they can visually trace every part of your body.
- Your heels should not be the longest that there are in the market. Keep it at a reasonable length. This will also ease walking if you have to.
- You do not have to wear the most expensive outfit to your first date. Do not be seen as trying too hard to appear classy. Let your date form an opinion on your personality by watching how you behave or by asking you questions. Keep off expensive outfits which may not be comfortable.
- Avoid going on a first date in office wear. This will show a lack of seriousness and purpose on your part. Your date may not be pleased.
Perfect First Date Outfit for Men
Some men are known to stick to their personal style irrespective of where they are or what they are doing. While going out on a date some of the perfect first date outfit for men ideas include:
- Men should avoid inappropriate dressing. Avoid any extremes that you may be used to. If you are the kind of guy who likes his neck heavy with metallic accessories, try to adjust. Only wear what may be necessary to compliment your clothes.
- Take into consideration any set dress code that may exist as part of a restaurant’s policy and adhere to it. You should never be caught wearing jeans where you ought to be in a suit.
- Also wear clothes that are well fitting. Too tight ones may create a negative first impression while baggy clothes may be interpreted as a show of disorganization.
I hope the above perfect first date outfit for men ideas will be helpful. It is your day and you deserve to look best!
Suggested Further Reading:
- Kiss on First Date – Should You Kiss On the First Date or Not
- Cute First Date Ideas Including Dinner and Romantic
- Great First Date Ideas – Cool Ideas, Awesome and Casual
- Best First Date Ideas – Perfect, For College Students
- Unique First Date Ideas, Memorable and Creative
- Things to Do On First Date and First Date Quotes
- First Date Gifts, Makeup, Jokes & Jitters
- Perfect First Date, Outfit, Good Places & Bad Ideas for Your First Date
- First Date Etiquette & Rules – Men & Women’s 1st Date Rules