Colored Mascara – Best Purple, Brown, Green, Red, White, Gold, Yellow, Silver, Wearing Color Mascara Tips
Colored Mascaras Tips1. Choose the Right Mascaras for Your Eye Color2. Avoid Matching Eyeshadow and Mascaras Colors3. Swipe Clear Mascaras First4. Wear Colored Mascaras According to Occasion5. Reduce other makeup6. Curl Your Lashes with Eyelash Curler7. Black EyelinerOther Colored Mascaras TipsCommon Mascara Colors1. Best Red Mascaras – Top Brands2. Best Purple Mascaras – Top Brands3. Best Blue Mascara - Top Brands4. Best Bronze Mascaras – Top Brands5. Best Green Mascaras – Top Brands6. Best Glitter Mascara – Top Brands7. Best Gel Mascaras – Top Brands8. Best Grey Mascaras – Top Brands9. Best Black Mascara – Top Brands10.Best Brown Mascara – Top Brands11.Best White Mascara – Best Brands12.Best Yellow Mascara – Top Brands13.Golden Mascara- Top Brands14. Best Silver Mascaras – Top Brands15.Best Copper Mascara – Top BrandsConclusionGet More on Types of MascarasSuggested Further ReadingMore on Colored Mascaras
Do you love colored mascara? Get the best purple, brown, green, glitter, gel, white, red, gold, yellow, silver, copper, bronze and grey as well as how to wear and tips for colored mascara. You will also learn how to choose colored them for truly mystique and intrigue on your lovely eyes.
Colored mascaras are exceptional and they can add charm to your eyelashes. Quite a number of ladies know that colored mascaras was popular in the 1990s they are afraid it might make them look outdated or tacky. However, if you use it them well, they will make give your eyes a sexy appeal. They will make your eyes pop or make your eye area wider if colors are chosen well.
Colored Mascaras Tips
Before we look at the different mascara colors, it is good we mention something or tips about colored mascara. This will ensure you look well in your colored mascaras. So what are some of the colored mascaras tips?
1. Choose the Right Mascaras for Your Eye Color
When choosing the right mascara color, you should ensure it match well with your eye color, skin tone and hair color. This should be done in addition to using other makeup that compliments your colored mascaras.
When choosing mascaras, you should consider your eye color.
- Mascaras for Green Eyes - if you are of lovely green eyes, purple and plum mascaras will be good for you. This colors will greatly fatter your eyes if they are paired with grey eyeshadow, especially if you do smokey eyes.
- Mascaras for Brown Eyes – People with dark brown eyes can use brown or green. Darker mascara is generally good especially black for people who have brown eyes. However, going for navy blue mascara is still a good decision. If you have light brown eyes, go for purple mascaras.
- Mascara for Hazel eyes – So what color of mascaras can you use for hazel eyes? It is simple, apply green to help capture the green tones in your hazel eyes. Use silver eyeshadow to help bring contrast with the green mascara so that your eyes will pop.
- Mascara for Blue Eyes - girls with blue eyes can use bright marine to accentuate their eyes by making them brighter. This blues shade can be worn with bronze or copper eyeshadow. Purple mascaras will still look great on blue eyes.
Remember to choose a color that will accentuate your eye color and not make you look dull or overwhelm your eyes.
2. Avoid Matching Eyeshadow and Mascaras Colors
One mistake that quite a number of ladies make is matching their mascara color and eyeshadow color. It is instead a good idea to compliment your mascaras and eyeshadow colors. You do not what complimentary colors are? See see more on complimentary, monochromatic, warm and cool colors.
3. Swipe Clear Mascaras First
Before you apply your colored mascaras, it is a good idea to swipe your eyelashes with clear mascaras. This will separate and extend your lashes. Read more on the best clear mascara including best brands, how to use them and tips.
4. Wear Colored Mascaras According to Occasion
When you are going for casual functions, apply one coat of colored mascaras. When going for parties, clubbing, etc. you can wear up to three coats of colored mascaras.
- Darker mascaras with jewel tones are ideal for daytime use. People who do not want much color could first apply black mascara before applying the color that suits their eyes.
- If you are going for a night out, get the glam by using intense colored mascaras. Begin with a good white mascara primer before applying your colored mascaras.
- Daring drama look can be applied if you went for colored false lashes.
5. Reduce other makeup
Since colored mascaras are going to highlight your eyes, it is good to go easy of other eye makeup and simply apply blush and avoid colored eyeshadow. If you must apply eyeshadow, then ensure the color compliments your mascara color as discussed above. Avoid using colored mascaras and colored eyeshadow as you have higher chances of looking awful.
6. Curl Your Lashes with Eyelash Curler
Before wearing your mascara, you need to curl your eyelashes using an eyelash curler. This will ensure your eyelashes are opened up and will have a perfect curl when finally apply mascara. Ensure you also have a good brush that will apply mascaras as you wanted. See more on how to apply or put on mascara including tips, tricks, how to remove, etc
7. Black Eyeliner
When using colored mascaras, it is a good idea you use black eyeliner. You can use black pencil eyeliner on your inner eye rims while black liquid eyeliner will create bold looks on your upper lash line.
Other Colored Mascaras Tips
- Ensure you have highlighted your eye edges so as to give your eyes a defined look.
- Apply your usual brand i.e. black or brown and apply the colored mascaras on the tips of your eyelashes.
- Experiment different brand colors to see which one suits you well. You might get new colored mascaras that will amaze you. Do not be scared to try to explore new colors.
- Choose light colored mascaras if you want to open up your eyes while to zoom them, go for darker colors.
Common Mascara Colors
We have seen some of the important colored mascara tips which you need to follow always when applying colored mascaras. Let us now look at some of the common mascara colors and best brands for each color. We will definitely not cover all the colors that mascaras come in but we will look at some of the popular ones. If you are interested, consider comparing best mascara brands prices.
1. Best Red Mascaras – Top Brands
Many people often tend to avoid red color so much, especially when applying any kind of makeup. It is however an exceptional color to be on your eyes, both for eyeliner, eyeshadow or mascaras. Red mascaras should be worn bold and you need to apply several coats of mascaras. People with blue eyes can go the icy tones to help eyes to to pop and thereby get the flattering red eye looks. Some of the best red mascara brands you could buy include the following:
- Bobbie Weiner BMMR Deep Blood Red
- Yves Saint Laurent Red
- Little Red Dress Collection
- Venomous Villains Red Mac Makeup [MAC-1128]
- Estee Lauder Red
- Eyes Peeled: Stargazer Red
2. Best Purple Mascaras – Top Brands
When using purple mascaras, you should be aware of the fact that this color tends to look bolder on the mascara brush than when you apply it on your eyes. Do not get scared when you see it so bold. Although purple mascara is strong, it flatters quite a number of skin colors. Applying a flash of purple can help bring out the green tones often found in hazel eyes and deepen your brown eyes. Here are the best purple eyeshadow brands:
- Maybelline Pop of Purple Gre
- Yves Saint Laurent Aquaresistant Purple
- Christian Dior Long Optic in Purple
- Chanel Inimitable Intense , Purple
- Essence Volume Purple
- Collection 2000 Extreme Coloured Length Purple
- Bath Bomb Purple
- Hard Candy Hard Candy Ginormous Purple Haze
- Maybelline NY Falsies Purple
- Estee Lauder Purple
3. Best Blue Mascara - Top Brands
Blue is a very versatile color that needs prior experimentation and every eye color, skin tone or hair color will find a shade that will compliment these features very well. You have a whole range of dark, medium to light blue mascaras to experiment with and know what works well for you. We have comprehensively covered blue mascaras, including more best blue mascara brands, how to use blue mascaras and much more. Blue makes brown eyes appear golden, accentuates the green in hazel eyes, while it makes blue eyes much deeper. So what are some of the best blue mascaras?
- Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue
- Christian Dior Diorshow in Azure Blue
- NYX’s in Navy
- Maybelline Great Lash Washable , Royal Blue
- Dior’s Diorshow Iconic in Navy Blue
- Korres Deep Colour in Black Blue 04
- Blinc Dark Blue
- Yves Saint Laurent Majorelle Blue Volume Effet Faux Cils
- BeneFit Bad Gal Blue Brightening Blue
- Buxom Lash Special Effects Blue Noir
- Isadora Build Up Extra Volume in Royal Blue
- Kiss Me in Blue
- Lancome’s Definicils in Navy
- Blue Heaven Long Lash Cream Mascaras
Read more on blue mascara
4. Best Bronze Mascaras – Top Brands
You want to try bronze mascaras? You are certainly going to get luminous eyes. Do not be worried about how you will look since bronze is subtle. Depending on the color you shade you choose they fit well green, hazel, and blue eyes. People who have brown eyes will have them much enhanced with bronze mascaras. These rich warm mascaras will work well if paired with bronze blush and lipstick. It contains some bronze or gold flecks that will make you stunning. Some of the best bronze mascaras to buy include:
- L’Oreal HIP High Drama Volumizing in Black-Bronze
- Chanel Inimitable Waterproof BRONZE
- Lancaster Infinite Bronze Water Resistant
- Physicians Formula Lieutenant Lash in Black Bronze
- L’Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator, Black Bronze
- Yves Saint Laurent Bronze
- Max Factor Bronze
- Max Factor Bronze
5. Best Green Mascaras – Top Brands
Whether you want to thicken, lengthen, define or accentuate your eyes, green mascaras are good for you. You only need to ensure you have gone for mascaras with natural waxes and oils as they tend to resist moisture i.e. they are more water-resistant (or even go for good waterproof mascara if possible).
Green mascaras will help in bringing out tones of warm brown and violet in your eyes. It is not for faint-hearted people. It is however, a great choice of colored mascaras you can go for. Green mascaras come in different shades and brands. Some of the best green mascaras you can go for include the following:
- MAC Green is Green Zoom Lash
- Maybelline Colored in Go Go Green
- Green People Organic Lifestyle Volumising
- Kiss Me Green
- Maybelline Great Lash 12 Green Envy
- Green People Organic
- Stila Wet Mascara-Green
6. Best Glitter Mascara – Top Brands
Glitter mascara is a powerful way of seeking for mystique appeal and certainly great mascaras for clubbing and night outs. Anyone can look great on glitter brands and it is great to try, as it will give you stunning blazing looks. However, be keen to avoid it settling on your under eye eye wrinkles, thereby making them more noticeable. Some of the very best glitter mascaras to try are:
- Hard Candy Lash Tinsel Glitter
- Deborah Glitter 13 ml
- Avon Color Trend Glitter
- Stargazer Glitter - Purple
- Yves Rocher Glitter
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Diamonds
- Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Duo
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing
- Almay Intense i-color in Black Emerald for hazel eyes
- Revlon High Dimensions 02 Bronze
7. Best Gel Mascaras – Top Brands
Gel mascara is important in both lengthening and separating eyelashes. It is also ideal for hold in place eyelash hairs and it will help in creating fuller, curly lashes. Some brands of gel are tinted. However, most of the gel brands are transparent. If you would like to try it, they have many advantages but you need to be skilled. People who do not know how to use gel mascaras should go for translucent brands. Some of the best gel mascaras to buy include the following.
- Kanebo KATE Magical Volume Gel
- Gorgeous Cosmetics Le Noire Gel , Black
- Essence Lash & Brow Gel
- Diana of London Aqua Lift Gel
- Ere Perez Natural Aloe Vera Gel
- Kiko Cosmetics Eyebrow Designer Gel
- Enova Mascara Lengthening Transplanting Gel & Fiber
8. Best Grey Mascaras – Top Brands
People who find black mascaras too much can turn to grey mascaras. There are many color shades of grey and you should find a shade that will suit your eye color and other facial features. It will bring looks that are close to black. If you want to try grey mascaras, here are some of the best grey brands to buy:
- Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils in Sublime Grey
- Jane Iredale Longest Lash – Slate Grey
- Yves Saint Laurent Luxurious ~ Sublime Grey
- geoGirl FYEO (ForYourEyesOnly) – Feather Lash , Grey
- IsaDora Magic Curl with Panthenol, Black Grey
- Lancome Grey
9. Best Black Mascara – Top Brands
Black mascaras are one of the most popular mascaras and the most commonly used. Being neutral colored, it suits all eye color, skin tone and hair colors well. A few people often find it so much. Brown mascaras are a good option for such people. When you go out shopping for black mascaras, here are some of the best black or brands of black you should purchase:
- MAC Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash
- L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Volume Building
- Diorshow Black Out
- Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black
- Max Factor Eye Brightening Tonal Black
- Napoleon Perdis Long Black by Napoleon
- Rimmel VolumeFlash ScandalEyes in Black
- L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Extra-Black
- ybf Aquafusion Xtreme Black Duo
- MAC False Lashes Extreme Black
- Ecco Bella Black
- MAC Opulash Optimum Black
- Essence Multi Action Blackest Black
10.Best Brown Mascara – Top Brands
The best alternative of black mascara is brown. This can be worn by all ladies and it gives less bold looks compared to black. There are many shades of brown mascaras ranging from dark brown, medium to light brown. People with lighter skin tones should go for lighter shades and those with darker skin tones will look best in darker brown. Some of the best brown brands to buy include the following:
- Benefit Bad Gal Brown
- NYX Long Lash Brown
- Maybelline Great Lash , Dark Brown
- Maybelline The Colossal Volum’ Express, Glam Brown
- Ecco Bella Brown
- Love Switch Pink Brown
- Jane Iredale PureLash - Agate Brown
- Oriflame Giordani Gold Lash Fascination ‘Brown’
- REVLON Fabulash Mascara Review – Blackened Brown
- CoverGirl LashBlast Volume , Brown 815
- Covergirl Eyelights in Brown
11.Best White Mascara – Best Brands
Amazed there are white mascaras? If fact quite important to have white mascaras to help you darken or brighten your lashes. You could even use it to color them other than defining and thickening them. There are many best brands of white available in the market. Therefore, if you want great results, ensure you go for a good brand. Some of the best brands I would recommend you try includes the following:
- Lancome White
- Bobbie Weiner BMWM Bloody Mary’s White
- Hard Candy 1,000 Lashes Fiber Primer, White
- L’oreal Double Extend white
- Ben Nye White
- Maybelline XXL Volume Length Microfiber
- Oriflame Giordani Gold White Gold
- La Femme Black & White
12.Best Yellow Mascara – Top Brands
If you want to try yellow mascaras, you need to carefully a color that will compliment well your facial features. Some of the best yellow brands you can go for include the following.
- The UV Fluorescent Yellow
- Maybelline Magnum Volum’ Ultra Comb – Black and Yellow
- Ipsa Eyebrow - #YBR (Yellow Brown)
- Longlasting Mascara&plastic Yellow Tube
- Janet Neon Coloured Uv Yellow
13.Golden Mascara- Top Brands
Who does not love the golden color? You can also try golden mascaras on your eyes and see how it looks like. There are many shades of golden mascaras and you will not fail to get one that will compliment your looks well. What are some of the best golden brands available in the market?
- Avon 24K Gold Mascaras Golden Brown
- Lancome Golden Carat
- Oriflame Giordani Gold Lash Fascination
- Golden Rose Perfect Lashes Multivitamin Transparent
- Yves Saint Laurent False Lash Effect
14. Best Silver Mascaras – Top Brands
Another great color you should try are sliver mascaras. There are many best brands of silver mascaras in the market. After reviewing the various silver brands, we can with the below list as some of the best silver mascara brands you can buy.
- Sephora Shimmering
- JK Jemma Kidd Silver Screen Liner Duo
- Lancome Silver
- Reviews on Lacura Volumising
- Hard Candy Ginormous by Hard Candy, Silver
15.Best Copper Mascara – Top Brands
Copper mascara can be used in a similar manner as bronze. This is a great color that can help you get very expressive looks. Some of the best copper mascara brands in the market include the following:
- L’Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator Black Copper
- Revlon Lash Fantasy – Copper Fantasy
- Estee Lauder Copper
- Suki Color Rich Pigment , Copper Brown
- Estee Lauder Mascara MagnaColor Maximum Intensity
The discussion on colored and some of the best mascara colors available was long. However, you must have learnt some colored mascara tips, how to choose colored mascara and finally the common colors.
Get More on Types of Mascaras
- Lengthening Mascara – Best Brands, Tips, and How to Use Lengthening Mascaras
- Fiber Mascara Review – Best Brands, Benefits, Risks, How to Apply and Remove Fibre Mascara
- Tube Mascara Review – Best Brands, Tips and How to Apply Tube Mascaras
- Falsies Mascara Review – Tips and How to Apply Maybelline Falsies Mascara
- Thickening or Volume Mascara – Tips, Best Volumizing, L’Oreal Volumious and How to Apply
- Best Waterproof Mascaras –Best Brands, How to Apply and Remove Water Proof Mascaras
- Clear Mascara – Benefits, Tips, How to Apply and Best Clear Mascara
Suggested Further Reading
- How to Apply Mascara – Ingredients, Tips and How to Remove Mascara
- How to Apply Bottom Lash Mascara – Lower Lash Mascara Tips and Secrets
- How to Make Mascara – Ingredients, Tips and Homemade Mascaras Steps
- Best Mascara Review – Different Types of Mascaras and their Top Brands